• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Traumatizing movie scenes you remember from childhood?

Hogo

Unrespectable Member
Antz, the part with the war against the termites.
This actually came to mind, specifically when he was talking to the still-alive decapitated head of his friend.

I was subjected to a gauntlet of classics from my babysitter who was really into horror and because we were boys trying to seem tough and cool we pressured each other to survive them. Exorcist, It, Hellraiser, Night of the Living Dead, you name it. None of them bothered me as much as the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre did. That was my 'chickened out' movie. That first kill and appearance of Leatherface at the doorway scared the piss out of me and the general atmosphere of the movie before that scene was making me feel sick already. Rewatched it a few years back and I don't blame my child self.

Honorable mention to the shaving scene from Cabin Fever.

M

Mop

The scene in Squidbillies (had to look up the name) when they brutally torture and kill Santa. This is after I had woken up during the night, and so Cartoon Network was still playing Adult Swim TV shows.

That scene made me really upset.

sleepy kitty

feline enthusiast & insomniac
When I was four years old, the lips in the opening of the Rocky Horror Picture Show were disturbing. I actually thought the tv was alive and talking!

FoxWithAName

Oh boy, an idea immediately shot into my head as I saw this thread. So 8 year old me is by a friend and his father is watching the first Mad Max and invites us over. We watch along and did not get a thing, but then the Hacksaw Scene came up. I watched with 100% focus and was shocked and traumatized. Here is a link without any of the bad stuff.

Spoiler it is at the very end of the movie.

timetodie

I saw a bunch of messed up stuff but the main ones are the baby delivery scene and the deer scene from Freddy Got Fingered. Mr Garrisons sex-change episode was also really bad they spliced in real operation footage lol. This scene from The Toxic Avenger stuck with me too it's so mean.