• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Tucson Fur Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBlack

Is an alligator
Be careful my friend....You never know what might come from the internet if you set up something like that... ex. 40 year-old man named Carl who lives with his Mom. You wouldn't want that to be the only person show up would you?

Steel_Wolf

Ziggy Fawkes Steelwolf
Be careful my friend....You never know what might come from the internet if you set up something like that... ex. 40 year-old man named Carl who lives with his Mom. You wouldn't want that to be the only person show up would you?

I kind of expect that. I've done a cosplay meetup and I was the only one there so I am hoping that it won't happen again

You'd have to get the word out in places other than only FAF

Yes I'm trying to do that

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Hi I am thinking about makeing a fur meet in Tucson AZ. Maybe we could meet up on January 2010 on the 3rd around the main downtown library.

If you have any suggestions leave it in your post
I can't do the 3rd in Tuscon (alas, I need to be at work the next day), but there's a semi-regular furmeet in Phoenix on every other weekend or so if you're interested. Tentatively, our next meet will be after the holidays on Jan 9th.

Tho some of the furs on that list are in Tuscon. If you PM me your e-mail addy, I'll forward that info on to them.

Steel_Wolf

Ziggy Fawkes Steelwolf
I can't do the 3rd in Tuscon (alas, I need to be at work the next day), but there's a semi-regular furmeet in Phoenix on every other weekend or so if you're interested. Tentatively, our next meet will be after the holidays on Jan 9th.

Tho some of the furs on that list are in Tuscon. If you PM me your e-mail addy, I'll forward that info on to them.

Well I guess Iwe could do the 2nd. But I can't go up to Phoenix any day I want

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Well I guess Iwe could do the 2nd. But I can't go up to Phoenix any day I want
The 2nd, I have my son with me from San Diego. Needless to say, I couldn't meet then! (Not going to take my 5 year old to a furmeet, thanks.)

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
This has sort of gotten out of control. Wouldn't you say?
? In what way? I'm just letting you know of a furmeet that's already taking place. If you can make it, great. If not, such is life. I can make it to Tuscon some day for a furmeet down there, great. If not, such is life.

How is that out of control?

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Dam it. so I should just not plan on anybody coming to this?
Patience, dude. Most furs are driving to distant family and/or are forcing themselves to smile when being a greeted to a sloppy kiss on the cheek from Aunt Gloria who'll go on & on over Christmas dinner about how all those perverted furries are going to Hell, all the while they're crawling under the table wishing they had a way to simultaneously become invisible and instantly vaporize that annoying hypocrite.

You might also want to place a post (or have a mod move this thread) in Conventioneering. That's where a lot of furmeet threads seem to be living (including the one I used to organize the furmeet in Phoenix.)

Scarborough

Cliched & Trite
Late, but I normally would have gone to something like this if I weren't (1) in Phoenix (I'm only in Tucson during school) and (2) busy for the time being.

FurryBandicoot

The Crazy Reptile Girl
holly cryps! I live in tombstone, about 73 miles from Tucson. To bad I dont have a car. :( and my husband is well not inclined to take me places that he dosent want to go. (&*$#!!!)

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
FYI, I'm going to try to organize a furmeet in Tuscon the weekend of the 23rd. Most of the people on the e-mail list for the Phoenix furmeet live or go to school in Tuscon. As a result, the furmeet was poorly attended b/c it was hard for everyone's transportation needs & work schedules to all line up. Therefore, the next furmeet will be in Tuscon.

If anyone isn't already on my e-mail list & they want to attend this, please PM me your e-mail addy and I'll be sure to include you on future updates.

FurryBandicoot, I'd happily offer you a ride, but unfortunately I live in Phoenix and Tombstone isn't exactly on the way. :(

Summercat

Former Motterator
Closed for thread necro.

Steel, if you want to make a new thread along the same topic in a more appropriate forum (Conventioneering), go right ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.