• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Too old to enter the fandom?

I remember I'm first joining FurAffinity was in 2018-2019, oh yeah when I getting a new computer that's used only until early 2020 when I'm getting my cousin's new Windows 10 computer.

And I made too much more FA accounts which used to posts arts and as well as stole arts from other peoples from DeviantArt and as well as Twitter I think also since 2018 LOL

Now I think I have to stop creating new FA account which used to post arts. I'll still active on this forums then.

And well, I live in Kuala Lumpur of Malaysia.

You're a year older than my dad. XD
But, that's fine. As I said earlier, I like people of all ages here. Makes the place cooler! :3

Also, I admit that I'm born in November 16, 2006 in Muar, Johor of Malaysia and now I'm live in Kuala Lumpur, and I'm 14 year old.

Yep, I stay at home mostly and don't go to school because of that ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic...

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
I joined when I was in my mid-30s. I'm in my mid-40s now and I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon.

Never too old to pursue a new interest!

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
Dear Y'all,
I'm sure this topic exists somewhere deep in this forum, but I couldn't find it so here we are: How old does someone need to be before they are too old to join the fandom? I know there are people of all ages here, but we all know that the average furry is in their early twenties. Many of the greymuzzles/older furry folk have been in the community for a long time. I'm not asking about them as much as I am newcomers to the fandom. Does it feel normal/acceptable for someone who's 30 to join as a new member? Obviously the fandom is welcoming to anyone, but I want some honest answers. Does it feel weird if someone who's 30+ to become a furry? What range of age do find most appropriate? Any thoughts are appreciated.
-Scuzball
I was in my thirties when I actually began to associate with the fandom. I'm a greymuzzle now.

It's no biggie.

My biggest thing about being a greymuzzle is that I just can't relate to a lot of the younger members, when it comes to music and pop culture stuff. I don't go to meetups because I feel like I'd be a chaperone more than a participant.

rknight

Dear Y'all,
I'm sure this topic exists somewhere deep in this forum, but I couldn't find it so here we are: How old does someone need to be before they are too old to join the fandom? I know there are people of all ages here, but we all know that the average furry is in their early twenties. Many of the greymuzzles/older furry folk have been in the community for a long time. I'm not asking about them as much as I am newcomers to the fandom. Does it feel normal/acceptable for someone who's 30 to join as a new member? Obviously the fandom is welcoming to anyone, but I want some honest answers. Does it feel weird if someone who's 30+ to become a furry? What range of age do find most appropriate? Any thoughts are appreciated.
-Scuzball

you are never too old to join this fandom.
welcome to the club!

Akitobang

No one is too old to appreciate art! Furry art ins't something that just popped out recently, it is appreciated and reproduced since decades ago, so I dont think there's something like ''age limits'' for liking this kind of media ;)

Filter

ɹǝʇlᴉℲ
As others have said, there's no age limit. I think the average age is early 20s because that demographic tends to have the most fee time. Younger than that, they're still in school. Older than that, there are mortgages, spouses, kids, careers, etc.

Also, if you're into fursuiting, nobody will be able to tell your age when you're in a fursuit. If you're an artist, age is also a non-issue, and artists tend to skew a little older anyway.

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
Never too old to enjoy something new~
I officially associated with the fandom when I was 29. I am 32 now sooo go figure! :3

Old_Hoss

Dear Y'all,
-Scuzball
'Olde' you say?!
:)
So long as ancient art/statuary depicting anthro forms exist? (I know I ain't THAT damned Olde!).
There's a place for all ages.