• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

To Line or Not to Line (a fursuit head)

Ampelos

a wee queer deer
So I've been doing a LOT of research for making my first proper fursuit and one of the biggest debacles I've been having is whether to line the inside of the head or not. It's seems that it's fairly common for people to line it with lycra, but on the other hand I've also heard that you don't necessarily need to because of the baklava and lining it simply makes the head hotter. I'm looking to hear your own opinions on the matter and what you personally prefer (both making yourself and/or wearing/purchasing). Thank you so much for your feedback!!

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
I prefer no lining. That balaclava is hot enough, let alone a lining. Also, put cooling vents where you can and cut small holes in the fur over them, from the backing side. And don't forget to put a fan in there, too. Fursuits are hot enough without a cooling vest, don't make it any hotter.

Ampelos

a wee queer deer
I prefer no lining. That balaclava is hot enough, let alone a lining. Also, put cooling vents where you can and cut small holes in the fur over them, from the backing side. And don't forget to put a fan in there, too. Fursuits are hot enough without a cooling vest, don't make it any hotter.
Thank you!!!! That’s super great information!!!

NitroFastFur

I've been debating this too, and was struggling to see why a lining would be necessary other than for cosmetic reasons.