• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Transgendered 6-year-old wins rights to girls bathroom at school.

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
After all that madness about the bullying news story, this LGBT rights victory is pretty refreshing.

http://news.msn.com/us/rights-case-ruling-favors-transgender-6-year-old

Colorado officials say a suburban Colorado Springs school district discriminated against a 6-year-old transgender girl by preventing her from using the girls' bathroom, in what advocates described as the first such ruling in the next frontier in civil rights...

"This is by far the high-water mark for cases dealing with the rights of transgendered people to access bathrooms," said the Mathis family's attorney, Michael Silverman of the Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund. He and other advocates said the case is one of several potentially ground-breaking transgendered civil-rights cases winding their way through the nation's courts.

Thoughts? I'm actually pretty pleased with this. T is the oft-overlooked part of the LGBT community, and it's good to see a case ruled in their favor.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
Thoughts?
Captain, I am detecting a immenient shit storm incoming on this thread.
What do you think McCoy we should do to avoid this storm?
Damnit Jim, I'm a doctor not a miracle worker.
After all that madness about the bullying news story, this LGBT rights victory is pretty refreshing.
http://news.msn.com/us/rights-case-ruling-favors-transgender-6-year-old
Thoughts? I'm actually pretty pleased with this. T is the oft-overlooked part of the LGBT community, and it's good to see a case ruled in their favor.
I'm actually pretty pleased with it as well cause before organizations could demand trasngender to ONLY use their original sex's bathroom, and well it could end violently. Basically if you are transgender and went into your non-birth sex's bathroom you could have wound up getting massive fines or even jail time, or even so far as well getting the utter shit beaten out of you.

MalMask

Malevolent masked menace
That is a bit of good news compared to that other article. School can be such a stressful environment and the issue that they forced Coy to stand in line for a boys room is sad. If people just put themselves in other's shoes they'd realize just how awkward and upsetting that would be for a kid. I think people are starting to lighten up about trans folk, which is good to see, considering how much shit trans people get.

Seekrit

aww, this is feelgoodz c:

I'm more happy that little gurl doesn't have to feel bad anymore than about the wider significance of the court's ruling. Actually surprised something as simple as taking a piss is still an issue.

Aleu

Deuces
inb4 someone claims about how the kid will start raping the girls or something.

I'm pretty happy about this. It's kind of ridiculous about how people will resort to violence just because someone needs to use the toilet. The stalls are there for a reason. Sheesh.

Inciatus

In the land of bipolar weather
But if they use different bathrooms that kid will start raping the girls because men can only think about rape, especially those people who are too young to know what the fuck sex is!
inb4 someone claims about how the kid will start raping the girls or something.
fuck

I'm pretty happy about this. It's kind of ridiculous about how people will resort to violence just because someone needs to use the toilet. The stalls are there for a reason. Sheesh.
I think it is silly too.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
Good for that kid, I guess. I don't think it's some huge civil rights victory or anything but whatever.
Short version of why it's a big deal:
Assholes would make laws and/or require that if you are at their place of business that you use your birth sex's bathroom, then if someone didn't they would beat the living shit out of them/push others to beat the shit out them/throw them in jail. To give a analogy imagine if there was a law or a business requiring someone that's gay to on a regular basis announce that they're gay then "push" for people to beat the shit out them or do it themselves and that if they didn't announce it to everyone they would throw them in jail.

It doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but when you consider the people who make these kinds of rules are the same people who would smash your face in with a brick it's a big win.

Tl:dr; It's a win cause assholes would make rules or laws like these to forcibly out people in violently hostile places.

Last edited:

Sparklepaws

The Wooflewaffle
Honestly I was more concerned about the possible responses I would be reading on this thread, but I've been pleasantly surprised :3

It's good that people are starting to wise up about this sort of thing. I'm extremely happy that this story is a good story, as opposed to the common news rabble that seems to spew sewage every five seconds. We need more victories like this on the press.

AlexInsane

I does what I says on the box.
They should make kids like that crap in a special porta potty outside the school. If you have a peepee, you go in the boys room, if you have a hoohoo, you go in the girls. If you don't know what you are, get the hell out of our bathrooms, we don't want you in there.

Aleu

Deuces
They should make kids like that crap in a special porta potty outside the school. If you have a peepee, you go in the boys room, if you have a hoohoo, you go in the girls. If you don't know what you are, get the hell out of our bathrooms, we don't want you in there.
We were doing so well without this bullshit.

Machine

Shrieking Possum Queen
Way to be an insensitive dick.

Icky

is the prettiest pony~

The hell is wrong with you? :T

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
They actually had issues with a 6 year old going into the girl's bathroom? Really? She's 6!!!

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
If there weren't, how would anything be explained to children? :V

Hey, you can be honest while "spicing" the truth.

They told us that in class once.

TeenageAngst

Banned
Banned
Snowden going to Moscow? Pfft.

Transgendered 6 year old (OH COME ON) wins bathroom privileges? Now THAT'S relevant!

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Should 6 years olds even fucking think about stuff like this?