• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

TOYHOUSE.SE Codes?

Sprite

The Sheepish Sheep
Hi, I recently discovered the Toyhouse website and wanted to register but realized that in order to do so you need an invite code? This seems to be a big problem for people trying to make an account, and I was just wondering how people went about getting a code.

As far as I can tell it seems like you either need to find someone generous to give one away or buy one off of someone; and while I'm actually willing to pay for a code I'm not sure how I would go about doing so without being scammed.

Can anyone help me out, please?

EDIT: Pavo helped me out! Thank you so much! <3

Last edited:

Catdog

I caused a little stir.
I have some spare invite codes because all my friends already have one, I'll note you one!

Edit: if anyone else wants one note me, I have 4 more left.

Last edited:

Sam Wamm

I'm a goat plushie
personally if i find "invite only" websites i tend to look the other way for several reasons.

for one i know that it's often for good reasons like to avoid bullying but so many times this develops a culture of us and them and though it's often said in jest i don't like being part of a gang that's like "it's okay we're buddies. screw those other guys." as it either makes me sound like an ass, a private person, somehow offended by general public, cowardly or brings conflict within my fans.

for two there's just the practical reason of it being a locked off area. people who want to see everything i'm doing can't access it and feel like they're missing out.

quoting_mungo

@Sam A Wamm Neither is really the case for Toyhouse. Like a lot of websites in early or semi-early development, they're invite-only to control growth. This helps prevent the servers getting overwhelmed by new users.

The site is also available to guests in close to full, though access is a little clunky. I just had a look at what I can view logged out, and to the best of my recollection, the only things really missing are pages related to submitting content.

Which doesn't obligate you to like Toyhouse, of course, just pointing out that there are technical reasons for why they use invite codes, and not all places with memberships lock much of anything out from being viewed.

Catdog

I caused a little stir.
Toyhouse imo isn't really useful if you don't have a ton of OCs either. You can't even upload some HQ artwork because of the filesize limit so my idea of using it as an art archive for my very small amount of OCs didn't go well >_<

That being said I still have 3 free codes left if anyone would like one.

Sam Wamm

I'm a goat plushie
@Sam A Wamm Neither is really the case for Toyhouse. Like a lot of websites in early or semi-early development, they're invite-only to control growth. This helps prevent the servers getting overwhelmed by new users.

The site is also available to guests in close to full, though access is a little clunky. I just had a look at what I can view logged out, and to the best of my recollection, the only things really missing are pages related to submitting content.

Which doesn't obligate you to like Toyhouse, of course, just pointing out that there are technical reasons for why they use invite codes, and not all places with memberships lock much of anything out from being viewed.

ah good. that's not been my experience with locked out websites before. glad this one is different.