• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Top 5 Feminist Fails

You're a feminist?

• Yes? -Drop dead...

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • No. -Carry on...

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
P

ProxFox

Radical ________ is generally counterproductive to progress.

That's what I'm saying. The OP has pretty much guaranteed that I will never value their opinion. I'm radically against radicalism I guess you could say.

L

Lasvicus

First of all, I'm not radical anything. And for you to suggest that I am, then turn around and say that you're a radical against radicals such as myself is... Well it's fucking retarded. Proclaim to hate radicals, admits to BEING radical, doesn't value the opinions of radicals. Congratulations.
Furthermore, what visual aids I used in this post were so UNBELIEVABLY far from the most extreme examples that I could have provided. So please, understand that just because you don't like something, it doesn't make it extreme. I'm anti feminist because it's filled with an unfortunate number of people who perpetuate ideas such as rape culture, but ignore the travesties against women in ACTUAL rape cultures. And when an anti feminist such as myself begins fundraising for such women, it pisses those feminists off. Because it diverted attention and funds away from their "sexist video game" campaign wherein they would seek to shrink the boobs and asses of all digital female characters. THAT sounds pretty radical, and it's only 1 example. I could go on, but you have an entire thread explaining these things. Feel free to actually have a look.

L

Lasvicus

And please, if you don't want to have to read a political thread, DONT READ A POLITICAL THREAD. The wonderful thing about the internet is that you can click the FUCK away if you see something you don't like. And you can go find something you DO like. Problem solved, no? Well apparently not for you, because it seems that you enjoy declaring the "worthlessness" of the opinions of others and telling people to "get a life." I respond by telling you that you don't know what life I have or what I do or who I help therein and therewith. But I do believe strongly in discussion, and that's what this was (before you).

L

Lasvicus

And you automatically write off anyone who doesn't share your own opinions? A little too far to the left or a little too far to the right and you write them off? Good. I'll take being written off by one such as yourself to be something of a compliment.
So please, go be a 'non-binary social justice warrior' elsewhere if all you're going to do HERE is sling shit, make accusations, call names, contradict yourself and complain about not wanting to be here but staying here like anyone is forcing you.

RosetheCrux

I'm a trashbag. A cute trashbag
Isn't disliking all feminists because some seem to, well, hate men (and other stuff lol) similar to how people dislike furries because some of them are seen as "freaks"? Idk I guess one bad apple spoils the bunch.

I'd call myself a feminist, I support equality and all that. I know there are quite a few feminists who think it's okay to try and put themselves above men but there are also quite a few who just want equality for all genders.

Well I'm not gonna tell you who to like and dislike, I just thought I'd put in my two cents

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Isn't disliking all feminists because some seem to, well, hate men (and other stuff lol) similar to how people dislike furries because some of them are seen as "freaks"? Idk I guess one bad apple spoils the bunch.

I'd call myself a feminist, I support equality and all that. I know there are quite a few feminists who think it's okay to try and put themselves above men but there are also quite a few who just want equality for all genders.

Well I'm not gonna tell you who to like and dislike, I just thought I'd put in my two cents

Disliking feminism doesn't mean you dislike all people who call themselves feminists, does it?

inactive

I'm anti feminist because it's filled with an unfortunate number of people who perpetuate ideas such as rape culture, but ignore the travesties against women in ACTUAL rape cultures. And when an anti feminist such as myself begins fundraising for such women, it pisses those feminists off.

Did this actually happen, or is it a hypothesis of yours?

Disliking feminism doesn't mean you dislike all people who call themselves feminists, does it?

Not necessarily, but that seems to be the way OP is operating, which I would guess is what Rose's post was addressing.

L

Lasvicus

Not necessarily, but that seems to be the way OP is operating, which I would guess is what Rose's post was addressing.

