• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Top 5 Lamest Cultural Phenomena

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
I MEAN IT! YOU SERIOUSLY LIKE THIS?

[awesome song]

yes, yes i do. not to take seriously, but it's a lot of fun to listen to/laugh about. it's goofy.

edit: i then turned on your youtube link and listened to it, despite having their CD.

Alstor

And twice as shiny
yes, yes i do. not to take seriously, but it's a lot of fun to listen to/laugh about. it's goofy.

edit: i then turned on your youtube link and listened to it, despite having their CD.
BNDIFUOVBOUWVB;AL V

Ok. I respect your opinion. If you find it goofy, I have no means to make you think otherwise.

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
#1: American Idol
American Idol would be better if it included more people singing classical music, and didn't cause a fad in buying albums by rejected American Idol Contestants. That is right, fuck you Chris Daughtry.
#2: Barrack Obama
Is not Black. And he is a fucking revolutionary with the change he brought, ain't he? Barrack Obama's got an IQ of 126. Can you beat him, Myspace?

#3: Scene Music.
Please learn to sing correctly, and try to teach your fanbase to deal with life rather than being a bunch of hedonistic, whinny faggots. Quit doing bad covers of The Cure, Joy Division, and the 80's post-punk bands.

#4: Hit-Clips
Holy Fuck.

#5: Death of Celebrities.
Should have done less cocaine, MJ and Anna Nicole Smith.

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish
hey. hey. calm down. they were only cool for like a week, but DAMN when they were cool, they were COOL. B)

They were cool for about a whole 2 years where I'm from, because I was the only kid listening to Jazz music in a whole generation that grew up on the Patriotic Country music that spawned after 9/11 and Britney Spears.

Vintage

you're beautiful
1-5: every meme ever

5.) Giving Weed Brand Names - There's only two kinds, kids. Indica and Sativa. The rest is in your mind. Granted, there's shitty weed and there's good weed, but the name brands don't make that big of a difference.

4.) Zombies - They were cool, but outside forces are ruinning the fun; Zombieland, that Microsoft commercial, Ugly Americas (albeit that show can be funny at times...). It's time to leave them in the past with the Ugg Boots and President Bush.

3.) Inexplicable Rage Against Smokers - The rules are getting retarded. Smoking outside? Fine, I'll smoke outside. Oh, now you want me to stand 50 feet away from the door, in the rain? ...and I can't smoke my eCigarette inside, even though I'm exhailing harmless water vapor? ..and you want me to wear this scarlet S so everyone knows just how evil of a person I am?

2.) Organic Foods/Homeopathic Medicine -- You know, people in the 1900s were eating organic foods, taking natural cures for their aliments and such. They also lived to the ripe ol' age of 40.

1.) Cable Channels That Don't Live Up To Their Name -- Cartoon Network has live-action (Adult Swim can be excluded since its own seperate channel for demographic reasons and never explicitly stated they were solely for cartoons), History has little istory on it, MTV/VH1 only has music late at night, Fox News/MSNBC is more opinion than news and TV-Land is broadcasting new shows. ...and there's only more examples where that came from.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
They were cool for about a whole 2 years where I'm from, because I was the only kid listening to Jazz music in a whole generation that grew up on the Patriotic Country music that spawned after 9/11 and Britney Spears.
How can the descendants of traitors be patriotic?

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
2.) Organic Foods/Homeopathic Medicine -- You know, people in the 1900s were eating organic foods, taking natural cures for their aliments and such. They also lived to the ripe ol' age of 40.

1.) Cable Channels That Don't Live Up To Their Name -- Cartoon Network has live-action (Adult Swim can be excluded since its own seperate channel for demographic reasons and never explicitly stated they were solely for cartoons), History has little istory on it, MTV/VH1 only has music late at night, Fox News/MSNBC is more opinion than news and TV-Land is broadcasting new shows. ...and there's only more examples where that came from.

Homeopathic medicine is a pathetic attempt at sorcery at best.
And I don't watch TV.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts

But they at least were healt... no wait, they weren't, really :V

Tomias_Redford

Knight Of Time
5. Making being "Geeky" hip
Because this, to me, has spawned a ton of people running around wearing artificially faded super mario shirts, acting like idiots, and thinking they're the shit on Halo.

But I AM the shit on Halo XD Seriously though, I agree with this, I was a geek and i never went about flaunting it.

