• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Troll, disgruntled admin, or hacked admin hiding harmless comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangamutt

EDIT: wrong thread.

I'm a dumbass.

Last edited:

Alstor

And twice as shiny
http://twitter.com/eevee/status/27510482783

So, now what? Will FA increase its security measures like it needed to do? Will the coders finally be tasked to actually fix the site rather than put in add-ons that only a few people like? Will the admins finally see that the site is in desperate need of an improvement?

Probably not, so in the meantime, let drama ring across the animal semem-covered countryside.

timoran

Banned
Banned
The most delicious thing about this exploit is not that anyone can delete a comment, but that it says the ADMINS did it. A+!

Well, since the admins' flawed code is responsible, it's as if they did.

If the exploit method is what I think it is, it's hardly even an exploit, it's just complete ignorance on the coder's part. Like, perhaps, one "View Source" shy of just putting an "exploit site" button at the top of every page.

Fur Affinity needs a competent coder or this will just continue to happen.

timoran

Banned
Banned
By the way. I would not leap to the conclusion that anyone discussing FA's problems are the people who are actually deleting comments they shouldn't be able to delete.

Anyone could figure out and abuse this flaw, and I suspect probably a large number of people were doing it.

TheKidiKehT

Admin Mode: "We fucked up, we let it go, we're going to half code fix the problem and open the site back up while we say that we attempt to find the culprits while we're actually just going to work on the next pointless site feature for you all to exploit and make a mockery of us all."

Wet Coyote

Admin Mode: "We fucked up, we let it go, we're going to half code fix the problem and open the site back up while we say that we attempt to find the culprits while we're actually just going to work on the next pointless site feature for you all to exploit and make a mockery of us all."

Ahh, they will go on, like those before them, and code for Microsoft...

KaiFox

NHL 11...you don't understand.
Aren't we all just used to this by now? I'm not surprised by any means to come home and see that, once again, something's wrong with FA. :V *rolls eyes*

EDIT: Oh yay, now i can't use it at all. Goddamn, get your shit together. >:

Ship-Wreck

Aspiring Toy Designer!
Come on now. While yes, the outages, and shut downs, and hacks/exploits are unbelievably irritating, you can't just go off and make them out to be incompetent or anything like that. Remember, the admins are people too, and they make mistakes. Plus, they don't require us to pay for usage and we can actually post the adult rated material we all like. Yes, it is inconvenient for us furs who have no life outside of furaffinity, but remember, if it weren't for these people, there would be no furaffinity at all. If it upsets you so much that the one coder can't make the world turn and doesn't shit rainbows and butterflies, then go to college, learn to code yourself, and offer up all your free time for no charge to help out.

Come on, you have to give them credit for the work they accomplish, and not make such a big deal about minor fuck-ups. After all, it could be worse. We all know we dont want another 2-month outage.

Gothhana

~Pineapple Princess Esmé~
I just hope it goes up soon. :/ I'm done my next commission. lol... >_> And yeah i hope they either fix the exploit or remove the feature. i thought it was a nice one, since some fuzzies are kinda rude at times... But yeah if it isn't gonna be stable, just remove it.

timoran

Banned
Banned
This will not be a quick fix. They are going to have to actually code this feature the proper way it was supposed to be coded in the first place before the site can be unlocked.

I'm betting on Sunday at the earliest.

Rossyfox

Banned
Banned
Come on, you have to give them credit for the work they accomplish, and not make such a big deal about minor fuck-ups. After all, it could be worse. We all know we dont want another 2-month outage.

No. This was like, a really basic exploit. They shouldn't have rolled out such a badly coded feature.

They also still have not admitted that this is the reason for the site being down.

TheKidiKehT

This will not be a quick fix. They are going to have to actually code this feature the proper way it was supposed to be coded in the first place before the site can be unlocked.

Here's how we can tell, if we see a post in the site status for an outage! =D

That's about all the site status is good for at this point XP

KaiFox

NHL 11...you don't understand.

Well, least we got the laff meet tomorrow....lol.

Rossyfox

Banned
Banned

Or they could just roll back the feature until they recode it. Sure, that would mean an embarrassing about face for them, but when half of us don't even want to use this feature why should we suffer just to cover up the fact that they got it wrong the first time around?

timoran

Banned
Banned
you can't just go off and make them out to be incompetent or anything like that.

Yes, I can.

A coder who allows any comments to be deleted with a LINK is incompetent. Someone who made a mistake like that on a large scale site like this in the professional coding world would never work again.

It's sort of like if the key fob to your car had your VIN number inside, and if you find another car and change the VIN in your key fob to match, you could open that car.

Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.