• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

trying to find furs in my neighborhood

KiloCharlie

Tastes Like You Only Sweeter
(feel free to use this to find furs in your area as well i don't care)

i live in the San Mateo County Area in California (USA... it's a 30 min. drive north to S.F.) and still go to H.S. (there are plenty of 18yr. olds in H.S.) and i was curious of furs that live in and around my area (nearest H.S. = Carlmont)
who knows... maybe i already know you (that would be a relief...)

Also... if anyone knows how best to admit to friends that you are a furry (especially when you have no idea how they will react,) plz help... i want to tell someone [of my friends] and i don't know how:(!!!

Last edited:

Zeichwolf

Wolven Writer of FA
Sadly, I'm on the far side of the states from you, in the Charlotte NC region, but hey, any NC furs out there? Poke me sometime. ;P

As for telling your friends, Kilo, take it slowly. The best thing to do is to gauge how they'd react with something like a hypothetical situation: say, "Wow, the weirdest thing happened today. An old friend of mine (<- this part can vary) came to me and told me he was a furry." Then you'd go on to explain the topic in small detail if they asked, not acting knowledgeable. This'll give you a chance to test how they'd react if you said something to them. If they're open and accepting, say, "Great! Did I mention that it was a hypothetical story and that was me?" (Not literally, of course!) but if not... back away. SLOWLY. They sense fear. >.>

KiloCharlie

As for telling your friends, Kilo, take it slowly. The best thing to do is to gauge how they'd react with something like a hypothetical situation: say, "Wow, the weirdest thing happened today. An old friend of mine (<- this part can vary) came to me and told me he was a furry." Then you'd go on to explain the topic in small detail if they asked, not acting knowledgeable. This'll give you a chance to test how they'd react if you said something to them. If they're open and accepting, say, "Great! Did I mention that it was a hypothetical story and that was me?" (Not literally, of course!) but if not... back away. SLOWLY. They sense fear. >.>

i guess i mostly dont want trolls invading every part of my life...

KiloCharlie

wow, i figured i would find a lot of furs in CA (especially SF area b/c of how tolerant of EVERYTHING they are [i swear, you could walk around SF naked and they wouldn't care... how would a fur stand out in THAT crowd?!?!])

nek0chan

wear a fur suit i guess.
socal is way to hot for a fur suit, but i kind of want to try snowboarding in one =3

KiloCharlie

well at least there is SOMEONE up here... i'm particularly looking for ppl i know... i doubt i'll find any though...

Irreverent

Try this Kilo http://ifpl.cattech.org/, just make sure you enter your co-ords correctly, or it gives some odd answers.

Psudowolf

The Rambling Idiot...
wear a fur suit i guess.
socal is way to hot for a fur suit, but i kind of want to try snowboarding in one =3
*chants* Do it, Do it, Do it!

zevvy

Cookie!
i live in Marin...not many furries up here. xD