• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

To Conform or not to Conform? --- Furry Species Stereotypes

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Okay, even though I giggled inanely while reading this I noticed a trend, a negative trend.
Even though most of those stereo types are true and i know you are being sarcastic, at least to a degree,but is there any good stereo types or is just natural or normal for all stereo types ever to have negative traits?

There are no good stereotypes.

Metalmeerkat

As slick as a bad analogy
My 3 second line of reasoning (paraphrased from an IRC chat)
"Hey, y'know what's cool? Foxes. "
"uh metal, y'know they're sluts?"
"..."

Screw conformity, my hipster self just like foxes. :p

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
I'm just glad Panthers don't have stereotypes.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
Is there a stereotype for pokesonas?

Hi, I'm SIX! :3

Anyway, Vulpixes are whores, Umbreons are the annoying "crawling in my skin" shits, Zangeese are into fat fetishes, "third/final" evolution characters are into vore or sizeplay, and Canines (Arcanines, Mightyenas, Manectric...) are highly dominant. That's the the tl;dr of our society.

Most Pokesonas are Eevees or Eeveelutions. All Eeveelutions are infatuated with sex, but aren't particularly whores.

Lucarios and Gardevoirs are furries with pokephilia.

Pikachus are generally fetish players.

And, lastly, there is genuinely no precedent for non-mainstream pokes.

themoreyouknow.mov!

ED: Nobody touches the Legendaries. They're just... unpossessable. We have what might be called a respect for their "power" that means they simply just don't get used as characters.

Last edited:

Tybis

Me beautiful barnet!
Everything has stereotypes.
I'm guessing the males must be "I'm so badass, whut with my black an shit"?
Females seem like they'd be females.

Meh, I like the angsty-goth-twigboy thing Zeke said. Makes me feel beddarrr abot myself.

Last edited:

Tybis

Me beautiful barnet!
Ugh, now I'm thinking of R34 Pokemon.
I didn't want to think about that.

Tiger In A Tie

Say what now?
That's right.

All 648.

Also special event STDs if we can link up in certain places at certain times of the year. :V

We can trade STDs in the Dream World! :3c

And back on topic- I leave the stereotypes to high school freshman/sophomores. If I wanna be a tiger then I'm a tiger, I don't care about any reputation they carry.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Every species has developed their own kind of stereotype due to people in the fandom creating them. It's an inconvenient truth. The only thing that one can do is to not conform and adhere to those stereotypes. Not all foxes that are skanky STD dick warmers the same way that not all dragons are sociopaths.

Some people choose the animal because they liked a character in a book, game or movie...like Slagar the Cruel or Balto.

Fuck You.

oh bby. :V

Brazen

Terrorist Scum
My murrsona is still best murrsona, never throughout collective human history have pigs ever been used as allegories for negative traits or otherwise had their image tarnished.

Bipolar Bear

Phallus Fellater
But still, it's always nice to have an inside-joke with your stereotype. I don't particularly like OUR stereotype, but it's good to use it in a joke every now and then. Of course, I don't find myself to be a slut, or whore, or cock-guzzling thundercunt. I see myself in my Fursona, and that's being a neutral, laid-back, easy-going, quiet and Golden-hearted 17-year-old kid with a burning desire to create beauty, in a sometimes ugly world.

Schwimmwagen

We can trade STDs in the Dream World! :3c

But still, it's always nice to have an inside-joke with your stereotype. I don't particularly like OUR stereotype, but it's good to use it in a joke every now and then.

Yeah, stereotypes are always good fun. The best jokes ever come through stereotypes, I say. Though anybody who takes stereotypes seriously and assumes that X person falls into that stereotype straight off the bat needs a slap, the same applies outside of the fandumb of course.

M. LeRenard

Is not French
Everyone who knows me is well aware that I wear all 400 of my sexual fetishes on my sleeve, push them on other people as a lifestyle, and constantly show up at cons just to see how many other men I can score with in a 24 hour period.

No... believe it or not, I picked the red fox way back in the day because I actually thought (based on popular culture, cartoons and things, which generally don't feature them) that it was an original choice. Yeah. So much for that moronic idea. But I guess I was too lazy to ever change it.

Brazen

Terrorist Scum
No... believe it or not, I picked the red fox way back in the day because I actually thought (based on popular culture, cartoons and things, which generally don't feature them) that it was an original choice. Yeah. So much for that moronic idea. But I guess I was too lazy to ever change it.

How did you go from "this animal receives so much coverage in popular culture" to "nobody will ever think to use it"?

M. LeRenard

Is not French
It might help you to understand if you actually read what I wrote, Brazen.

M. Le Renard said:
(based on popular culture, cartoons and things, which generally don't feature them)

There ain't no beloved fox cartoon character that's embedded itself deeply into American culture. We've got a rabbit, some mice, some ducks, and a few other things, but you don't see too many t-shirts or decals or bumper stickers featuring, say, Tod from the Fox and the Hound, or good ol' Robin Hood. Fox characters generally have a small dedicated following; they aren't ever iconic. So naturally I assumed it would be an original choice. Apparently everyone else in the fandom had the same idea.