• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Tiny details in video games you like

Rap Daniel

Clever dino wizard boi
Banned
In Ace Combat 7, if you fly through the explosion from destroying an enemy ship or a missile hitting the water, water droplets appear on the cockpit

B

blue sky love

I like how they put Super Mario 64 themed paintings that you can see if you look in the castle window in Ocarina of Time.

B

blue sky love

I like how in the Ren and Stimpy game for Sega Genesis, if you press a certain button, Ren always slaps Stimpy and calls him an idiot.

N

Nyro46

In Stardew Valley, when you become good enough friends with characters, you can go in their rooms and usually there will be some things in their rooms that will give a little info on their personalities and even past.

Rap Daniel

Clever dino wizard boi
Banned
In Interstellar Pilot, pressing buttons on the screen makes futuristic beeps, and it makes me feel like I'm actually controlling a starship in real life.

Breyo

Professional Nibbler
In Resident Evil 4, catching Ashley when she jumps from a ladder while in her knight armor makes Leon hold his back in pain lol

LeFay

Professional meme inspector
In Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty if Raiden stares at the pigeons on the oil rig long enough they will poop on the camera.

Also if you dodge roll on stairs Snake and Raiden will just collapse as if falling down the stairs.

Leeze

Professional Procrastinator
In the Witcher 3 if you pay close attention during many of the cutscenes, you can see Gaunter ‘O Dim creepin on Geralt. I also really like in the Borderlands series if you leave your character to idle, they get pissed off at you and voice their displeasure.

Rap Daniel

Clever dino wizard boi
Banned
In No Man's Sky, whenever you move in the Galactic Map, a quiet "whoosh" sound plays. I didn't notice until I started using headphones. It really makes me appreciate the incredible sound design of No Man's Sky.

Guifrog

Spongefrog Bluepants
In Innovation Inc. Spaceship (Roblox) there's many interesting details like the Ludicrous Speed in Hyper Jump (a rare random occurrence), the subtle sound of your character's breath when they wear their astronaut suit to go outside the ship - btw zero gravity makes the control of your jetpack difficult to manage much in the way I'd imagine -, and when you crash land in a moon with barely any atmosphere your head slowly inflates and explodes with a 'pop' kinda sound. I could make a list just coz I'm biased right now

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
Wouldn't say it was a tiny detail. But the entire game Elite Dangerous is to scale.. Yes. You can visit and explore the ENTIRE galaxy.

D

Deleted member 132067

I really liked it in games like Dark Souls 2, where when your character suffers damages, he or she takes on a more exhausted stance and has more and more trouble standing up straight.

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
I really liked it in games like Dark Souls 2, where when your character suffers damages, he or she takes on a more exhausted stance and has more and more trouble standing up straight.
Ah how could I forget. Amount of details in all Dark Souls games is astonishing.
In DS1 you can catch parasite if you do not have helmet on and it eventually will grow instead of your head, giving you unique kicking animation... and takes half of your souls.
It is shit thing to have but quite a neat addition.

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
Gothic 1-2
While game often overshadowed by Morrowind it had it's share of memorabls mechanics. People were working during day, sleeping in night and hanging out in taverns in evening. Different social classes had other things to do and you as player could also interact with everything. Sit down to smoke shisha? Have a go. Relax in recliner on take q break on bench? Go for it. Wanna saw down few planks? Sure... just needs saw of course. Hell you can even go to brothel.

Amount of details in Gothic puts down even modern games to shame. In fact? You have so many things to do in very first city of Gothic 2 that many people do not even see reason to go any further as they find entertainment there.

Quite impressive for game which i constantly play since 2002

D

Deleted member 132067

Ah how could I forget. Amount of details in all Dark Souls games is astonishing.
In DS1 you can catch parasite if you do not have helmet on and it eventually will grow instead of your head, giving you unique kicking animation... and takes half of your souls.
It is shit thing to have but quite a neat addition.
Absolutely! Or everything that revolves around the old witch ring, doing nothing and blocking out a ring slot just for some extra (very sad) dialogue.

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
If only that. Entire lore, it's details and way of story telling. Hell even direction where and which enemies come from even tell the story. Killing a single bug which looks different than others around can either save your friend... and cause him to fall to madness.

There is a reason why this series is loved so much despite being so notorious.

Captain TrashPanda

A broke college racc
In Battlefield One when you’re riding on a horse with the Russian 1895 lever action rifle, occasionally the horse rider will spin the rifle around wild-wild-west style to eject the spent bullet casing instead of the normal lever action.

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
I just remembered one funny thing about Team Fortress. During the Meet the spy video. Spy cuts sniper on the cheek with a knife and after this trailer, Sniper's model was actually updated with a scar.
Or during Meet the scout video. After Scout pokes the camera, you can see grease finger print on the glass for the rest of the video if you look closely.

Captain TrashPanda

A broke college racc
Currently in Apex legends Winter Express mode, if you play as Mirage when he hears his voice he'll mutter, "does my voice really sound like that?" I find it funny they keep his hilarious voice acting running.

S

SLB-Portu24

On Football Manager 2020 you'll get game generated players who are as bald as Caillou at 15-16 years old and some who have the facial features of an unemployed alcoholic in his 40's that has slept more times while passed out on the floor than in bed.

Faustus

In the original Warcraft RTS, if you keep clicking the boat unit over and over without issuing orders, you can make the sailor seasick.

(there were loads of similar ones for other units too, but that’s the first one I remember finding)