• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Trouble Ticket Policy for Site Admins?

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
Keep us informed on this situation Arshes, many of us are eager to see what happens at the end of the tunnel (day ten).

Ben

Banned
Banned
Just to elaborate on my "Easier said than done", for those that disagree:
If it were that easy to get 'neer to de-admin the inactive ones, would we be having this conversation?
Would this thread even exist, then? I think not.

It is easy though-- Just not for him, apparently.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Today's update.

Idle admin complains on the chat that he/she will be very busy and doesn't have time to answer tickets.
(we are all busy!)

Idle admin complains about not wanting to answer tickets. (Wants to use notes, which lack admin transparency)
We have new admins that have answered over 700 tickets since brought on.

Idle admin doesn't know what the rules are anymore.

Am I the only one that has a problem with this?

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Well at least this one is honest. /:

That's why there is the IRC to help clarify. But this admin chose to be mostly idle and not get clarification or read up on events.

This goes back to Dave's post keeping inactive admins on this long shows how out of touch they are with current policy.

Not only that, the behavior and excuses of this admin has made a corrosive effect. We were spending time arguing with that person and not working together to get things done.

Last time I had someone cause problems like that I removed them.

L

LizardKing

Idle admin complains on the chat that he/she will be very busy and doesn't have time to answer tickets.
(we are all busy!)

Idle admin complains about not wanting to answer tickets. (Wants to use notes, which lack admin transparency)

So they don't have time to do their job, don't want to do their job correctly, and don't know even know how to do their job.

A real credit to the team there :rolleyes:

Witchiebunny

A bunny who is Witchie
You know, as a newer admin, I should NOT have been more up on the rules than some of the most senior admins that had been there for YEARS. I would go into admin chat and ask for advice, and NONE of the idle admins would know anything about the situation, or even HOW to resolve it. That's terrible, and a blow to the morale of new admins. The vetted admins are supposed to be rocks for the newer admins and the community to stand on, not quicksand for them to drown in.

Heimdal

has a sexy learning disability
Train wreck!

It's terribly amusing, but I really empathize with you guys. Their excuses are reasons they should be fired! Even if they do the minimum they should be cut; they are unsuitable for the job.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
Too busy to do tickets, then de-admin yourself until you can do the tickets/work

Dont want to answer tickets but use notes, well you can use both, AFTER you answer the ticket as often time they will note you back on why they got in trouble

Dont know the rules, sorry that enough there show you really were just sitting in that seat pretty

Freehaven

Dammit.
Today's update.

(we are all busy!)

I would take issue with this, too. You have my support in whatever you do - and at this point, I wouldn't blame you or the other working admins one bit if you took a cue from Egypt and started treating 'Neer like Mubarak.

Armaetus

Today's update.

(we are all busy!)

You're not the only one, said idle admins should be removed if they're not gonna help. If they're gonna squander on their power they should give it to someone who ACTUALLY will make good use of it, not fucking sit on it as a boasting status symbol!

Last edited:

Xenke

Ok, so, I had more thoughts on this subject.

While the ideal solution to the TT issue is to have the inactive admins actually work on the TTs, it's becoming more and more apparent that that's not very likely.

So, what happens after that? Well, hopefully the admins that aren't pulling their weight get let go. Admins that aren't performing their duties are, quite frankly, security risks. It's all of the possibility of their accounts getting compromised, made worse by the fact that they don't keep in touch with the rest of the staff on things like "time to change our passwords" and such, without the benefits of resolving issues.

So, lets say that they're put out on the curb. Well, then that doesn't quite solve the problem, because then the staff is shorthanded.

So, realistically, it's a problem of getting useless admins out of the system, and pulling new ones in. Because the site needs enough admins that work hard enough to resolve TTs so that all of the staff can do their duties without a ridiculous backlog.

Honestly... I don't see either side of the issue being resolved, at least any time soon.

/ramble

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Letting them go doesn't make us shorthanded. It makes us work more. We can bring on more when ready, but having them around makes people more frustrated, and less productive.

The reason I'm focused on this issue is not because I'm ignoring all the other issues, but at least trying to tackle and center on one and keep going on to fix the others after that. Trying to fix everything at once isn't working so much.

Rather than screaming about XYZ and tacking on 123....

I'm saying "here's X issue solve this first. We can start working on Y next".

Armaetus

This forces Dragoneer to bring forward new admins THAT ARE NOT HIS FRIENDS and would ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTE to the site administration section such as TTs and enforcing the site rules, not these current idle kissups such as Wicht and co.

