• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Top 5 Feminist Fails

You're a feminist?

• Yes? -Drop dead...

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • No. -Carry on...

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
C

Chris-py

I never said I was a feminist? I believe in pie for everyone.

L

Lasvicus

@tranceguy
Believing that African Americans are equal and should be treated as such doesn't make me a supporter of Black Lives Matter.
Believing women are equal and should be treated as such doesn't make me a supporter of feminism.
So please, for the love of God. Shut the FUCK up.

inactive

Seems like semantics to me. What matters is what you believe, not what you want to call it. (And I have no problem with your beliefs, personally, if you believe that people of different sexes/genders should have equal rights.)

Sorry you're upset. Maybe you shouldn't make a thread with a poll telling people who don't agree with your perspective to "drop dead" if you can't handle a negative response from anyone.

L

Lasvicus

Except you took it upon yourself to make a post, dictating to me that I AM a feminist. I GENUINELY consider this an insult, and it runs counter to the statement you're making now in saying that what you call it doesn't matter. You yourself tried to pin a uniquely offensive label on me, so please, pick a direction and stick with it or shut your trap. And yes, please, feminists everywhere. Drop dead.

She's hot.

Pulitzer Prize.

Men, need to listen:

Never really heard of sexton, I think the no trend song "never again" has a opening sound bit from her work. Terry tempist Williams would be another good poet to add to these reflective prices.

@Lasvicus I know you have all the answers but I can't imagine you have know a feminist outside of YouTube or 4chan.

Except you took it upon yourself to make a post, dictating to me that I AM a feminist. I GENUINELY consider this an insult, and it runs counter to the statement you're making now in saying that what you call it doesn't matter. You yourself tried to pin a uniquely offensive label on me, so please, pick a direction and stick with it or shut your trap. And yes, please, feminists everywhere. Drop dead.

You are one angry controlling guy. It can't possibly be healthy to hate this hard on a broad concept/movement like feminism.

L

Lasvicus

Never really heard of sexton, I think the no trend song "never again" has a opening sound bit from her work. Terry tempist Williams would be another good poet to add to these reflective prices.

@Lasvicus I know you have all the answers but I can't imagine you have know a feminist outside of YouTube or 4chan.
I've had the displeasure of knowing 3.

L

Lasvicus

You are one angry controlling guy. It can't possibly be healthy to hate this hard on a broad concept/movement like feminism.
One could argue that it can't be healthy to SUPPORT such a movement. Even if not in regard to one's OWN health. And I DO argue that.

LindyHop

Bring me my brown pants!

Woah, that's rather hostile there my friend, someone woke up on the wrong side of the keyboard huh? Also I thought that movements can't be good or bad, something that neither good nor bad is, by process of elimination neutral, so therefore if the Feminism movement is neutral that one can assume that the term feminist is neutral as well and can't be offensive?

L

Lasvicus

Woah, that's rather hostile there my friend, someone woke up on the wrong side of the keyboard huh? Also I thought that movements can't be good or bad, something that neither good nor bad is, by process of elimination neutral, so therefore if the Feminism movement is neutral that one can assume that the term feminist is neutral as well and can't be offensive?
A movement is defined by the people who make UP that movement at any given point in time. The movement is the people, and the people are the movement. Which I have stated now 2 or 3 times. A cart used for carrying apples is not inherently good OR bad. But shoot someone for calling it a cart of bad apples, when lo and behold, it's a cart of bad apples! Feminism, thankfully, does not make up the whole of the Woman's Rights movement. It is not the be all end all of the already WELL established Equal Rights movement, and when people see fit to try and insult me by trying to label me as a feminist, then turn around and bitch and moan about labels in general, and that same person CLINGS to the feminist label... I see a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
One could argue that it can't be healthy to SUPPORT such a movement. And I DO argue that.

Ehh, idk one bad encounter + poor representation+ abstract reinsurance = flimsy grasp. Maybe talk to other feminists. I can't imagine you have the wisdom to know in full the broad range of feminism or what it has accomplished to make the world better. By your own definition of equality you. Are. A. Feminist. Do feminist slingshot women sometimes? Yes because 2000 years of patriarchal constructs don't come down by being nice and consistently catering to men's insecurity. Hate who you must to make scence of the world.

