• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Tips/Help Finding My Fursona?

Velvet

I have read so many different ideas about how to discover your fursona and never feel the need to change it. Recently, I have been pondering on species that relate to me both personality-wise and appearance wise. I've been thinking about being a hybrid of certain species that I have found myself connected to, or perhaps being a kitsune because they have the ability to shape-shift (and with the ability to shape-shift, I would never have to ultimately decide what species I am.)

I am asking FAF to provide tips on finding my fursona, or perhaps list the story of how you discovered yours.

If you might have an opinion on species and what people/personalities they go with, you might ask me questions that would help you figure it out.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
getting other people to chose for you is like giving a guy a blank check and tell him to buy a car. More often than not you wont be happy with the results

Velvet

getting other people to chose for you is like giving a guy a blank check and tell him to buy a car. More often than not you wont be happy with the results
I don't recall ever telling anybody to choose my fursona for me. : /
I'm asking for an opinion on species-personality correlation.

Schwimmwagen

You don't discover a sona, silly. You just think up one in your head, and go with it. If you don't like the one you thought up, think of another. There's no reason why you can't have more than one, either. You make it sound as if it's a spiritual thing.

I don't recall ever telling anybody to choose my fursona for me. : /
I'm asking for an opinion on species-personality correlation.

Same thing.

Velvet

You don't discover a sona, silly. You just think up one in your head, and go with it. If you don't like the one you thought up, think of another. There's no reason why you can't have more than one, either. You make it sound as if it's a spiritual thing.

Same thing.
Really? I thought it was more in-depth than that, and that you could only have one~ But whatever.

And no, it's not. Or at least I don't see how. But please, don't elaborate, for I do not care. XD

Xegras

Peerat
Just go with fox or wolf, we all know you are going to because you obviously match them both so well.

Velvet

Just go with fox or wolf, we all know you are going to because you obviously match them both so well.
I'm pretty sure this is just a reference to how most people in the furry community are foxes or wolves, but I really don't relate to either of them.

But, if it's not a reference to that, I'd like to know how someone could match both a fox and a wolf when they are so different..?

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
There are plenty of nice 'sona species. Like deer and birds, dogs too

Grae Sparrowkin

Pale Red Coyote (Call me Yote)
Just pick an animal. There is really nothing in-depth about it. Heck, I went from an antlered fox to a cougar to a skunk... all in the past couple months.

Don't be scared to change your sona at any time because it is YOUR character.

IMO I love the Kitsune idea because of the shape-shifting. Maybe if you added uniform characteristics (IE color, markings, eyes, etc.) over all the different forms your sona takes you could have a pretty unique character. It also might allow you to find out what species you would rather stick with, but of course this takes time.

Much luck to you!

voodoo

Shape shifters are actually pretty generic :/
Think of all the animals you like, look up some new ones, read their traits, pick your favorites

General-jwj

Prime Minister of Belgium
You don't choose the 'sona, 'sona chooses you. :V

No but there are so many criteria someone can have for choosing a fursona it's basically ridiculous.

Some choose a species because it "matches their personality", some because they think it looks cool or cute or whatever, some because they want to fit in with the majority, etc ...

Just go with whatever and don't let writer's block get to you ...

Lunar

Son of a WHORE!
DO A FOX, 'CUZ FOXIEZ ARE TEH BESTZ. :v

Last edited:

Dreaming

I am asking FAF to provide tips on finding my fursona, or perhaps list the story of how you discovered yours.
Try not to ask other people to find it for you. :v

It took me atleast a year or so to settle on my original fursona. It just comes to you after time. The longer you spend thinking about it, the better they get, and they more personal. ;)

Deo

The hatred of FAF personified
I hada great revelation upon your inner most personality.
Therefore, I know what you are.
You are a Goblin Shark.

tumblr_lqg72wwVDW1qc6j5y

Westarrr

How I found my 'sona was on school one day..
I was thinking of forgiveness and whatnot.. I suddenly thought of Phoenixes with their Phoenix feathers and mysterious tears..
Rainbows for awesomeness too..

Try linking things you like to do.. Behavior... Fetishes (If any..).. or whatnot.. to get your 'sona.
Be creative.. anything is possible.. (well almost everything)

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
Oh geez, another one of these.
Just think of one without relying on others' opinions. Your fursona is your creativity.

shteev

Lol how do I delete this account
Think of an animal you like. Think of yourself as an Anthropomorphic creature. Let your imagination do all the work.
Bam. There you go.

Grae Sparrowkin

Pale Red Coyote (Call me Yote)
You have an imagination, don't you? To be a furry you have to have one of those.... please tell me you found a 'sona by now.