Kantress

Really? We need the nitpick game so we can start looking like we're bickering amongst each other?

I mean really, that's what you want?

No, I was not trying to start internal bickering, though, obviously, that's already happened. I was merely trying to hold you to the same standard you held Dragoneer to with regards to the threat he made. He may well have not actually been planning to retaliate, but he erupted under stress. I was trying to see if you were mature enough to admit you committed a similar error, but you instead made your response an attack on me. So, I'm rather disappointed in both you and Dragoneer. Don't get me wrong: I think trying to get rid of useless staff is a great idea, but when two senior admins do the same thing and neither are eager to apologize or admit wrongdoing (Dragoneer did, but I think he was forced by staff reaction and I question its sincerity), it just makes me question and doubt everyone.

Anyway, please don't ban me for this. I'm really just being truthful with you without being an complete asshole (well, in my opinion, anyway; I'm sure there are others who think I've been one). Besides, I've said all I really can say on this thread without repeating myself, so I'll shut up now. I'm looking forward to how the next 10 days, and few months after that, will play out.

Just to elaborate on my "Easier said than done", for those that disagree:
If it were that easy to get 'neer to de-admin the inactive ones, would we be having this conversation?
Would this thread even exist, then? I think not.

Oh, I see what you meant now. I apologize for my misinterpretation and my subsequent retort, Cerbrus.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Kantress, I'll just agree to disagree then.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Hi Dave,

Since you're no longer on staff and tend to speak freely, can you tell me your side of the story on admin WichT?

Thanks

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
Would a petition from us members of FA and FAF imploring the removal of admins that are not as active or not active at all given the 10 day grace period be of any effect? I feel like it is a dumb idea but maybe if a bunch of us spoke up from the fandom to back you guys it might get done quicker or more efficient.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
Would a petition from us members of FA and FAF imploring the removal of admins that are not as active or not active at all given the 10 day grace period be of any effect? I feel like it is a dumb idea but maybe if a bunch of us spoke up from the fandom to back you guys it might get done quicker or more efficient.
since when ONLINE petitions did anything?

CR-V

Worked with my local animal shelter to change from the gas to lethal injection. Yes they do work.

Animal shelter is one thing. Furry fandom is something else.

Today's update.

(we are all busy!)

No you're not.
Giving these guys 10 more days to shape up was a terrible idea. I was expecting them to increase their activity-even just a bit-but fuck, the fact they DON'T want to do their job or DON'T KNOW how to do it just caught me off guard.

Last edited:

Summercat

Former Motterator
Animal shelter is one thing. Furry fandom is something else.

No you're not.
Giving these guys 10 more days to shape up was a terrible idea. I was expecting them to increase their activity-even just a bit-but fuck, the fact they DON'T want to do their job or DON'T KNOW how to do it just caught me off guard.

Speaking in defense of SOME of the admins in question...

Some of the admins in question are stepping up and doing some work. I can't speak as to how much additional work it is, but usually there's a whole raft of trouble tickets from earlier in the day waiting for me when I start my shift at work.

Today, when I started doing tickets, we already blasted through all but the ones that take sometime to resolve. I don't know if this was just a lower amount of tickets today, or showing that we are getting some extra assistance.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, but I am seeing some more activity from some of the admins named. Not going to defend the admin in question that Arshes was complaining about, though.

Armaetus

Speaking in defense of SOME of the admins in question...

Some of the admins in question are stepping up and doing some work. I can't speak as to how much additional work it is, but usually there's a whole raft of trouble tickets from earlier in the day waiting for me when I start my shift at work.

Today, when I started doing tickets, we already blasted through all but the ones that take sometime to resolve. I don't know if this was just a lower amount of tickets today, or showing that we are getting some extra assistance.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, but I am seeing some more activity from some of the admins named. Not going to defend the admin in question that Arshes was complaining about, though.

Why am I not surprised they are, probably only to save their sorry excuse for an admin...which is my guess. Likely go back to being idle after a set time.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Summercat, I respect how you don't want to be more aggressive over this issue. I have seen some of the inactive ones pop up and start working again.

However, you're answering as a newer member to the team over 700 tickets in 3 months. Admins that have been on the team for years only need to do a bare minimum each week. This is backwards. Those administrators should be doing the amounts in 100's because they have been on the site so long and are supposed to be seasoned. The newer admins should have a bare minimum to keep up because these admins need to learn. Having newer administrators take the burden of those TTs leads to more mistakes and exposure and stress.

However, that's not what was happening for years. This attempt to appease everyone, hasn't.

I'd still like to see if Dave would answer my question.