L

Lasvicus

Ehh, idk one bad encounter + poor representation+ abstract reinsurance = flimsy grasp. Maybe talk to other feminists. I can't imagine you have the wisdom to know in full the broad range of feminism or what it has accomplished to make the world better. By your own definition of equality you. Are. A. Feminist. Do feminist slingshot women sometimes? Yes because 2000 years of patriarchal constructs don't come down by being nice and consistently catering to men's insecurity. Hate who you must to make scence of the world.
No, I am an individual who advocates for the equal rights of ALL people, including women. Not a feminist.
And I'm sure that if you asked each person who voted "No" here that they would say the same. ^^^

L

Lasvicus

And you assume that just because you happen to know SOME people who erroneously identify as feminists and ARENT feminazi female supremacists that YOU somehow have a full grasp of the movement in it's entirety?

LindyHop

Bring me my brown pants!
A movement is defined by the people who make UP that movement at any given point in time. The movement is the people, and the people are the movement. Which I have stated now 2 or 3 times. A cart used for carrying apples is not inherently good OR bad. But saying that that cart is good because at some point in the past it mostly carried GOOD apples is idiotic if that cart has since been used almost exclusively for the purpose of carrying BAD apples.

Excuse my math because I'm terrible at it but this is what I'm getting from your explanation, A movement in neither good nor bad so lets give it a value of 0, now a movement is = to the people and vice versa. However, in this situation the people have a negative value so lets just mark that as the people equaling -3 because I just like the number 3. What your say that since the movement and the people are equal that 0=-3 and that just doesn't compute, somewhere in this equation I'm missing some info, I can't solve for X.

Now I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point, you're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine since as far as I can assume no one is being harmed here any more than usual.

What I'm more interested in is how the term feminist apparently became equal to being call a pedophilic animal murderer in your mind? I would see it being more like being called lazy, you just kind of brush it off because you know whether its true or not.

L

Lasvicus

Excuse my math because I'm terrible at it but this is what I'm getting from your explanation, A movement in neither good nor bad so lets give it a value of 0, now a movement is = to the people and vice versa. However, in this situation the people have a negative value so lets just mark that as the people equaling -3 because I just like the number 3. What your say that since the movement and the people are equal that 0=-3 and that just doesn't compute, somewhere in this equation I'm missing some info, I can't solve for X.

Now I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point, you're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine since as far as I can assume no one is being harmed here any more than usual.

What I'm more interested in is how the term feminist apparently became equal to being call a pedophilic animal murderer in your mind? I would see it being more like being called lazy, you just kind of brush it off because you know whether its true or not.
Well unfortunately, not everything CAN be broken down mathematically. But let's say that this thing CAN. I'm saying that the numerical values change, in the same way that the people in the movement change. There was a point where the main concern of the feminist movement was just getting fair pay and so on. Today, in contrast, an unfortunate number of feminists are more concerned with whether or not a man can defend himself against a woman, and whether or not due process should be thrown out the window in favor of the woman making unsubstantiated claims of sexual assault against a man. The direction of the movement changed as the people WITHIN the movement changed. I reject the feminist movement as it is because of these things. Why should ANYONE have to automatically be associated and labeled as such, if ONLY for advocating equal rights for women? There were other points, and I don't want this to be a MILE long, so if you're actually interested, you can find them in previous posts.

LindyHop

Bring me my brown pants!
Okay, I get what you're saying and I agree with your concept, everyone should have equal rights. But that easier said than done apparently. I feel like we as a people can't multitask when it comes to fixing problems, some things fall to the wayside. Its a lot like my mom handling all of our needs, I'm one of 8 children to a single mother. Now I hated bugging my mother with the same thing over and over but I found when I didn't everyone else got what they needed and I was left to try to figure it out on my own. Now of course we could all collectively come together and look out for one another but that not how it worked, everyone was out for themselves and if they were persistent enough then they got their way.

I feel it's the same with individual groups rights, black men get paid more than black women but less than both white men and women, them saying "I want women to be paid as much as men" does nothing to directly better their lives so its not going to set off that instant gratification we're all seeking. Women saying we want men to stop taking away our reproductive rights does nothing to end police brutality against blacks so its unlikely that these two groups are going to devote the time and energy to try to change things for both causes when they each have their own problems. Now a lot of people cross between both, I'm one of them, but a lot of people don't, and not everyone has the capacity to fully empathize all the time with problems that don't directly affect them which is why we have groups advocating for individual group rights because that's what's most relevant to them. Is it right? Not entirely, but we cant change everything all at once and if enough people get together behind one cause things do start to give little by little.

L

Lasvicus

Okay, I get what you're saying and I agree with your concept, everyone should have equal rights. But that easier said than done apparently. I feel like we as a people can't multitask when it comes to fixing problems, some things fall to the wayside. Its a lot like my mom handling all of our needs, I'm one of 8 children to a single mother. Now I hated bugging my mother with the same thing over and over but I found when I didn't everyone else got what they needed and I was left to try to figure it out on my own. Now of course we could all collectively come together and look out for one another but that not how it worked, everyone was out for themselves and if they were persistent enough then they got their way.

