• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Tips for dating?

inactive

x3

Oh yeah, this thread was once about something, wasn't it? Let's see...

If you have your own place, and if you don't do the best job of keeping it tidy (guilty as charged), that's something to work on if you're gonna hit the dating scene, methinks. But maybe I'm cutting to the chase a bit too quickly there. xD

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
I'm pretty sure most people get in a relationship because of pear pressure and fear of dying alone, but not from genuine liking of another person.

Gharn

I'm pretty sure most people get in a relationship because of pear pressure and fear of dying alone, but not from genuine liking of another person.
Yes have met some like this. Or they become simply comfortable, but not happy, and are in a relationship which may not be fulfilling. but they're too worried about the stress of leaving it to find one that they will find more happiness in. Obviously this is post dating advice but I fell in to a relationship like this a long time ago and it does not get better!

S

Saylor

I tend to worry less about dating now at the point of life that I'm at. Yes, I wish I had somebody. But, I'm not upset about it either because I have my own life that I'm figuring out before I decide to figure someone else's life out. And I think that I'm finally starting to get a grip on things

TidesofFate

Your friendly neighborhood Executioner
Give an offer they cannot refuse. Such as a free tour through my personal Star Destroyer. If he/she does something to piss me off and I force choke them to death, it's not my fault.

Dazreiello

Incomprehensible horror. DRAGON
I tend to worry less about dating now at the point of life that I'm at. Yes, I wish I had somebody. But, I'm not upset about it either because I have my own life that I'm figuring out before I decide to figure someone else's life out. And I think that I'm finally starting to get a grip on things
Lol yea that's a great and also overall considate mind set. Healthy, I was exactly the same too until recently but I blew it anyway hehe strangest thing is I have no clue why this person ended up being such an exception out of nowhere. Like my brain just wanted to screw me over.

Moral of the story, stay on track, your brain might set you up for disaster at any moment.

SodaBubbles

I will deliver the explosion
Nope.
It's idealistic, but not exactly realistic, I'm afraid x;

Yes it is. I'm in a poly relationship with two people who accept EVERYTHING about me.

Considering I have bpd, I get angry easily because of it, over stupid things, I yell a lot, I have problems with sex at times (right now I'm almost entirely asexual), I have anxiety and panic attacks which sometimes means abruptly leaving somewhere you -really- wanted to be, I'm prone to injury, I have ocpd which means I'm a micro-manager (meaning I can be controlling), I have a background of abuse from my family, and sometimes I can be a huge pain to be around.

But both of them love me and accept me. I've been with one of them for almost 13 years, the other for 4. So yes it IS possible, and it's NOT just idealistic.

THAT SAID.

Remember that if you don't succeed with dating, be kind, unless they're a dick then return the favor. Be careful- be accomodating but don't let them walk all over you. Know that both of you have value as people. Treat them the way you want to be treated, be selfless but be careful not to be self-sacrificing. Be aware of when someone might be treating you poorly and don't let your emotions toward them blind you to how they treat you. If you bring up more negative than positive about the person and only tell people bad things... you want to evaluate. Not just them but you as well. (I tend to be particularly negative when I'm feeling bad, which isn't always a reflection on the person). ALSO. Don't put someone on a pedestal and treat them like a saint. No one is.

AND ABOVE ALL 3 things: 1) Don't wait till you have it really bad to tell someone you like them. It'll hurt more if they aren't interested. As soon as you think "Okay I think I might like them" SAY SO. 2) if you are close with someone, don't pull the "nice guy/girl" bullshit and consider friendship a "consolation prize" and get mad if you don't get a relationship. You're not entitled to one, if you get one, consider yourself blessed. 3) At least try to give a shit about yourself. If you think a relationship with fix all your flaws and make you like or even love yourself, you're gonna have a bad time.

And well, have fun. Don't take it too seriously. Be aware you will probably get more fails than successes and that's okay. Make sure you're also happy being single and alone, and aren't just trying to plug a gap.

Last edited:
I still need to get a date but if you're not yourself then the person isn't really dating you accepting each other is important and don't lie because you can get caught in them

Kiari Candy

For me personally, I get really shy in relationships, so I communicate with various squeaks and forms of physical contact. Stuff like grabbing on the sleeve, face to chest hugs, and gentle shoves. Honestly, just go what your partner understands and what you feel comfortable with.