• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Trouble Ticket Policy for Site Admins?

Nylak

Angry Otter
It's stuff like this that make me stick my fingers in my ears and run around singing LALALALALA at the top of my lungs.

I get enough drama at my day job.

CARRY ON. :D

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
It's stuff like this that make me stick my fingers in my ears and run around singing LALALALALA at the top of my lungs.

I get enough drama at my day job.

CARRY ON. :D

I am disappoint :(

Ratte

I think it was said somewhere in here, but due to how big the thread is, I'll let it pass.

Usually, you apply on these forums when the drafts come up. That means submitting an essay explaining why you deserve to be a forum mod. When you get elected in my the staff and do your job, you move up to supermod, and then if the main site staff likes you, you become a lesser admin, and then a full out admin..

Eeeeh, kind of. There is no 'lesser admin' on here, just forum admin and mainsite admin. Both have their respective duties. Site admins will generally have the same privileges on FAF as a supermod/global mod, but forum admins may or may not have privileges on FA. Both are separate sites. Also, there's no difference in "support admin" and "admin" on FA.

MandertehPander

That backstabbing betch.
Considering the major way staff of all levels are informed of problems are TTs, there really is no difference, just "Support" in front. As every admin is supposed to be answering tickets anyway, so having two different types of admins, one of which whose only apparent purpose on the team is to answer tickets is.. silly.

But at this point nothing really surprises me. I just figured Support Admin meant Admin-in-training, or something.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Eh, well remember some admins are greater in scope. Like you know that abandoned wiki...

We used to have some "lead Admin" now it's like everyone fighting or thinking they're in second place. So much for structure.

Freehaven

Dammit.
It makes me wonder why someone hasn't stepped in to try and clear all the confusion up.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
I'm aware, but I'll have to catch him when he's active tomorrow.

It's almost like Gary Condit, before 9/11 happened :p

Freehaven

Dammit.
FA needs a steward - someone respected by both staff and users who is willing to step up and make decisions, no matter how difficult or unpleasant.

Sometimes the founder or owner of a site is an appropriate steward. If not, it is up to them to appoint one.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel about the situation. Dragoneer could easily be the "final word" in extremely important matters, especially pertaining to major issues with the site (such as its funding), but having a steward to be his "second-in-command" (as it were) would probably ease a lot of his stress. (Well, that, or it would give him someone to deflect blame towards. You know, whichever thought process works for him.)

It is too bad that Dragoneer does not trust anyone enough to have that sort of position made available. Even if it was, it would probably be someone who Dragoneer thinks he could get to think his way instead of acting impartially (in other words: do not go after the "big name" furs or his Internet BFFs).

Then again, I live to be proven wrong, and if Dragoneer proved me wrong on this, I would be more than pleased with that outcome.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
This is why I try to find or have a backup admin on the forums. There are too many on staff that shoulder too much responsibility. For example look how much of the site falls on a single programmer. For a smaller site it isn't so bad but you should have someone able to shadow and share enough so that when one is out, things feel like a bottleneck. I was able to take breaks I needed because I trust in them even if I don't always agree

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
2 admins have been released as of today.

Armaetus

Which ones?

EDIT: Oh wait, the ones doing jack shit are still there. :|

Last edited:

Armaetus

I know Kyojin resigned, or was that journal of his a good sugar coating that he was actually removed by Neer? I don't know much if at all in psychological stuff so I can't tell.

Yoshiya

Hmm. Predictable...
I know Kyojin resigned, or was that journal of his a good sugar coating that he was actually removed by Neer? I don't know much if at all in psychological stuff so I can't tell.

Aw, I liked Kyoujin. He was lovely.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
Progress! The rest of them have begun pulling their weight, then?

Some, yes...some got a holdover till March one of which is caustic and unfair. But at least some of the inactive ones got released.

Meaning that the inactive admin got ANOTHER extension. This one isn't up to date on the rules, refuses to use a better browser, because "too lazy" and spends more time talking on dragonyiff than the admin chat.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Some, yes...some got a holdover till March one of which is caustic and unfair. But at least some of the inactive ones got released.

Meaning that the inactive admin got ANOTHER extension. This one isn't up to date on the rules, refuses to use a better browser, because "too lazy" and spends more time talking on dragonyiff than the admin chat.

This forum needs a "facepalm" button.

Armaetus

This simply shows Dragoneer is stubborn on letting certain admins go and I am disappointed and way past the ten day period which is very annoying to some of us, especially those wanting progress. Wicht is the one and I know what you mean, he doesn't do shit for the site and he's on #dragonyiff daily, usually under the name Deroco. If he's "too lazy", he should give up his post as he's not helping at all in this situation. :|

Last edited: