• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Trolls invading? Admins not doing their job?

Are there too many trolls joining?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• I have no Say in the matter.

• I am one of these trolls.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Just noticing that there are numberous trolls (most from artplz) joining the forums and the actual beta site. The admins don't seem to be doing a damn thing... Why? Jheryn is too busy to notice! Killy is busy as well! Yonke doesn't have adminstrator in the forums! Preyfar? THESE ARE HIS FRIENDS! To my knowledge, Preyfar is too soft and actually sides with these trolls! Preyfar does nothing to the messages these trolls leave, but he complains when people try to get on the trolls' cases!

About IRC... Why did Suule lose his OP? Because he was framed by one of the trolls who doesn't even go into #FA! He just went in there that one time to piss Suule off and frame him! Suule is a great OP And would be a better Admin than preyfar! What the hell is up!?

I bet my fucking tail that preyfar removes this message because he doesn't like that I know the TRUTH!

I'm going to talk to Jheryn about Preyfar's lack of ability to comprehend the difference between harrassment and pointing out harrassment.

TehSean

weasyl.com/profile/naoki
From your point of view, I imagine I am a troll because *I don't agree with you*

_Voted: I am a troll.

wut

G

Go to Hell Pico, I'll see to it you're fucking banned to the ends of the earth from this site. You always cause shit and get away with it all because you're friends with a corrupt admin!

Weelll excuse me!

Suule lost his ops because he banned me for a flippant comment!

PS I doubt 'far will delete this because you just embarrased yourself.

Pico

Latex said:
Go to Hell Pico, I'll see to it you're fucking banned to the ends of the earth from this site. You always cause shit and get away with it all because you're friends with a corrupt admin!

I am not friends with Preyfar or Jheryn, btw :*)

wut

TehSean

weasyl.com/profile/naoki
You are not an admin, Latex. Please explain how a normal user will get someone banned from a website?

Will you prod Pico into retalation against you to get her banned for her offhand response? .. I don't think that'd work and you'd get yourself banned for obscene harrassment or something similar.

Edit: Also, I am a furry artist, so it's really unlikely that I'm going to seriously troll anyone. If asking questions and seeking understanding is trolling, then I guess I forgot what it meant to be Furry.

furry

I'm sure your problems with Preyfar don't have anything to do with the fact he called you out on your name calling, rumor spreading, trolling attempts.

Btw, didn't Preyfar BAN Pico ? OMG favoritism ;_;

Apartheid

I can assure you that Suule is someone that wouldn't know how to handle running a website, let alone be able to engage in social interactions without making a complete failure of himself.

squnq

Man I think it's in the best interests of everybody if Suule has no association with the site anyways.

http://www.livejournal.com/community/furaffinity/58426.html#comments

With examples like that, it's clear that he does an incredibly efficient job of making everyone from FA look like complete idiots.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Latex said:
Just noticing that there are numberous trolls (most from artplz) joining the forums and the actual beta site. The admins don't seem to be doing a damn thing... Why? Jheryn is too busy to notice! Killy is busy as well! Yonke doesn't have adminstrator in the forums! Preyfar? THESE ARE HIS FRIENDS! To my knowledge, Preyfar is too soft and actually sides with these trolls! Preyfar does nothing to the messages these trolls leave, but he complains when people try to get on the trolls' cases!
There are always going to be trolls, much like there are always going to be assholes. Unfortunately, this is the internet, and it's easy to get away with it.

However, trolling is not a "set in stone" standard. There are hundreds of ways to troll, and each one has to be looked at from an outside view. Is this just a harsh, brutally honest criticism or an attempt to incite a riot? Is this person attemping to cause trouble or attemping to harm the system.

I have deleted and removed more posts than I would ever have liked to, especially on the LJ. I do not like censorship, and I abhor having to take measures to do that. But I have, and will continue to when things are fit.

If I were to ban everybody for being an asshole or posting something another person disagreed with I'd not only ban every user on this site, but I'd have to be ban myself as well.

Implosions only help new galaxies form, not websites, not forums. When I make a judgement, I try to make it based on how it affects the community before the user. I try to be fair, but it's impossible to make everybody happy.

Latex said:
About IRC... Why did Suule lose his OP? Because he was framed by one of the trolls who doesn't even go into #FA! He just went in there that one time to piss Suule off and frame him! Suule is a great OP And would be a better Admin than preyfar! What the hell is up!?
Suule was removed because he was too hard. Suule is also a friend of mine, and I hated having to make a decision against a friend, but I'm not afraid to. Unfortunately, he was taking comments by certain individuals too personally, which is far easy to do.

