• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Traditional or Digital?

Traditional art materials or digital

• Traditional please!

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Digital all the way!

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Neither..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both!

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
C

Chris-py

what media do you prefer working with when it comes to making art? Also which one do you like more to receive?

M

MakTheFurry

I have no idea what the diffrence is (I have no idea how to draw xD)

Experimentonomen

As a beginner i kinda feel like i should prolly prioritize learning and mastering traditional first of all, and then start trying out digital.

Catya

I use both, but mostly traditional. When making a digital painting, I often sketch it out on paper and fill the rest in with Photoshop, because I have more control with my art when using a pencil. I also make all my comics the traditional way, with pencil and pens, and color it in Photoshop.

I've also been making comics and art for YEARS, and it's a lot of trial and errors until you find what works for you.

TheKC

Fuzzy drawing dragon!
I like to do digital and I like to receive digital or traditional. =3

Other then mostly Digital, I do like working with markers or oil paints. I don't know if I will oil paint again though. It's pricey. My markers are still good. I sometimes go on a kick and work with them.

MissKarotStix

Just a Sea Slug
I love both although my true love is oil painting. I would still oil paint if it wasn't so expensive (and stinky). Nowadays I primarily do digital art.
Gerneally I have no preference in receiving either traditional or digital art, but if I were to commission someone and the request wasn't related to a project I prefer traditional art.

LindyHop

Bring me my brown pants!
I do traditional for myself for practice but 99.5% of my art is digital, I had the privilege of having a tablet when I started seriously focusing on art about 12 years ago. I wish I had started out with traditional art though because I find that it's not so easy to go from digital to traditional. As an animation major I had to take several classes in which I was expected to use traditional media such as acrylic paints and brush pens and I found it difficult for me since I didn't start out that way.

TheMintyBun

The most squishy of the buns.
Traditional, its cheap. Lol

Sforzie

Professional Kuja fangirl
I don't think there's a 'right', just whichever someone prefers to work in. Myself, I work almost entirely in digital. I did a fair amount of work in traditional media when I was younger, but when I got to college I got a tablet. Now I just do all digital--for me, it's nice because I'm left handed and I don't have to worry about the smudges.
THE SMUDGES.
I don't really get gift art, but if I did I wouldn't care what media it was in! It's the thought and effort that went into it that counts.
(And as for the cost, both traditional and digital can be varyingly expensive. I was briefly an art major in college, and had to spend a lot of money on supplies for classes. Not to mention having to get a scanner if you plan on digitizing your work to share on the internet. A tablet can be as cheap as $100 or a dozen times more than that.)

I prefer to do traditional cuz it's what I grew up with all my life[I am 36] but I may want to learn digital in the future and looking at both is really nice. I feel like there is more dirt soul in traditional if you get what I mean,

Luku_Zuku

Still trying to draw, slowly
I personally prefer to draw traditionally, but I CANNOT color when I'm drawing traditionally, and neither I or my school have a decent scanner. So I either draw using a cheap graphic tablet my art department has, or I leave out color completely. And because I can't just camp out in my school art room (as much as I'd love that...), I normally have to forsake color completely, and try to suggest color to the viewer. It's not easy. Hopefully I can buy a tablet for myself soon.....