• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Thumbnail submission and resizing to a small size

Wootenstien

Good evening everyone!

I'm trying to submit a story that I have written and I have gotten to the point of uploading my thumbnail so people can get a good idea on what the story is before they even click on it.

The problem I am having is when I submit a thumbnail it resizes to such a small size that I cannot even read the text on the picture. When I look at other submissions in terms of story content, their thumbnails are much larger and easier to read.

I am just wondering if anyone knows what I might be doing wrong and how I could make my submitted thumbnail not so small!

Thank you all in advance!

Wootenstien

Thanks for responding, here is an example:

empaadpd9

Attachments

• comparison.jpg
    comparison.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 259

quoting_mungo

Ah! Okay, so the really large thumbnail is that big because the submission file is an image. It's a bit of an exploit and I don't personally like it.
The square(r) ones are the size story thumbnails will be if you upload a thumbnail during the submission process. Unfortunately, for stories, the thumbnail size gets fixed at the time of upload, so if you set a thumbnail later, it'll default to the size and proportions of the tiny-ass default thumbnail that it was originally posted with. The only way to get a larger thumbnail at that point that I'm aware of is deleting the submission and resubmitting, uploading the thumbnail during the submission process.

Wootenstien

Oh I see! Ok when I get home I'll give it a try. Also it doesn't matter if upload with a png as opposed to a jpg right?

quoting_mungo

That shouldn't make a difference, no. Pretty sure that I've been uploading my story thumbnails as .png files.