Latex said:
I bet my fucking tail that preyfar removes this message because he doesn't like that I know the TRUTH!
Then you're going to owe me your tail. :)

I appreciate truth more than anybody, and I've been honest with the community about the decisions FA has made as well as the status it has taken. I've not at any point tried to brush up any mistakes or try to hide the shortcomings the site has experienced, nor will experience.

Latex said:
I'm going to talk to Jheryn about Preyfar's lack of ability to comprehend the difference between harrassment and pointing out harrassment.
When pointing out harassment, the first thing you request is that I ban the person who has upset you. I can not do that unless the person has crossed exceptional lines, but in each case in which you have pointed me, I have seen evidence that you have fanned on the problem worse with your responses.

Sigil

Any obnoxiousness displayed by Pico and supposed 'company' pales in comparison to the absolutely agonizing lack of tact and self restraint I have seen from the thread creator. It is not enough that it is apparently nescissary to react to the persons they clearly have a burning personal vendetta but the individual must also deposit gems like these like moist, warm road apples in the forums in a vain effort to bring others to their overly zealous and blindingly irritating point of view.

It is not nescissary to self style ones self as the sole saviour of a developing archive from the supposed scourge of the internet, especially when one is in no way shape or form an authority in the community nor are they doing any favours by goading this special brand of mind numbingly pointless 'x is evil' tripe into perpetuation.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Ursus_Amplus said:
Furry said:
Btw, didn't Preyfar BAN Pico ? OMG favoritism ;_;

Bampersanding favouritism!

Win!
I didn't permanently ban Pico, but I did remove an alternate account she created. Pico has been helpful in exposion some issues with FA, and while I don't approve of her actions more often than not, she's been more than helpful in fixing things.

On the FA Beta, I encourage people to break anything and everything they possibly can, and let us know so we can work to getting a fix for it. Using exploits repeatedly over and over once they've been uncovered and reported is when things cross the lines, and I'll step in at that point.

I just totally love these threads, the way they're so intentionally designed to cause an explosion. I mean seriously, from the guy that wrote the 'Peace Treaty (No Bashing)' thread to chief troll himself.

It buggers belief that someone can do that - when in all seriousness most of these so called 'trolls' are actually working for the betterment of FA, by reporting the bugs. And, they have no real ill feelings towards FA.

Pico, the supposed primary troll, who was banned even has the common decency to put a great big 'bugs' listing up of things that she found that were broken. It's frustrating and amusing dealing with people like latex who have grand illusions of being more than a minor insignificant cog in the works, when in reality all that happens is they explode and cause a lot of amusement from the very people that prod was aimed at. Seriously, the whole group that was aimed at is seriously laughing hard at you now, because you have a flair for embarrasing yourself!

I just wanted you to know that.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Latex said:
Latex, I'm going to give you one last warning. I'm all for free speech, but attacking people will not go warranted here. Keep it civil or it won't be kept here at all.

You are not an admin, and you are not going to "see to it" that anybody is going to be banned with behavior like that. If you disagree with my action then you may take it up with Jheryn, but if you persist in taking hostile action against others on this forum, I'm going to take it up with you.

G

Man, fuck you Preyfar. You're full of shit yourself. I removed my FA works and everything. I'm leaving FA and getting my friends to leave it to. It's a shithole now, you know that?

and I will say this right out.

I do not like you preyfar.

You know why I requested ban? BECAUSE THEY REPEATEDLY OFFENDED YOU DICKWEED! Gods! I'm off this stupid fucked up site. Good luck, but I doubt the site will survive, it will turn into a troll pithole and many artists will leave from being insulted or having their work stolen. Good ridance, moron.

squnq

Latex said:
Man, fuck you Preyfar. You're full of shit yourself. I removed my FA works and everything. I'm leaving FA and getting my friends to leave it to. It's a shithole now, you know that?

and I will say this right out.

I do not like you preyfar.

You know why I requested ban? BECAUSE THEY REPEATEDLY OFFENDED YOU DICKWEED! Gods! I'm off this stupid fucked up site. Good luck, but I doubt the site will survive, it will turn into a troll pithole and many artists will leave from being insulted or having their work stolen. Good ridance, moron.
oh you crazy little diamond

wut

lol furry

Status
Not open for further replies.