• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Time out messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainoko

The Wild And Crazy Hybrid
In the past hour I have been getting numerous timeout screens while making submissions, accessing PMs, journals, etc. And yes, I have confirmed that this is not something on my end as I have been asked by and have asked my online contacts.

Does any admins know what is going on?

Can you tell uis what is going on?

Is there a DDOS attack in progress or what?

Xenke

Of course the first logical assumption is that it's a DDOS. :roll:

Probably some server fart or something.

Ainoko

Of course the first logical assumption is that it's a DDOS. :roll:

Probably some server fart or something.

I would not be posting here and asking if I didn't verify that the timeouts are on my end first

Xegras

Peerat
It's overloaded with fox spunk. D:

And otters

Trpdwarf

Lurking in Castle Moats
Actually I've been experiencing something similar myself. I've found that while going from one page to another suddenly I'm getting white screens. Don't know if it's a similar thing. Been doing that all day and some of yesterday. This is not normal on my end.

EDIT: If I see more users posting in reporting this as an issue I'll make sure to bring it up with some of the other admins later on when I'm back on if someone else does not get to it first.

Last edited:

Ainoko

Why would a server fart only be on your end? :/

I clean out my cache, cookies, browsing history, etc. and if the problem persists, I ping the site, do a traceroute, to see if there is a lag somewhere between my PC and the servers, and even talking to my online friends to verify that they are having problems accessing the site

Ainoko

Actually I've been experiencing something similar myself. I've found that while going from one page to another suddenly I'm getting white screens. Don't know if it's a similar thing. Been doing that all day and some of yesterday. This is not normal on my end.

EDIT: If I see more users posting in reporting this as an issue I'll make sure to bring it up with some of the other admins later on when I'm back on if someone else does not get to it first.

I think that it is the same problem

LeverPuller

I clean out my cache, cookies, browsing history, etc. and if the problem persists, I ping the site, do a traceroute, to see if there is a lag somewhere between my PC and the servers, and even talking to my online friends to verify that they are having problems accessing the site

What he is saying is-
Don't jump to conclusions. Just because the site is taking a shit (normal occurence) doesn't mean it's 'being attacked'. If the server is having problems, EVERYONE is having problems. So a server problem could explain what is going on, as well as why it's happening to multiple people.

Xenke

My point is that it's probably a problem on the server side of things, I'm not saying it has anything to do with your computer or connection.

Xegras

Peerat

Ainoko

Ainoko

My point is that it's probably a problem on the server side of things, I'm not saying it has anything to do with your computer or connection.

There are times that the timeout screens are caused by a full and overflowing cache on the user's end

Xegras

Peerat

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
Right now I cannot even long into FA- it is so slow and I get so far as to hit a white screen- it just stays there.

Xegras

Peerat
I'm just seeing it act slower then usual but no white screens.

Ainoko

Right now I cannot even long into FA- it is so slow and I get so far as to hit a white screen- it just stays there.

Yeah it is getting aggravating.

Alstor

And twice as shiny
This might be a cause from yak's loss of database memory from the last update. That, combined with the traffic to the site at these hours, can be the result of something. Why it's doing it now instead of later, though, is for all of us to ponder.

Also, if it's anyone's fault, it's the fish. They're always there, taunting us to go catch and eat them. Life as an busy otter is hard. :V

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
yeah, the site is crawling for me right now, too

Ainoko

This might be a cause from yak's loss of database memory from the last update. That, combined with the traffic to the site at these hours, can be the result of something. Why it's doing it now instead of later, though, is for all of us to ponder.

Also, if it's anyone's fault, it's the fish. They're always there, taunting us to go catch and eat them. Life as an busy otter is hard. :V

Up until an hour and a half ago, the site was loading very fast, now it is very boggy

CyberFoxx

Wait, what?
Meh, I'm not getting any timeouts. Long loadtimes, but no timeouts. Then again, I got my transparent Squid proxy setup to only timeout on real "dead" connections. As long as the connection is "alive", it'll keep waiting. (TCP keepalive and all that) Based on my hobbyist-level knowledge, I'm guessing one of the servers is "busy". Thing is, "busy" could mean that it's just counting 0s. If it was a connection problem, 30secs and Squid would've said there was an error with the connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.