• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

ToS Question

Aimlesswaves

I sent in a trouble ticket about the same thing, but I don't need any action taken, just an admin response really, so I figured I'd post here as well.

I'm filing for the k1 visa, and one thing they request is sending the ToS of the site you met your fiance on, to make sure that it is not an IMB, an International Marriage Broker, or otherwise selling mail-order brides. Of course, being an art site, FA doesn't mention anything about this, as it's not really expected.

I would really love an admin to say something like, "FA is not an IMB, does not promote selling mail-order brides, etc." that I could screenshot and send in with my packet. I would likely send the actual ToS as well, to be safe.

Thank you for your time. <3

Aimlesswaves

I don't understand why, in the past, every trouble ticket I sent in was answered within 24 hours, and yet this one, it's been 4 days already and no response at all. I've read by googling that some tickets can take weeks or potentially go unanswered for a very long time, but every day that goes by is another day I'll have to wait to move in with my spouse and I'm getting a bit antsy. I don't know if I should take the ToS as it stand now and write something myself explaining that of course it's not a dating site at all, or be patient and wait for a response?

quoting_mungo

Ticket response times vary depending on ticket category. You’re asking for/about something that probably requires the attention of the site directors, rather than something that can be addressed by lower-level moderators.

Is there any way you can contact the immigration office and ask how they handle art/community sites? Like, I haven’t used it in a while and then some, but I don’t recall deviantArt explicitly saying “this is not a mail order bride site” and presumably they wouldn’t block a visa application because the relationship started on there.

Aimlesswaves

Ticket response times vary depending on ticket category. You’re asking for/about something that probably requires the attention of the site directors, rather than something that can be addressed by lower-level moderators.

Is there any way you can contact the immigration office and ask how they handle art/community sites? Like, I haven’t used it in a while and then some, but I don’t recall deviantArt explicitly saying “this is not a mail order bride site” and presumably they wouldn’t block a visa application because the relationship started on there.
It's confusing, because I've heard conflicting reports on what they'll demand more information on, or that it will change depending on the officer reviewing it, but people certainly have had RFE (Request for further evidence) for not submitting enough info on the site they met on, and some were not.

Sites that prepare forms for you will also demand the ToS of the site you met on as well, and I really wanted to be safe.

As for contacting immigration, that is a good idea and I will try that tomorrow.