• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Time out messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbowdragon

Hungry dragon
I can get it to load, but it takes like 5 minutes a page.
Yippee doo dah day, someone probably tripped over a cable again.

Good thing I actually have something to do. :3

Well out of all the attempts I made the internet service automatically times it out if it doesn't load within a set amount of time, I tried ten times and it didn't load at all every time.

Sanyi

Blood, Sex, and Chocolate
Well out of all the attempts I made the internet service automatically times it out if it doesn't load within a set amount of time, I tried ten times and it didn't load at all every time.
Don't try. It apparently burns a lot of resources to load an FA page right now. Download speeds go up to 1.5MBs from 100-150KBs when I stop loading a single page. >:[
/fail

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
I've never even heard of that account.

Most of the 'information' posted there seems pretty worthless anyway.

It's a troll/parody account, if that wasn't immediately obvious >_>

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
eh, whatever. I'm just saying what FA's twitter said. I have no opinion on the matter. No need to be a dick about it.

Are you responsible for where the admin post information on FA?

No?

Then I'm not getting at you, I'm getting at whoever is putting information in stupid places. Calm the shit down and have a mug of tea.

Witchiebunny

A bunny who is Witchie
Sorry, but this is fucking shit.

Oh no, FA is down! Which shall we do:

1 - Post a message on the appropriate forum outlining the issue
2 - Post comment on obscure Twitter account only a few people watch
3 - Die of Dysentry

You ARE well aware that @furaffinitypr is a fake account, right?

{quote]Calm the shit down and have a mug of tea. [/quote]

Follow your own advice please.

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
You ARE well aware that @furaffinitypr is a fake account, right?

Holy shit, really. And there was me thinking that FA ran on an entire room full of yellow cables.

I'm talking about the proper FA twitter. How many times has relevant information for various things been posted there, but not in places where your casual user might actually accidentally stumble upon it. It's like popping a zit into a bowl of custard. You have to do a lot of digging around to find the part you need to know about, but unless you know it's there, you'll never know.

Alstor

And twice as shiny

adnvr4.png

SAY DDOS AGAIN! SAY DDOS AGAIN! I DARE YOU! I DOUBLE DARE YOU MOTHER FUCKER! SAY DDOS ONE MORE GODDAMN TIME!

Xegras

Peerat
DDOS :D

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
Calm the shit down and have a mug of tea.

Follow your own advice please.

I am frothing my tea at this very minute at this stupidity. There's biscuit crumbs all over the room, and the cat is looking mortified.

Several times now, when there's been an issue, for some strange reason, the first port of call for FA to report it is Twitter. Not the site support forums, which is the sensible option. I can live with FA being down. It's no biggie. But posting relevant informationt o a place hardly anyone will look is daft and counter-productive. A thread in site issues wouldn't kill people coming to complain that FA is down, but it would reduce it a little.

Gavrill

ladies~
OH GOD SOMEONE IS LOOKING AT TWITTER, WE MUST STOP THIS MADNESS

In all honesty? FA's twitter updates faster than the forums. Stop being angry at nothing :1

Smelge

Hey, Assbutt
OH GOD SOMEONE IS LOOKING AT TWITTER, WE MUST STOP THIS MADNESS

In all honesty? FA's twitter updates faster than the forums. Stop being angry at nothing :1

I am trying to learn Flash. I must have somewhere to direct my anger.

Alstor

And twice as shiny
I am frothing my tea at this very minute at this stupidity. There's biscuit crumbs all over the room, and the cat is looking mortified.

Several times now, when there's been an issue, for some strange reason, the first port of call for FA to report it is Twitter. Not the site support forums, which is the sensible option. I can live with FA being down. It's no biggie. But posting relevant informationt o a place hardly anyone will look is daft and counter-productive. A thread in site issues wouldn't kill people coming to complain that FA is down, but it would reduce it a little.

Arshes had a good quote somewhere, but I can't find it. It goes like "I'm not going to watch an account that posts random videos and useless bits of information only for the real important to be thrown in subtly."

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
What is DDOS?

Accountability

Enthusiastic Downloader
What is DDOS?

Delicious Donuts on Sale.

You know what a great part about vBulletin is? The ability to auto-post RSS feeds. You can even set it to only post things that contain certain words, like "down" or "outage" or "problems" or even just some code that you'd stick on the end like #faf. At least there'd be some amount of cross-posting going on...

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
What is DDOS?

lol you guys stop confusing her

It's something like Direct Denial of Service or some shit. I just know the words "denial" and "service" are in there somewhere.

Alstor

And twice as shiny

It's something like Direct Denial of Service or some shit. I just know the words "denial" and "service" are in there somewhere.
"Distributed denial-of-service"

I just sent her a link and a definition.

L

LizardKing

I like that. You say to stop confusing her and then give another incorrect definition.

PhoenixDamascusDrake

Kangaroo/Dragon Hybrid
Completely down, 5-10 minutes of nothing and then a timed out message. It seems to work well for some people, okay for others, piss poorly for yet others and the rest......not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.