P.S. I actually AM the shit on Halo, if your ever in a match with {TH}Vulpes, watch out. Because imma snipe yo ass...XD

Guenwhyvar

#1 Monogamy
No human is naturally monogamous...just a religious construct.
#2 Democracy
Just the oppression of the minority by the majority (furries and gays are minorities)
#3 Patents & Copyright
I feel people are entitled to receiving just reward for their creativity, but current laws are only used to support distribution-companies, not the individual artist.
#4 Institutionalized Religion
Just fuck off with monotheistic religions. They are inherently intolerant.
#5 Slager-music
Including the Dutch entry into the eurovision this year...'nuff said.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
#1 Monogamy
No human is naturally monogamous...just a religious construct.
#2 Democracy
Just the oppression of the minority by the majority (furries and gays are minorities)
#3 Patents & Copyright
I feel people are entitled to receiving just reward for their creativity, but current laws are only used to support distribution-companies, not the individual artist.
#4 Institutionalized Religion
Just fuck off with monotheistic religions. They are inherently intolerant.
#5 Slager-music
Including the Dutch entry into the eurovision this year...'nuff said.

1. yes they can, but nice way to make an excuse to fuck someone you're not dating.
2. we're always SO oppressed, right?
4. most of them yea, but not all.

PenningtontheSkunk

What is this internet?
4.) Zombies - They were cool, but outside forces are ruinning the fun; Zombieland, that Microsoft commercial, Ugly Americas (albeit that show can be funny at times...). It's time to leave them in the past with the Ugg Boots and President Bush.
Also other horror icons too. Werewolves lost their badassness same as vampires too.

Hipster Doofus

Well, I GUESS this'll be fun
1. Those stupid stunna-shade glasses or whatever they're called. You look like a fag, take 'em off.

2. Drug war. Hey remember prohibition, and how much everybody loved that and how it didn't create WAY more trouble than it was worth? Let's do that again! God bless personal freedom!

3. Body image obsession. I'm a victim of this one myself, but goddamn it's lame that I feel so uncomfortable with myself even though I know factually that the problems are negligible.

4. Oversensitive people. People are whiny pussies. They may well always have been, but it's annoying as shit.

5. Something else

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
1. Those stupid stunna-shade glasses or whatever they're called. You look like a fag, take 'em off.

2. Drug war. Hey remember prohibition, and how much everybody loved that and how it didn't create WAY more trouble than it was worth? Let's do that again! God bless personal freedom!

1. hey mang shuttashadez ROCK.
2. are you saying you're PRO or ANTI drugs? :V

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
5. Making being "Geeky" hip
Because this, to me, has spawned a ton of people running around wearing artificially faded super mario shirts, acting like idiots, and thinking they're the shit on Halo.

BONUS: AMERICAN IDOL

This show is retarded and a lot of it is what's wrong with our society.

"Geek Chic" is the worst thing ever. WE'RE SO COOL AND TECH SAVVY. I'M GOING TO BLOG ABOUT IT ON MY TWITTER. OMG I'M ON AN IPHONE. TEEHEE

Jw

PINEAPPLE ACCOMPLISHED
#1 Teen Idols/ sensations
Hannah Montana, Justin Bieber, And whoever else there ever was. Once 100 million teens like something, something new shows up and the old people get deserted.

#2 White people trying to act like "gangstas".
No exceptions. Maybe you should listen to "Pretty Fly for a White Guy". Be who you are; don't copy some stereotype.

#3 Twitter Abuse
Because everyone, everywhere needs to know where you are eating, that you are leaving the restaurant, that you just opened your car door, that you just closed your car door, that you disengaged the parking brake... Also, TV shows, celebrities or commercials that tell you to "follow us Twitter". Using Facebook, myspace or open a blog like this either-- please. Connect with friends and leave it at that.

#4 iMania
iPod + iTunes: okay concept, nothing wrong with that. No way was it the first MP3 player (and that's all it is before iTouch came along). Then all the extra, non-apple products (iHeart, iHome, iFan, iWipe...) Just cause it has an "i" in front makes it better. I'm surprised Kotex didn't snap up the iPad concept.

#5 L33tspeak, lolcat talk, and txt talk used in real life talk.
it's shorthand for typing. please don't say it like that, it won't strain you voice, I promise.
"OMG IDK WTF is up w my BFFL!"
"ENGLISH! DO YOU SPEAK IT?!?!"

Oh, and a bonus.
"You are all unique and special individuals"-- oh really?
One of the most contradictory encouragements in the world.

If you don't understand, get a group of friends together and say "We are all unique" at the same time.

EDIT: clarified

Last edited:

Gavrill

ladies~
#3 Twitter
Because everyone, everywhere needs to know where you are eating, that you are leaving the restaurant, that you just opened your car door, that you just closed your car door, that you disengaged the parking brake... Also, TV shows or commercials that tell you to "follow us Twitter". Use Facebook, myspace or open a blog-- please
Shut up, Twitter is more awesome than Myspace will ever be.