• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Trouble With Image Quality

Punk_M0nitor

Resident Edgelord
Hey! I’m having trouble uploading my art to FurAffinity—specifically because when I upload it, the quality will drop significantly.

I’ve tried resizing images to meet the recommended parameters, keeping all of my images as PNG files, uploading the thumbnail and actual image separately instead of auto-generating a thumbnail, updating the source file (as that usually works)... I’m not sure what else to do.

Edit: The issue seems exclusively for mobile. The image loads at maximum resolution on desktop, but on mobile, the image becomes blurry unless zoomed in very close. Again, it only does this with a select few images that don't differ noticeably from my other submissions

Last edited:

Dinocanid

If your image is above the maximum size, it'll be compressed to a lower resolution. This can be worked around by uploading the image, and then editing to replace the source file. When the source (aka the image) is reuploaded then it will be in its full resolution.

Punk_M0nitor

Resident Edgelord
If your image is above the maximum size, it'll be compressed to a lower resolution. This can be worked around by uploading the image, and then editing to replace the source file. When the source (aka the image) is reuploaded then it will be in its full resolution.
Most of the time, this works for me, but there are a few of my submissions where this doesn’t seem to work and I’m not sure why. I’ve attempted this multiple times with my most recent submission

Dinocanid

Most of the time, this works for me, but there are a few of my submissions where this doesn’t seem to work and I’m not sure why. I’ve attempted this multiple times with my most recent submission
Is there any relation between the resolution + file size and when the trick works? There may be certain situations where it just can't handle what's being uploaded, even if trying to bypass the maximum size

Punk_M0nitor

Resident Edgelord
Is there any relation between the resolution + file size and when the trick works? There may be certain situations where it just can't handle what's being uploaded, even if trying to bypass the maximum size
There doesn’t seem to be. The files that are uploaded at max resolution are approximately the same size as the ones that didn’t, (~2,000x2,000 px), and I tried adjusting the size of my most recent to fit the recommended file size, but that only seemed to make it worse