• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Trouble Ticket Policy for Site Admins?

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Back to absent admins (again.)
I take it that the admins in question have not responded to this issue privately with any of you three, nor have they either managed to log onto their own staff IRC. Seeing as one of them streams art every other day, it's kind of inexcusable.

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/2080847/#cid:17008627

Basically there are people in our staff in the chatroom (IRC) admitting they haven't done work. Yet. They. Are. Still. There.

Alstor

And twice as shiny
I'm at work so I don't know. I think there was a next week iirc and 10 day warning to inactive admins.
So the staff basically have to drag their feet out? Can't they just do the right thing and resign themselves or are they too scared to lose their paper badge?

Inept admins, if you're reading this and wondering why so many people are against you, stuff like this is why.

EDIT: And a "This" to Aurora/MP.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
There may be info I'm missing because I'm not active on the chat/ims right now, I'm at work.

And Alstor, that's what I really don't get myself. I keep seeing it where "you know I am not active that much anymore" yeah like 2 years not really active. What is the problem when one can simply de-admin oneself?

Sometimes what I wonder is if they want to keep status because it helps them get exclusive info behind the scenes like some backstage pass.

Freehaven

Dammit.
So, some of these admins haven't regularly worked on the site in around two years, and now they're given an extra week and a half to stay on in a position they haven't done anything with?

Goddammit, 'Neerhaven.

There may be info I'm missing because I'm not active on the chat/ims right now, I'm at work.

And Alstor, that's what I really don't get myself. I keep seeing it where "you know I am not active that much anymore" yeah like 2 years not really active. What is the problem when one can simply de-admin oneself?

Sometimes what I wonder is if they want to keep status because it helps them get exclusive info behind the scenes like some backstage pass.

To be honest that is what I always thought. :| If I had the choice of lurking behind the scenes and gathering dirt on everyone without doing any work for it, I'd take it in a heartbeat. This is why I'd never make a good admin for any large or well known place. Because that would probably be all I would do!

Corto

Hell, it's what I do on the forums. Good thing the people only care about mainsite administration.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
Hell, it's what I do on the forums. Good thing the people only care about mainsite administration.

Are you saying your signature is a lie!? We have been bamboozled.

What would be the point of sitting there idle and watching stuff happen without actually telling anyone about it. Is it like a free soap opera or something?

"All my Furry Children"

Heimdal

has a sexy learning disability
Does anybody have any knowledge of this new policy? Is "Extreme Secrecy" going to be part of it?

I have a very strong feeling that it will. And for the couple people it benefits, it will leave the users flailing for answers at least as much as we do now.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
Does anybody have any knowledge of this new policy? Is "Extreme Secrecy" going to be part of it?

I have a very strong feeling that it will. And for the couple people it benefits, it will leave the users flailing for answers at least as much as we do now.

I personally want to see what goes on behind the scenes sometimes- especially if nothing is getting done so we know who to go to directly. Having people be behind a curtain seems shady at best.

Accountability

Enthusiastic Downloader
A ten day warning that was SO not deserved, but at this point whatever float's 'Neer's boat.

Why do I get the feeling that the ones receiving the warning will do the bare minimum to show they're "active" over the next 10 days, and then go inactive again, only to be warned again and have the cycle repeat itself in a few months?

No. They've had plenty of warning. This has been going on for two years. Why is Dragoneer so against just removing them?

Since previous discussions about this involved a "strict NDA policy", I'd imagine you're right. And doing things like Arshes and Pinkuh and Witchie did in this thread would probably be a removable offense, seeing how Dragoneer reacted to them.

Freehaven

Dammit.
Why is Dragoneer so against just removing them?

He doesn't want to hurt their feelings.

You know, the feelings of the admins he hired to do a job which they have failed to do regularly for around two years.

Seriously, 'Neer - pity is not a valid excuse. If they're not doing the job, fire them. Simple as that.

Since previous discussions about this involved a "strict NDA policy", I'd imagine you're right. And doing things like Arshes and Pinkuh and Witchie did in this thread would probably be a removable offense, seeing how Dragoneer reacted to them.

That doesn't need to happen. Transparency, not secrecy, is what is needed from this point forward. Trying to hide things and prevent people from speaking out for fear of losing their admin spot (or worse) is just going to exacerbate the situation.

ShadowWalker

The Dark Protector
Why is Dragoneer so against just removing them?

Cause that would mean him either:

A) Having to truly admit that there is a problem
B) Having to get rid of popu-furs or friends of his that are admins
c) Having to, as some might see it, "give in" to the drama.
D) Any/all of the above

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
The policy of removing them should be IMMEDIATELY, not given 10 days to respond...those lazy admins had THREE YEARS to show they actually give two shits about being responsible and helping the site.

And I second the bullshit pity Freehaven mentioned is not acceptable, especially when the mentioned staff I listed earlier don't do anything.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
I wouldn't sign an NDA anyways. Before the "OMG" I'd sign an MNDA. NDAs screw over artists, MNDAs are for the benefit of both parties.

