• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Troll, disgruntled admin, or hacked admin hiding harmless comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKidiKehT

This is really ridiculous. Either a troll found out how to hide comments through whatever means, an admin is being a douche, or an admin's FA got hacked. Regardless of what's going on, it needs to be fixed before it gets more out of hand than it already is. Simple casual comments are being hidden like "She's really cute", And I know for damned sure that saying somethign is cute ain't against ToS. So this needs to be fixed, and fast

AngelAito

ZackYuki
yeah really :/ this is upsetting a lot of people weather its a admin or a troll it needs to be stopped. I say take the hide comments thing off the site till this is fixed and figured out! :/

Edit: and into read-only mode we go! hope its fixed, and if not, removed :/

Last edited:

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
Ahahahahaha I knew this would cause problems.

The admins in their infinite wisdom decided to give comment removal powers to each userpage's owner. So that's actually the artist you commented on himself being an abusive dick.

Good job FA!

Maikeru

No-talent .hack//SIGN

The admins in their infinite wisdom decided to give comment removal powers to each userpage's owner. So that's actually the artist you commented on himself being an abusive dick.

Good job FA!

Naw, it outright says it was hidden by the Admins here, rather than the owner of the journal/submission.

If the admins are going to hide comments intentionally (assuming this is someone going a little power-crazy), I'd like to have the option to view the comment that was hidden and un-hide it, if I feel it's not really offensive.

I'm a grown-ass man, damn it! I can clean up a mess on my own.

AngelAito

ZackYuki

Good job FA!

Nope, when the person whos journal or submission its on hides it, it says "removed by author". The ones we are talking about are harmless comments that say "removed by administrator"

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Hehe, I bet it's 'Neer.

Edit: and yea, we're in read only mode now.

TheKidiKehT

Least the problem is hopefully gonna get taken care of. Wonder what exactly happened, if it was a rogue admin or some asshat of a hacker who thinks he's funny.

InuAkiko

Waiting for life to get good
Okay, this explains a lot. I was just rolling around for something to do, and decided to gawk at the commish I had gotten last night, and was really puzzled at the hidden comments. I had read them earlier and they were fine...

This is why we can't have nice things.

redfoxnudetoons

Banned
Banned
Least the problem is hopefully gonna get taken care of. Wonder what exactly happened, if it was a rogue admin or some asshat of a hacker who thinks he's funny.

Either one is probable... But I'd have to lean toward a hacker. Again. There are asshats who are always trying to do things that make FA crap out, like dumping entire galleries at once, or breaking new features.

This is why we can't have nice things.
Hey.... That's my line... (It's even in my sig!)

lol.

InuAkiko

Whoops, sorry there redfoxXD

Still, can't wait to see what happens next. Should prove to be entertaining.

WolfWings

Whoops, sorry there redfoxXD

Still, can't wait to see what happens next. Should prove to be entertaining.

Obvious bug is obvious from what I can see just glancing at the URLs for comment-hiding. So it'll get closed, all the hidden comments un-hidden, things back to normal again. =^.^=

SoreThumb

It's sad to realize how many bugs FA has.

It's even worse when new features have a security vulnerability that seems obvious..
I was tempted to see if such a coding loophole existed, but I didn't bother.. I .. HAHA.. I HOPED it was done right.
Guess not.

InuAkiko

Obvious bug is obvious from what I can see just glancing at the URLs for comment-hiding. So it'll get closed, all the hidden comments un-hidden, things back to normal again. =^.^=

That's too bad, the hiding could have been a great feature. Though I suppose it creates something else to monitor, not to mention people will see that a comment's been hidden and be like OOOH WHAT HAPPENED TELL US >> kinda defeats the purpose. Ah well, we shall see.

AngelAito

ZackYuki
It could of been a good feature if done right :/ like having control over your own submissions and journals for one things, or being able to choose if you want to see a hidden comment or not, like on DA and YouTube... but this is just not cool

Koze

Suffer Well
xw8p7.jpg

O:

AngelAito

ZackYuki
OMG WHAT?! Since going into read only mode ANOTHER one of my harmless comments ON MY OWN SUBMISSION has been hidden. I've been refreashing the page to see if the hidden comment would re-appear, hoping they fixed it and put things right, but NOPE! Another one gone!
What is going on here? Even if it is a hacker, the site is in read only mode... so, shouldn't they not be able to do that? o_O Or is it really admins and the locked the site up so they could go comment block happy maybe... >:/

rafflone

Artist for Hire
lol makes you wonder if we ever go folders for our submissions would the site then bust?

I remeber the admins talking about changing FA's layout and making it look better, don't get me wrong I loved the idea and loved the layout, but....with little things like this, it won't even ever get close to DA, but then again DA isn't "completely" free. If FA wants to be bug free their going to have to make someone pay, reason being how do you think DA is going to well? Their are features you have to pay for. FA doesn't have that.

Koze

Suffer Well
OMG WHAT?! Since going into read only mode ANOTHER one of my harmless comments ON MY OWN SUBMISSION has been hidden. I've been refreashing the page to see if the hidden comment would re-appear, hoping they fixed it and put things right, but NOPE! Another one gone!
What is going on here? Even if it is a hacker, the site is in read only mode... so, shouldn't they not be able to do that? o_O Or is it really admins and the locked the site up so they could go comment block happy maybe... >:/

There's a loophole in the coding for the site's comment removal. Currently, a MEMBER, not even a staffer can actually remove shit. So they pout it in read only mode while they patch the exploit.

Status
Not open for further replies.