• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Tribes: Ascend (I AM THE SHAZBOT)

Ames

it smells like dust and moon light
Anybody else playing the Tribes: Ascend closed beta? This game is pretty insane.

For those who don't know about it, Tribes: Ascend is the next game in a series that came out in 1998. It's a sci-fi themed MMOFPS which focuses on blowing people up while flying backwards at 200+ km/h. Basically Quake, but a deal more in-depth and insane. If you're walking or standing still at any point, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG and will immediately be fragged and/or stabbed in the back.

[video=youtube;bcNnU3D5rHc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcNnU3D5rHc[/video]

The game is currently in closed beta, which means the features, gamemodes, and maps are rather limited, but the gameplay's all there. So if you want to brush up on your midair fragging and 300km/h skiing skills, now would be the time to do so.

Last edited:

Tao

Hare Boi
It is pretty fun and IMO a big step up from the previous tribes :D

A lot more weapons and fun stuffs. I especially like all the new spinfusors and stuff but I miss the other tribes other than the butchers and sand rakers :(

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I have the beta access. I downloaded it, tried to install but the game just won't start. Deleted files and now it fails to install it.

Tao

Hare Boi
I have the beta access. I downloaded it, tried to install but the game just won't start. Deleted files and now it fails to install it.

How're you installing it? I had it at the start but supposedly they've changed the Hi-Rez launcher around. What error does it give?

Ames

Yeah they changed it so that it installs through the patcher/launch window now. It's a little strange.

Tao

Hare Boi
Hum, maybe Sarcastic has an outdated version, then?

Have ya tried uninstalling the launcher thing?

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Hum, maybe Sarcastic has an outdated version, then?

Have ya tried uninstalling the launcher thing?
I downloaded the thing as soon as it came out. I downloaded the installers and stuff, but all they do is crash ebfore startup, without any error messages
And yeah, I deleted everything, since not even the uninstaller would work

Tao

Hare Boi
I downloaded the thing as soon as it came out. I downloaded the installers and stuff, but all they do is crash ebfore startup, without any error messages
And yeah, I deleted everything, since not even the uninstaller would work

C'est tres strange. What windows do you have? Or god help us, what iOS?

veeno

See ya latter ****ers.
I approve of this fucking awesome game.

LordBorel

Why would you do such a thing?
This game is fabulous, and everyone should go get it right the hell now. 'Is closed beta' you say, bullshit, go to their facebook and like them, they give you a beta key.

That feel when you blow up a shrike in midair with the fusion mortar. This game is awesome.

VGmaster9

People are already calling this game a Halo ripoff. Sad for what our generation of gamers has become.

Ames

People are already calling this game a Halo ripoff. Sad for what our generation of gamers has become.

They've been calling it that ever since the game was first announced.

It's funny because the Tribes series has been around since 1998. :V

Pogiforce

I've heard about this. I've heard good things about this. From what I hear, it's kind of like TF2 in that it has nine classes that do different things, but it also has weapon loadouts like CoD? All I really know for sure is that from what I have heard they're really making use of the beta to make sure the game is at it's best when it launches.

Neybulot

I make you unlucky.
I rather love me some Tribes: Ascend, but I'm glad they haven't removed the Beta tag just yet, since it still feels like there are some balance issues that need to be corrected.

LordBorel

Why would you do such a thing?
Bumping for shazbot. Also for awesome parody trailer.
[video=youtube_share;pjyUy5f3VIw]http://youtu.be/pjyUy5f3VIw[/video]

Maisuki

Addicted to this choice piece of software now. So fun.

Username is Maisuki. I'm so creative. Add me(assuming the join-friend-game-thing actually starts working).

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
Just want to say that Tribes: Vengeance for $2 from half-price books was one of the best purchases I have made in this short life

Ames

How did I not know of this match between 4chan/v/ and Reddit?

Full match:

[video=youtube;urfADUE22zA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urfADUE22zA[/video]

Outcome:

[video=youtube;_dEsp_7nStI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dEsp_7nStI[/video]

Addicted to this choice piece of software now. So fun.

Username is Maisuki. I'm so creative. Add me(assuming the join-friend-game-thing actually starts working).

I could see myself getting further into this game if they would only fix the fucking friend thing working. :/

Until that day, and beyond, I will be Jayfeather on this game. :p

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Update coming in :D