MandertehPander

That backstabbing betch.
Cause that would mean him either:

A) Having to truly admit that there is a problem
B) Having to get rid of popu-furs or friends of his that are admins
c) Having to, as some might see it, "give in" to the drama.
D) Any/all of the above

And/Or

Dragoneer simply wants to avoid the inevitable "WHY DID YOU REMOVE ME FROM STAFF? I THOUGHT I WAS DOING A FINE JOB. I WAS DOING MY JOB JUST FINE. WHY DIDN'T YOU FIRE "OTHER WORTHLESS ADMIN"?! YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE FOR TAKING AWAY MY "@" SYMBOL!!!" confrontation.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
And/Or

Dragoneer simply wants to avoid the inevitable "WHY DID YOU REMOVE ME FROM STAFF? I THOUGHT I WAS DOING A FINE JOB. I WAS DOING MY JOB JUST FINE. WHY DIDN'T YOU FIRE "OTHER WORTHLESS ADMIN"?! YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE FOR TAKING AWAY MY "@" SYMBOL!!!" confrontation.

If an admin actually goes on a BAAWWWW fest like that I will lose faith in the site as a whole... People with the notion they are doing a good job by doing nothing need to be slapped.

MandertehPander

That backstabbing betch.
I honestly expect nothing different based on what i've heard in this thread.

Namely the ones who gloated about doing jack shit in the IRC and getting away with it. They're the ones going to make the biggest scene. Oh, and somehow become increasingly active in the next ten days :3

Last edited:

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
That doesn't need to happen. Transparency, not secrecy, is what is needed from this point forward. Trying to hide things and prevent people from speaking out for fear of losing their admin spot (or worse) is just going to exacerbate the situation.

Well I'm caught in the middle here. Every time there is some headway into trying to be more transparent or open, people overly scrutinize it, nitpick everything. It's to the point of just being frustrated and wondering even why do it.

On the other hand yes, we should be giving out information in a better or more centralized manner. I think everyone has been well intending as a PR but given the crowd it just becomes insane. I mean at least when DA pulls crap those people were getting paid to deal with it XD Granted I know this is a volunteer effort but man...I can see why some of the way things are handled with some secrecy are now.

By centralized I don't look at most of the staff's facebook, twitters and other side stuff because from my viewpoint I really kinda don't give a crap, it's more of an off site and allowing that admin to have their "sandbox" away from here.

We have a lot of tools to communicate. We have forums,IMs, Chat, PMs email, The Forums and Gmail has a Calendar. We even have an LJ if something goes down. But some reason, time and time again it's still scattered. Half the time I hate the staff IRC on for the main site because there's so much clutter.... or I gotta ride the SCROOOOOOLLLL Train to keep track of events not being posted elsewhere. And that's WHY a lot of skirmishes or outbreaks occur amongst admins, because of this decentralization. That's why I got tired of it and started generating my own personal email list for the forum staff.

And really I'm not cut out for PR at least in my opinion. I don't envy the person who would have to put up with it.

Redregon

Banned
Banned
honestly? what i think this site needs (if Dragoneer isn't up to the task of being the meanie) is an H.R. rep. someone to do the dirty work of keeping track of tickets handled, complaints and keeping tabs on who's not pulling their weight and doing the deed of demoting those that aren't willing or able to do their job.

they'd need someone that'd be able to handle being called nasty shit and just doesn't give a rat's ass about how the other staff members see them.

at least that way he can remain on somewhat good terms with those that need to be booted.

Last edited:

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
I honestly expect nothing different based on what i've heard in this thread.

Namely the ones who gloated about doing jack shit in the IRC and getting away with it. They're the ones going to make the biggest scene. Oh, and somehow become increasingly active in the next ten days :3

Not to mention unfair. Now we give them an extended break while newer staff never had this extension at all. It just gives those around longer more "seniority rights".

Diocletian

Banned
Banned
I cannot but imagine, as people have said, that the idle admins may lurch into life for little while, and then getting the policy enforced will become a protracted struggle: dragging out the issue over weeks and months.

The presence of Wicht, Kyoujin, Glaide, Silver R. Wolfe and Bijoux de Foxxe as administrators on this site is toxic. They need to go immediately.

The fact that none of them has had the decency to resign after 2+ years of nothing worth mentioning, by itself indicates they are not suitable to be on staff, because they cannot or will not recognize that they are damaging the rest of the staff and the wider community of FA by their presence as roadblocks.

Have any of them even tried to justify or explain why they deserve to stay after being inactive so long?

I've certainly seen Kyoujin, Silver R. Wolfe, Glaide and Wicht all show some sign of activity over the past few days on the mainsite (just things like making shouts, +faving things or deleting a shout) and yet they will not communicate with the community they're notionally stewarding. This shows where their priorities lie: skulking behind the scenes, sullenly attempting to cling onto their @ till the end.

I have nothing against them as people, but in their role they are toxic.

Dragoneer, if you let this drag out, people are going think the worse of your abilities as an admin/leader for it, even if you finally do release them. Do what is right and let them go now.

GreenReaper

Rambling Norn
This has been a very painful thread to read through. It's clear there has been a severe breakdown of trust. It's also clear that many of those involved have worked long and hard to maintain FA for the good of the community.

My personal feeling is that any administrator who cannot fulfill their duties should resign. However, keeping internal matters confidential is one of these duties.

You can't have your cake and eat it. If you disagree with the boss, your choice is to suck it up, or to leave. Don't try to publicly hold them to ransom. Make their choice crystal clear in private - either they go, or you do - and be prepared to back it up.

Is there the risk that resigning will harm the site? Sure. But threads like this harm it too - not just because they're a PR nightmare, but because they deepen internal divides and undermine authority.

Last edited: