• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Trouble Logging In/Password Problems

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
omegaxeno said:
Hi,
same Problem here. It keeps saying "Could not locate user!" while I try to get a new PW -_-
Omega,

I attempted to e-mail you at your registered FA address (@web.de) but your e-mail bounced. I saw you have an AIM name listed. I will attempt to contact you there.

omegaxeno

Hmm,
i changed the old adress omegaxeno@web.de to omegaxeno@arcor.de...strange:-?

anyway, send me an AIM mesage or an email to the AOL account (omegathexeno@aol.com)

thx

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
omegaxeno said:
Hmm,
i changed the old adress omegaxeno@web.de to omegaxeno@arcor.de...strange:-?

anyway, send me an AIM mesage or an email to the AOL account (omegathexeno@aol.com)

thx
Since you changed the address, do you have any way to prove that you are, in fact, the account holder?

omegaxeno

On my userpage I provided an hotmail (MSN) adress -> omegathexeno@hotmail.de
Since you have automativally an e-mail account with your MSN messenger account you can safely sent the data there.

Or i could tell you my old password if you can look it up somewhere (old database backup?)

Dam

RE: Trouble Logging In?

Dragoneer said:
Everybody who posted on this thread for help should have received an e-mail from dragoneer@thedragoneer.com. If not, please e-mail me to arrange for help. I'll getcha squared away!

Huu, I didn't received it and I don't know if you received the notes I sent you (email, pm...). :wink:

ADMIN NOTE - Contacted by Dragoneer to arrange a reset.

Xhyra

I'm having a completely different issue this morning. As of about 4 hours ago I was able to log in just fine, but now I am receiving the message "You have typed in an erronous username or password, please try again...". My user name and password are stored locally so I know I'm not putting them in wrong, has my acount been deleted?

=
[ed./u2k]: PM sent...

FireWolf209

Xhyra said:
I'm having a completely different issue this morning. As of about 4 hours ago I was able to log in just fine, but now I am receiving the message "You have typed in an erronous username or password, please try again...". My user name and password are stored locally so I know I'm not putting them in wrong, has my acount been deleted?

I am also having the same problem. I also tried every combination of e-mail address for the "forgot password" and I keep getting I don't exist.

=
[ed./u2k]: PM sent...

uncia2000

FireWolf209 said:
I am also having the same problem. I also tried every combination of e-mail address for the "forgot password" and I keep getting I don't exist.

Your email addy has changed since you registered on the mainsite: other info tallies, though. PM sent...

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
FireWolf209 said:
Please check your optonline e-mail account.

djtel

Im getting the "could not locate user" deal as well. If anyone could help me out with this it'd be great.

my email is: djtel_@hotmail.com

[ed./u2k] fixed. :)

ITOMIC

Yeah I am now also. Whats the deal? I can't log in now. It says I don't exist. Uhm, last time I checked I do. Please fix this.

My email is: ITOMIC_Research@Hotmail.com

My Account is under the name "ITOMIC"

uncia2000

ITOMIC said:
Yeah I am now also. Whats the deal? I can't log in now. It says I don't exist. Uhm, last time I checked I do. Please fix this.

My email is: ITOMIC_Research@Hotmail.com

My Account is under the name "ITOMIC"

For anyone who has tried requesting a new password, the problem is usually that hotmail (, yahoo, comcast, etc.) are very bad at filtering out account change emails sent by FA. We know those are being sent, but very often not being received.

Hellkat

TF Author Extraordinaire!
User name is Hellkat, e-mail is bladedestroyer@hotmail.com, and even with a password reset I can't log in for some reason, and the page linked to in the first post gives me a 404 error.

(The wiki link on the first post is 404 because that was hacked... fix incoming at lower priority. Our lil' community has been a big target recently...)

Last edited:

Moonfire

All right....
Try to login, get told password not correct. Have the thing send the e-mail to my account. Get the reset code and put it in the form. Fill in the form, using the exact same e-mail address I just received the reset code at and..."Please re-type your data... Information about your account could not be found..."

moonfire - tikaani@gmail.com

[ed./u2k] email sent.

Rayeth

I need help logging in as well. Also I can't seem to reset my password. It's not the "Can not find username" error or whatever it says. But that I have not been recieving the e-mails for the new password. I put all my spam into a specific folder, and I use roadrunner which doesn't block spam. I'm just not getting the e-mail.

EDIT: Ok, I just got the e-mail, now it is saying "Please re-type your data... Information about your account could not be found..."

the addy is pepino@cfl.rr.com
username is Rayeth

KusacWolf

Yeah, I can't log in, and I'm KusacWolf, my email kusac_wolf@hotmail.com. It won't recognize my name, and my email isn't working for it either. It just says it can not find the user and all that.

[ed./u2k] email sent.

Circus

I too am having trouble. My password seems to have been removed (I guess because it was all letters.)

so now, when I try to get a new password. I put in the verification code I got in the email on the "forgot your password?" page, type in my username and password.

then my new password. and click the ol' reset password button, and I get this message:

"Please re-type your data... Information about your account could not be found..."

uh.. help?

[edit] it'd help if my username was on here. circus - charredremains@hotmail.com

[ed./u2k] email sent.

yak

Site Developer
Administrator
i may ask a very silly question - but does character case matters on yahoo mail addies?

Hulex

Kid Internet
Basically having the same problem as everyone else here. Can't log in or reset my password :/

[ed./u2k] email sent.

moredena

[split] Account Security - Friendly Reminder!

FA lost my username...? Or at least, it wont let me sign in and when it sent me the code and I tried to change my password, it said that it couldn't find my user name.

I am confused.

Help????

Merry Christmas!

Moredena