• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Tips for dating?

Spazzlez

Simply One Hell of a Pokemon Master
Well you know what they say? Ask the awkward antisocial for love advice! Jokes aside, I was wondering if any of you lovely bastards got any tips.

(P.s. This is not the first place I've asked, just so you know.)

Notkastar

Notka- What?
Relax and Make the step to get to know them by say "Hey, How are you doing?" or something along those lines.
If their not interested then move on, If they are then congrats you just broke the ice.
After you break it ask about there interest to see if you two have something in command.
If you two do then pick things up from there and so on.

Yup that's pretty much it in a nutshell ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

~T.K~

Frisky paws alert!
Honesty. Let them know your intentions." I'm not interested.... I'm just looking for friendship...I need something more than friendship,...I'm looking for something long term, etc"

Notkastar

Notka- What?
Honesty. Let them know your intentions." I'm not interested.... I'm just looking for friendship...I need something more than friendship,...I'm looking for something long term, etc"

Oh yeah I forgot mention that,
Don't just open with that because that would freak them out but, you defiantly want them to know
exactly what your intentions are from the start. Whether going your for a one night stand or something deeper you defiantly want to get the point across by making a move or two when your talking to them.

Last edited:

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
Don't have any expectations, it will make rejection much easier to accept.
Don't stress about being rejected. Analyse the situation and try to do better next time.
As already stated being transparent is a good idea.
Respect your partner, he/she is a human just like you.
Do dangerous stuff, because even if you fail you will still feel great afterwards.

Last edited:

This is gonna sound super cliche but it works with me. Be honest and true with yourself and the person you wanna date. Don't be an asshole or a showoff. Be yourself and treat them with respect.

TidesofFate

Your friendly neighborhood Executioner
Greet them and have a friendly chat. After you get to know them for a while and you really like them, ask them out for lunch or coffee, it's more casual. You'll eventually want to "graduate" to dinner dates or going to the movies. If you go to the movies, hang out a bit before hand and have dinner afterwards. You can also eat before and hang out afterwards if that's okay with the both of you. Remember that they're not always going to say yes and even though advice helps, it's not going to be a guarantee that you will get a date. Everyone's different and that's the way it is. Relationships don't always work out so that's also something you should take into account.

L

Lasvicus

1. Don't.
2. Don't.
3. If all else fails, get a real doll.

N

Nicky The Husky

Just being yourself should always be more than enough. You will eventually meet a person who accepts everything about you. <3

inactive

And the odds of you actually meeting that 1?

Don't think that's what Nicky was saying. It's not about there being that one special someone out there in the world and you have to magically cross paths. It's about, keep trying and don't compromise your personality/ideals, and you'll find someone who likes you for you.

L

Lasvicus

Don't think that's what Nicky was saying. It's not about there being that one special someone out there in the world and you have to magically cross paths. It's about, keep trying and don't compromise your personality/ideals, and you'll find someone who likes you for you.
Except rationally, one must accept that one WONT find that a magical someone who like LIKES you for you.

inactive

Except rationally, one must accept that one WONT find that a magical someone who like LIKES you for you.

Is it really that magical? =/ I feel like I've met a lot of happy couples in my lifetime who don't have to pretend to be someone they're not in front of each other. I dunno, man.

L

Lasvicus

Is it really that magical? =/ I feel like I've met a lot of happy couples in my lifetime who don't have to pretend to be someone they're not in front of each other. I dunno, man.
well, what IS magical>?
its a turn of phrase.
and your point here isnt actually a point.

inactive

well, what IS magical>?
its a turn of phrase.
and your point here isnt actually a point.

I'm not sure what you mean; my point was that, from what I've seen, the odds of finding someone compatible just aren't that low.

You may have different experiences which would lead you to a different conclusion. I don't have statistics or anything, and it doesn't exactly seem like something that can be measured. Don't think we're gonna come to an agreement here, but that's okay =P

L

Lasvicus

I'm not sure what you mean; my point was that, from what I've seen, the odds of finding someone compatible just aren't that low.

You may have different experiences which would lead you to a different conclusion. I don't have statistics or anything, and it doesn't exactly seem like something that can be measured. Don't think we're gonna come to an agreement here, but that's okay =P

How do i articulate this?
Saying you've known people who had happy relationships doesn't set the standard for all people, who honestly might NOT find such a relationship.
And the "from what I've seen" standpoint is subjective, which is the opposite of objective.
At the end of the day, it IS entirely possible that someone (or even multiple people out there) WONT find their "prince charming."
And whether or not someone pretends to be something they're not, or tries to change them self for the sake of having a happy relationship is 1. after the fact, generally speaking and 2. beside the point.
And to address that bit about my own experiences, those are also beside the point. Back to the bit about objectivity, I'm the only one between the 2 of us who hasn't brought my own experiences into this conversation, which would do very little for the purposes of this conversation..

inactive

Maybe I misunderstood your initial statement. Do I think it's possible that there's at least one person out there who just won't have any luck? Yes, I agree with you there.

Going back to an earlier post:

I took this as, "it must be accepted that *everyone* will be unable to find someone who actually likes them for who they are."

I understand the difference between subjectivity and objectivity, thanks. =P I don't think there's much on this topic that can be analyzed objectively; I think it really is a matter of opinion.

L

Lasvicus

Maybe I misunderstood your initial statement. Do I think it's possible that there's at least one person out there who just won't have any luck? Yes, I agree with you there.

Going back to an earlier post:

I took this as, "it must be accepted that *everyone* will be unable to find someone who actually likes them for who they are."

I understand the difference between subjectivity and objectivity, thanks. =P I don't think there's much on this topic that can be analyzed objectively; I think it really is a matter of opinion.
except thats your opinion... which is subjective xD
there are few things in life that cant be analyzed objectively xD