• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Twilight

Xaerun

"toxic and negative"
My sister is going to see it tonight, and I haven't read the book, so I have no idea what it's about or how its written. Is it a good movie? Why/why not?

I'm just wondering if I should take some friends to it, and I don't want it to be a massive flop.

Nylak

Angry Otter
No. It sucks. The book sucks. From what I hear, the movie was somehow worse. I don't believe them. There's no way anything could be worse than that literary monstrosity. >>

My roommate, who loved said novel, convinced me to try and read the first book in the series, and I literally couldn't get through it. XD Couldn't do it. It was like pulling teeth. And even my friends who liked the book said the movie trashed the book. So. Take something painful to begin with and make it worse. Hmm. I don't recommend it.

Last edited:

Hanazawa

Would Like To Play a Game
sometimes I feel like the only intelligent person who didn't completely hate it.

it is not a good movie. it is not a good book. but a sense of humor will help you immensely if you decide to dive in!

Xaerun

"toxic and negative"
Can you guys recap the plot for me then?
And Hana, if you mean what you mean by sense of humour is "ability to continuously mock a movie of any genre from start to finish", I gots it.

Nylak

Angry Otter
Nah, I consider most of my friends relatively intelligent, but I'm pretty much the only one in my group who despised it. XD I'm also the one who hated Harry Potter. This is, of course, only counting my female friends; all my guy friends won't touch it with a ten foot pole, which is why I don't recommend it in this particular instance (seeing as the questioning fella is, in theory, a male).

I guess it just takes a certain taste (and more than a few grains of salt). I most definitely have my immaturities, more than most; sparkly vampires and mary-sues and relationship dynamics aimed to please the average 12-year-old girl just aren't among them.

Also, plot summary from the dissenting half of the audience: Mary-sue female falls in love with a handsome vampire guy. They have problems, probably with his family or friends or whatever, I don't really remember, I don't think it was very interesting. They probably end up together, happy as pigs in shit, after a lot of high school drama type stuff and googly eyes and kissy faces.

...But since I didn't actually read the whole thing, I'll let Hana recap a bit more accurately if she so pleases. *cough*

Last edited:

Xaerun

"toxic and negative"
...all my guy friends won't touch it with a ten foot pole, which is why I don't recommend it in this particular instance (seeing as the questioning fella is, in theory, a male).
I see what you did there.

I guess it just takes a certain taste (and more than a few grains of salt). I most definitely have my immaturities, more than most; sparkly vampires and mary-sues and relationship dynamics aimed to please the average 12-year-old girl just aren't among them.
Aye, this is what I gathered from the look of the book. Wasn't totally sure, though, so I figured I'd ask.

Also, plot summary from the dissenting half of the audience: Mary-sue female falls in love with a handsome vampire guy. They have problems, probably with his family or friends or whatever, I don't really remember, I don't think it was very interesting. They probably end up together, happy as pigs in shit, after a lot of high school musical type stuff and googly eyes and kissy faces.

...But since I didn't actually read the whole thing, I'll let Hana recap a bit more accurately if she so pleases. *cough*
Gotta love them Mary Sues. Oh, and at least the bolded part isn't fix'd, hey? *epic shudder*

Hanazawa

Would Like To Play a Game
plot:
teenage girl moves to bumfuck nowhere, where it rains all the time!!! and omg there are these weirdo kids at her school who she discovers through various events are actually vampires. but she doesn't care because she's in love with one of them, and he's actually in love with her too. it's okay until these wandering eeeevil vampires show up and because one of them is psychotic they chase the girl around until there is an epic vampire battle!! the end.

I mean, it's a four book series, there's more to it than that... but that's the gist.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
If you want to see a movie, go out and pay for it. Downloading it from the internet doesn't support the studio, getting off our butts and going to a theater and paying for the movie does. Same for the music bizz. Go out and buy the CD!

Rilvor

Formal when angry
No. I encourage pirating and stealing as much as you can when it comes to Twilight. Fuck that miserable hack of an author.

Skittle

Banned
Banned
If you want to see a movie, go out and pay for it. Downloading it from the internet doesn't support the studio, getting off our butts and going to a theater and paying for the movie does. Same for the music bizz. Go out and buy the CD!
This studio doesn't deserve ANY money of this horrid monstrosity of a 12-year-old girl's wet dream. It is so abhorrent it should be burned, with the fires of Hell but I'm sure even the Devil wouldn't touch that shit.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/bum-reviews/2741-twilight

There is the gist, OP

Ratte

Almost all new vampire shit sucks. I can't stand the preppy boy gone pseudo-goth/emo type of things. There's just nothing good in it.

I miss the old renditions of vampires.

Art Vulpine

Art Vulpine
I'm a fan of the new vampires (Underworld, Queen of the Damned, etc.)

But this one is a typical haelequin novel with vampires.

Here's the gist of the plot:

Sterotypical innocent girl moves to an unfamilial town, makes friends, and acts angsty.

She meets a sterotypical emo, dark, and mysterious boy who just happens to be a vampire.

She falls madly in love with him and for the rest of the movie wrestles with how her life will be dating a vampire.

The point:

Middle School and High School girls will swoon over it. Guys will groan over it. Vampire fans will shake their fists in anger.

I gave it a C.

Skittle

Banned
Banned
I'm a fan of the new vampires (Underworld, Queen of the Damned, etc.)

But this one is a typical haelequin novel with vampires.

Here's the gist of the plot:

Sterotypical innocent girl moves to an unfamilial town, makes friends, and acts angsty.

She meets a sterotypical emo, dark, and mysterious boy who just happens to be a vampire.

She falls madly in love with him and for the rest of the movie wrestles with how her life will be dating a vampire.

The point:

Middle School and High School girls will swoon over it. Guys will groan over it. Vampire fans will shake their fists in anger.

I gave it a C.
A C? I give it a negative Z.

Not A Fox

nothing
No. I encourage pirating and stealing as much as you can when it comes to Twilight. Fuck that miserable hack of an author.

^This

This studio doesn't deserve ANY money of this horrid monstrosity of a 12-year-old girl's wet dream. It is so abhorrent it should be burned, with the fires of Hell but I'm sure even the Devil wouldn't touch that shit.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/bum-reviews/2741-twilight

There is the gist, OP

^that

Magikian

Cecret Blown Susiness.

Nylak

Angry Otter

Art Vulpine

Art Vulpine
A C? I give it a negative Z.

Well at least it had a plot, albeit a bad one.

There are som movies I have seen where I couldn't figure out the plot.

I'm very selective with my movies.

Most movies I've seen are A or B movies.

Twilight was an exception as it was hyped up but failed to live up to the fame in my opinion.

Skittle

Banned
Banned
Well at least it had a plot, albeit a bad one.

There are som movies I have seen where I couldn't figure out the plot.

I'm very selective with my movies.

Most movies I've seen are A or B movies.

Twilight was an exception as it was hyped up but failed to live up to the fame in my opinion.
A C, no matter what you give other movies, is still way too high.

Not A Fox

nothing
StephenieMeyer2008.jpg

StephenieMeyer2-2008.jpg