• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Tyra's WIPs

What frustrates you the most when drawing?

• Hands

• Feet

• Hands and Feet

• Expressions

• Perspective

• Gravity

• Backgrounds

• Proportion

• ALL OF THE ABOVE

• Other (Comment)

Results are only viewable after voting.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
This will just be another place for me to vent my frustrations as I chip away at the millions of projects I have collecting dust in my folders.

Now, for my first piece...

wip.png

I HAVE BEEN CHIPPING AWAY AT THIS FOR TWO WEEKS NOW AND IM NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING DONE BECAUSE I KEEP HAVING TO REDRAW THE GOT DANGED SHOES AND IT'S HARD TO FOCUS ON EVERYTHING ELSE BECAUSE I NEED IT TO BE DONE IN ORDER TO FOCUS/FINISH BECAUSE OF HOW HE'S DRAWN IN THE FIRST PLACEANDIHATETHATIFONELINEISDRAWNSLIGHTLYOFFANGLETHEWHOLEFOOTLOOKSMESSEDUPANDFUCKINGSHOELACESICAN'TEVENTIEMINEIRL ANDKEEPTHEMTOGETHER,BRINGMEBACKVELCROSHOESFORADULTSTHATALSOLOOKRESPECTABLETOWEARATWORK-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Monosuki the Aurian

Kyu the Braixen
This will just be another place for me to vent my frustrations as I chip away at the millions of projects I have collecting dust in my folders.

Now, for my first piece...

View attachment 97339

I HAVE BEEN CHIPPING AWAY AT THIS FOR TWO WEEKS NOW AND IM NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING DONE BECAUSE I KEEP HAVING TO REDRAW THE GOT DANGED SHOES AND IT'S HARD TO FOCUS ON EVERYTHING ELSE BECAUSE I NEED IT TO BE DONE IN ORDER TO FOCUS/FINISH BECAUSE OF HOW HE'S DRAWN IN THE FIRST PLACEANDIHATETHATIFONELINEISDRAWNSLIGHTLYOFFANGLETHEWHOLEFOOTLOOKSMESSEDUPANDFUCKINGSHOELACESICAN'TEVENTIEMINEIRL ANDKEEPTHEMTOGETHER,BRINGMEBACKVELCROSHOESFORADULTSTHATALSOLOOKRESPECTABLETOWEARATWORK-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Well, keep on pushing! You're doing great so far! And don't worry, chin up, head high, you'll get there in no time! I see some good progress, so keep at it!

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Tyra X Volk Snuggle.png

So I never finished that other one. >_>;
This is the only thing I've been able to put out in months that looks remotely passable, and that's just because they're sketch/thumbnails to decide on what snuggle pose I wanna try and paint next.

But that's probably not gonna happen. And now I probably threw off my sleep schedule because of this. XD

Here's the larger DA one.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Sooooo maybe y'all know this already, and I just sound incredibly dumb because I'm self taught, but I just happened to make an observation while at work today. I noticed the smiles of the models on hair dye boxes, lined up with the curvature of their cheekbones. So I drew a line and just snipped off what wasn't needed to create the mouth of my OC and OMG IT WORKS. NO MORE STRUGGLING WITH MOUTH PLACEMENT FOR ME ANYMORE.

Last edited:

cowboi

DM me your favorite dinosaur
For me, I mostly struggle with coloring. I love how much depth it adds and how much more alive pieces look but gosh dang if I just don’t get color theory. I’m planning on getting better at it, though!

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Definitely feeling pretty embarrassed about uploading more incomplete stuff, let alone placeholders, but I'm pretty stoked with my progress and wanna share. UuU

I haven't really uploaded these before. The placeholder image was once in a PDF I'd submitted for the rough draft of my stories, but I've since removed those because I've made drastic improvements/changes to those as well. :')

This was never intended to be finished. It was meant to mark down as an idea so that when I got better with my art, I could remember what the heck I was picturing when I illustrate the scenes for my story.
21.png

And the new one! B.T (the elf) looks a much nicer than I expected, but... we'll see if my eyes aren't deceiving me after I get home from work tomorrow. OTL
I have desperately tried to create scenes with dynamic and complicated perspectives, but I I'll just stick to what I'm actually good at: and that's POV/straight on kinda stuff.

Still trying to figure out if I'm gonna make the background complex or just slightly more cluttered. I kinda like that about the first one.

Bugo Market.jpg

cowboi

Tyra, this looks awesome!!

cowboi