• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Trouble Ticket Policy for Site Admins?

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public

Freehaven

Dammit.
just counting those days....

I don't know why you're bothering. They had years to get their act together; an extra few days isn't going to change things. Those admins might make a mad dash at showing marginal improvement when the deadline nears, but after it passes, they'll fall back into the same apathetic position they were in before, content that their position is safe for another two or three years.

Get Dragoneer to dump the worthless admins now. They're not worth waiting for.

EDIT: Yes, I realize I posted again after I said I wouldn't. See? I made a mistake, and now I'm admitting it. Let's see Dragoneer do the same thing.

Last edited:

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
Looking at the tickets, seems some idle admins are still...idle...

just counting those days....

Day nine: they all leap into action and take care of 25 TTs each, then go back into slumber
forums explode with rage
fender's head on a pole
etc.

CerbrusNL

I am legion, for we are many.

Browder

Wishes He could Fly
Day nine: they all leap into action and take care of 25 TTs each, then go back into slumber
forums explode with rage
fender's head on a pole
etc.
Is it bad that I laughed at that? Probably because it hits a little close to home.

And at this point there's no use worrying. If one thing doesn't happen the other will. Simple as that. FA may be understaffed but it took action.

Ricky

That's easier said than done...

I don't see why... It's all a matter of handling the admin crap.

Sometimes you gotta tell someone to GTFO. Not a job I would want to do, but that's what it entails.

I have a feeling a lot of the trouble is because a lot of people here are friends. People tend to take things like this personally and that makes it hard to do.

I may be way off on that one, but I doubt it.

Redregon

Banned
Banned
I don't see why... It's all a matter of handling the admin crap.

Sometimes you gotta tell someone to GTFO. Not a job I would want to do, but that's what it entails.

I have a feeling a lot of the trouble is because a lot of people here are friends. People tend to take things like this personally and that makes it hard to do.

I may be way off on that one, but I doubt it.

naw, i think you're pretty much right on the money... people tend to forget the number one rule of being a site admin: if you're expecting to make friends because of the position, you're doing your job wrong. not to mention the people that would be "you're my friend" because you're an admin isn't "being friendly" it's "sucking up." (and really, if you have to surround yourself with people that will be willing to suck up to you because of your rank or whatever, you really should be going to a therapist instead of an art site.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Meanwhile watch people who do 800-900 tickets in 3 months burnout and get fed up...oh wait...

I mean the fact that really no repercussions for the inactivity have happened. There were, but it's the opposite of what was supposed to be accomplished.

10 day extension then gone is not any kind of discipline towards those that became lax in the first place.

As I said, extremely hesitant. But this is what happens when certain choices were made.

Diocletian

Banned
Banned
So I see Witchiebunny has resigned as an admin, according to her journal on FA.

Active admins are leaving while lazy ones are staying.

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
The BFF nonsense and letting emotions between Dragoneer and the inactive mods must not be allowed to get in the way of inaction of the worthless staff being let go...it's simply not fair for those who do it out of obligation of the site and not letting friendship emotions get in the way.

Dump them, now.

Kantress

Honest answer:

I'm hesitantly giving the 10 day period over a try. If he does not get rid of inactive staff or we see mediocrity, it's likely discussions for a strike would be done. As I said on my journal I'm willing to work with him and give him that chance. I was more stern because I don't appreciate staff members being threatened.

In a sense an HR role has been placed on me because I seem to be doing this on behalf of staff. Please note this is not my official role But being the head forum admins means I'm the training manager in a sense since these people become main site admins. I can't do much about appointees that skip the process.

So, you admit that you as well overreacted, and you apologize for making the threat to strike if inactive admins were not fired by yesterday?

I'm also not sure if the policy was supposed to be public because the wording was funny iirc on that conversation on LJ. It's just that I think the policy is more importantly known amongst staff first rather than open for public scrutiny and niggling for whatever drama or agenda of the day. However, it should be spoken amongst staff if they see the other staff members engage in improper behavior and hold them accountable at least that keeps it cleaner and makes it more internal.

So, you don't have a problem if the code of conduct is secret? We're not supposed to know how the staff are supposed to behave? You're just adding to the problem. Haven't you learned one of the lessons of this thread's responses: less secrecy? This would be a really stupid thing to do, keep the code of conduct secret.

