• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Main Site Trolling against group pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingman

Inquisitor of the Radical Ordo
Just want to know if anything can be done about this? Right-wing/ Alt-right groups have been having their members use the shout boxes of left wing groups to harass and troll them. And when reported for it, the shout boxes are disabled. While the right-wing groups that do the trolling and harassment are free to continue operating. This is effectively punishing and silencing the people and groups getting harassed rather than addressing the actual problem.

Last edited:

Kingman

I think you should certainly post a link to those.
The issue I have is people are abusing the moderator response to lock shout boxes in response to harassment. And all it does is punish the victim being harassed. So I'd like to see at the very least locked left wing groups be reopened for shouts to be posted and another way implemented to address harassment on the main site.

quoting_mungo

I think you should certainly post a link to those.
The issue I have is people are abusing the moderator response to lock shout boxes in response to harassment. And all it does is punish the victim being harassed. So I'd like to see at the very least locked left wing groups be reopened for shouts to be posted and another way implemented to address harassment on the main site.
Do you know that the group owners want this, though? I can only speak for when I was on staff, obviously, but I can’t recall any case where staff disabled (and kept disabled) shouts on a profile against the explicit wishes of the account holder.

I get that it’s frustrating to see, but if it’s a systematic/concentrated effort to post abuse from enough accounts that it’s not feasible to address the situation with blocking alone, taking away the ability for people to post abuse for a time (until the jackasses forget about it, basically) may be the only reasonable recourse.

I’m also going to point out that what exactly is done to address the behavior of an offender is not going to be readily apparent to other users in many cases. There’s a system of e.g. warnings in place, and no one but staff and the person receiving the warning will know about those unless the recipient chooses to make it public.

Charleslr'93

Just want to know if anything can be done about this? Right-wing/ Alt-right groups have been having their members use the shout boxes of left wing groups to harass and troll them. And when reported for it, the shout boxes are disabled. While the right-wing groups that do the trolling and harassment are free to continue operating. This is effectively punishing and silencing the people and groups getting harassed rather than addressing

I have a library of over 600 screenshots and archived comment threads showcasing the abuses perpetrated by right-wing users and groups, if anyone wishes to see. I have been documenting this stuff for the past four years and I am frankly appalled that Furaffinity mods allow people like this to use the site.
600 screenshots over the past four years, yet you only joined as of extremely recently. Unless you've been banned and have been coming back to troll, or lying, this comment makes about as much sense as using a pencil to hammer a toothpick into a two by four.

Yastreb

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I have a library of over 600 screenshots and archived comment threads showcasing the abuses perpetrated by right-wing users and groups, if anyone wishes to see. I have been documenting this stuff for the past four years and I am frankly appalled that Furaffinity mods allow people like this to use the site.
600 screenshots? if you took as much time and effort fixing your shitty groups and ensuring they don't harass people in the first place, maybe you wouldn't get harassed that much

Kingman

Except there's nothing to fix on the left wing groups. And it's solely the right wing groups doing the aggressive harassment.

galaxyrailways219

Banned
Banned
600 screenshots over the past four years, yet you only joined as of extremely recently. Unless you've been banned and have been coming back to troll, or lying, this comment makes about as much sense as using a pencil to hammer a toothpick into a two by four.
I joined years ago, thank you. It's best not to lash out at people before you know anything about them.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Go harass people somewhere else
If that's what you call harassment, then I'm not convinced much of the screenshots you've been hoarding are really that either. Again maybe don't be the most obnoxious people on the planet and you won't have to come play the victim when everyone hates you in return.

galaxyrailways219

Banned
Banned
If that's what you call harassment, then I'm not convinced much of the screenshots you've been hoarding are really that either. Again maybe don't be the most obnoxious people on the planet and you won't have to come play the victim when everyone hates you in return.
>calls me the most obnoxious person on the planet
>obnoxiously ignores the example I posted

This'll take a while so be patient, but I'm going to compile & post all the screenshots I have. Be warned, a lot of them are a lot to take in (graphic threats of violence, slurs, all sorts of nasty stuff. I'm pretty sure I know who Frank Gulotta is btw, unless he has something to add to the conversation I'll be ignoring him. You probably should too.)

Last edited:

galaxyrailways219

Banned
Banned
Frank is a known alt right supporter. So it's hard to take him seriously. But he does prove my point, about the alt right and their harassment.
Yeah he's not arguing in good faith, that much is clear. If you have any screenshots to share while I compile everything, now would be a good time to do so

Status
Not open for further replies.