This actually happened when AmazingAthiest actually started raising money to help women who are actually oppressed.
I'm operating in a general sense. When, from what I've seen and heard and experienced, I say fuck feminists, I don't mean to say fuck the individual people so much as fuck the movement and what people therein insist on taking it in the direction that it's going in. If there was a miscommunication on that part I'll admit to it probably being my fault. But I digress.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?

The rape culture double standard became apparent after the Collogne attacks.

ZacAttackk

professional procrastinator
The definition of feminist is "Feminism is a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, personal, and social rights for women. This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment." so technically if you're an 'anti-feminist' then that means your against wanting women to have equal rights to men, but I do see why some people dislike feminists (term put lightly) as some self-labelled feminists don't 100% understand the concept and think that feminism is more about women having more power than they do now rather than having equal rights.

L

Lasvicus

The definition of feminist is "Feminism is a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, personal, and social rights for women. This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment." so technically if you're an 'anti-feminist' then that means your against wanting women to have equal rights to men, but I do see why some people dislike feminists (term put lightly) as some self-labelled feminists don't 100% understand the concept and think that feminism is more about women having more power than they do now rather than having equal rights.
There is no "technically" about it. The feminist movement isnt the be-all end-all of the women's rights movement. This has already been established, use your brain, wanting equal rights for EVERYONE doesn't make ANYONE a feminist.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

ProxFox

This actually happened when AmazingAthiest actually started raising money to help women who are actually oppressed.
I'm operating in a general sense. When, from what I've seen and heard and experienced, I say fuck feminists, I don't mean to say fuck the individual people so much as fuck the movement and what people therein insist on taking it in the direction that it's going in. If there was a miscommunication on that part I'll admit to it probably being my fault. But I digress.

Isn't The Amazing Atheist the guy that told a woman he hopes she gets raped again? And also said he should be allowed to have sex with people at 14?

ZacAttackk

There is no "technically" about it. The feminist movement isnt the be-all end-all of the women's rights movement. This has already been established, use your brain, wanting equal rights for EVERYONE doesn't make ANYONE a feminist.

I didn't say that someone is automatically a feminist for wanting equal rights for everyone, but not every self labelled feminist is the stereotypical triggering tumblr user that overdramatises everything.

L

Lasvicus

I didn't say that someone is automatically a feminist for wanting equal rights for everyone, but not every self labelled feminist is the stereotypical triggering tumblr user that overdramatises everything.
You said being against feminism makes me against women's rights. So, yeah.

ZacAttackk

You said being against feminism makes me against women's rights. So, yeah.

Feminism exists to better women's rights, however some people use feminism wrongly and to empower themselves, which is the reason as to why you may hate this movement of such. As someone said earlier on in this thread, it's like somebody hating the entire furry fandom and opposing anybody who says they are one just because they have heard of the negative stereotypes and certain individuals who reflect badly upon the true diversity of the fandom.

L

Lasvicus

Feminism exists to better women's rights, however some people use feminism wrongly and to empower themselves, which is the reason as to why you may hate this movement of such. As someone said earlier on in this thread, it's like somebody hating the entire furry fandom and opposing anybody who says they are one just because they have heard of the negative stereotypes and certain individuals who reflect badly upon the true diversity of the fandom.
Feminism exists for what ever purpose the people within the movement itself says it exists for. And again, an unfortunate number of people say it exists for truly disgusting and hypocritical reasons. The 2 (Furries and Feminism) can't really be compared for the purposes of this conversation. One has a goal and pushes for certain political ideas, the other dresses up. Period. I have yet to hear anyone say that they "reject" the furry fandom in the same way that I'm saying that I reject the feminist movement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maximor_Bloodpanda

The True Anti-Conformist
The way #3 was done had me rolling XD
Why did the feminist cross the road? To suck my dick.
What do you do when your wife's watch breaks? Nothing, there's a clock on the stove....
Why do brides wear white? So the dishwasher matches the rest of the appliances.
How many women does it take to change a lightbulb? 8, 7 to form a committee and 1 to get her husband to do it.
What do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes? Nothing, you already told her twice.