I feel it's the same with individual groups rights, black men get paid more than black women but less than both white men and women, them saying "I want women to be paid as much as men" does nothing to directly better their lives so its not going to set off that instant gratification we're all seeking. Women saying we want men to stop taking away our reproductive rights does nothing to end police brutality against blacks so its unlikely that these two groups are going to devote the time and energy to try to change things for both causes when they each have their own problems. Now a lot of people cross between both, I'm one of them, but a lot of people don't, and not everyone has the capacity to fully empathize all the time with problems that don't directly affect them which is why we have groups advocating for individual group rights because that's what's most relevant to them. Is it right? Not entirely, but we cant change everything all at once and if enough people get together behind one cause things do start to give little by little.
And then you get those people in a movement whose only apparent interest is gaining legal supremacy (or dominance, take your pick or insert your own) and seek to have laws passed and enforced which would would accomplish their goal. Allowing women to accuse a man of rape with nothing to back up her claim, and having the man arrested anyway because of how many tears she shed in court. I know I keep getting back to that one, but that one IS an unfortunately prominent issue in the feminist movement, and there are men who have been arrested or at the very LEAST had their lives ruined by lying women. A wonderful example would be that movement wherein women went around carrying a mattress. The story behind that is truly appalling. More than that though, women were fighting for their rights before anyone ever even dreamed of the term "feminist" and feminism isn't the be-all end-all of the Women's Rights movement. Though I will concede to it being the most commonly (having trouble finding the right word... something like, publicized, televised, etc.) "chapter" we'll say OF the Women's Rights movement, and maybe even being the largest in general. I myself believe that all citizens of my country are legally entitled to the same rights as any other given citizen thereof. This includes African Americans, but I genuinely detest the Black Lives Matter crap. That in itself isn't entirely related to this thread, but I'm sure you can understand WHY.

Samandriel Morningstar

The Morningstar
Sorry,I just thought I'd share something a bit silly.
I saw a video on Youtube of a 'feminist' walking through a dark snow [for the most part] covered parking lot outside of some big stores/strip mall yelling how the sticks painting orange on the curbs and junk were signs of male dominance,oppression and whatever else.
She just kept screaming about it,even pulled one out of the ground and stomped on it.

Victor-933

Professional Retard
phrl12s.gif

better late than never i guess

LindyHop

Bring me my brown pants!
And then you get those people in a movement whose only apparent interest is gaining legal supremacy (or dominance, take your pick or insert your own) and seek to have laws passed and enforced which would would accomplish their goal. Allowing women to accuse a man of rape with nothing to back up her claim, and having the man arrested anyway because of how many tears she shed in court. I know I keep getting back to that one, but that one IS an unfortunately prominent issue in the feminist movement, and there are men who have been arrested or at the very LEAST had their lives ruined by lying women. A wonderful example would be that movement wherein women went around carrying a mattress. The story behind that is truly appalling. More than that though, women were fighting for their rights before anyone ever even dreamed of the term "feminist" and feminism isn't the be-all end-all of the Women's Rights movement. Though I will concede to it being the most commonly (having trouble finding the right word... something like, publicized, televised, etc.) "chapter" we'll say OF the Women's Rights movement, and maybe even being the largest in general. I myself believe that all citizens of my country are legally entitled to the same rights as any other given citizen thereof. This includes the Black Rights movement, but I genuinely detest the Black Lives Matter crap. That in itself isn't entirely related to this thread, but I'm sure you can understand WHY.

Don't worry, that's never going to happen, especially when we're still concerned about what a woman was wearing when she legitimately and unquestionably assaulted. Of course men kinda put themselves in this predicament in the first place, the most prominent issue in the feminist movement is not persecuting men who rape, its that the rapes are occurring in the first place. If so many rapes didn't occur then when a woman said she was raped it'd be like saying there was a flying whale outside. People have been fighting for their rights for all of known history, just because it didn't have a name doesn't mean it didn't exist. And not everyone is legally entitled to the same rights, everyone should be but not everyone is.

LindyHop

Bring me my brown pants!
Sorry,I just thought I'd share something a bit silly.
I saw a video on Youtube of a 'feminist' walking through a dark snow [for the most part] covered parking lot outside of some big stores/strip mall yelling how the sticks painting orange on the curbs and junk were signs of male dominance,oppression and whatever else.
She just kept screaming about it,even pulled one out of the ground and stomped on it.

I do call myself a feminist and this makes no sense to me, like wtf? That woman has issues.