Last edited:

Ben

Banned
Banned
Really, if they were good friends, they would realize that it's for the good of the community and the staff that they either shape up or flat out leave. I honestly don't understand why Dragoneer would be so attached to people so desperate to cling to their status on a furry art site without deserving it.

Ricky

Really, if they were good friends, they would realize that it's for the good of the community and the staff that they either shape up or flat out leave.

You'd think that's the case from any practical sense but a lot of people don't look at it that way.

I know from running sites in the past a lot of people take pride in being called a mod or admin. A LOT of people ask to become one for some reason (maybe the title?) and then take it personally if you ask them to step down because they aren't doing anything.

If someone wants to become a mod or an admin though, they shouldn't look at it as a "badge" or position of authority but rather a commitment to volunteer X amount of their time. If they don't want to do that work they shouldn't ask for it.

People don't always think from a practical sense; that's why you need people to handle all the admin crap. I'm *not* saying it's easy, especially when people take stuff personally, but that's just what has to get done.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
So I see Witchiebunny has resigned as an admin, according to her journal on FA.

Active admins are leaving while lazy ones are staying.

She's going to work with me on the forums.

I'll try to get things done on forum end so long as people ask before installing things...

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
So, you admit that you as well overreacted, and you apologize for making the threat to strike if inactive admins were not fired by yesterday?

No, I didn't overreact.

So, you don't have a problem if the code of conduct is secret? We're not supposed to know how the staff are supposed to behave? You're just adding to the problem. Haven't you learned one of the lessons of this thread's responses: less secrecy? This would be a really stupid thing to do, keep the code of conduct secret.

Read other posts before making quote wars. It's one of the things that becomes really obnoxious and tiresome.

Kantress

That's easier said than done...

No, wrong. It's quite easy. "So-and-so, you are de-admined. Goodbye." is what he needs to say to each of the staff being fired. Then he needs to use his super-admin Control Panel and do it. Or, he could do it before and send the message afterwards. Anyway, what does that take, 2 minutes of CP usage and maybe 5-10 to note or e-mail the inactive admins? That's very easy.

She's going to work with me on the forums.

I'll try to get things done on forum end so long as people ask before installing things...

I thought the forums were fine because of your leadership and competent staff, and the real problem was the main site.

No, I didn't overreact.

Read other posts before making quote wars. It's one of the things that becomes really obnoxious and tiresome.

Well, you're not doing it, so either you overreacted in anger or you say things you don't intend on following through on. Also, my apologies. I should have read the entire thread first. I made an irresponsible decision to make replies before I read the rest of the unread posts.

Last edited:

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Really? We need the nitpick game so we can start looking like we're bickering amongst each other?

I mean really, that's what you want?

For the record, neither me or my forum staff banned Pi. However, I would like to also state no further discussions on bans should be posted here. (To prevent derailment).

Redregon

Banned
Banned
Really? We need the nitpick game so we can start looking like we're bickering amongst each other?

I mean really, that's what you want?

For the record, neither me or my forum staff banned Pi. However, I would like to also state no further discussions on bans should be posted here. (To prevent derailment).

well, there are some people that thrive on drama afterall... kinda sad, really... if that's all they have going for them, that's pretty sad.

though i wonder if this thread has served it's purpose. the issue is being dealt with and aside from an update after the 10-day grace period (which is do-able with it's own thread) it's not like keeping this thread up is doing much other than giving those that strive to stir shit up a venue to, well, try and stir shit up.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
though i wonder if this thread has served it's purpose. the issue is being dealt with and aside from an update after the 10-day grace period (which is do-able with it's own thread) it's not like keeping this thread up is doing much other than giving those that strive to stir shit up a venue to, well, try and stir shit up.

Fair enough but this thread makes a nice reminder every day of those 10 days that we're watching and fed up. ;)

Xenke

So, I have a question, about how many TTs come in every 10 day period?

Also, if every admin does the minimum amount of TTs every 10 days, what percentage of the average amount of TTs will be resolved?

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Good question. I'll have to start monitoring that and see that compared to the minimum.

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
I bet they'll spring to life for a few days and then go back to their usual incompetence.

CerbrusNL

I am legion, for we are many.
Just to elaborate on my "Easier said than done", for those that disagree:
If it were that easy to get 'neer to de-admin the inactive ones, would we be having this conversation?
Would this thread even exist, then? I think not.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Just for those in for the play by play :p

The tickets are being whittled down and seeing more activity from the admins, but I'll say it's mostly by admins that weren't the problem.