• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

UFO's....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
I believe we might own one.

I gotta look for it in the garage.

Smoothest bike ride you'd ever find.

One can be made easily. Take a dual suspension bike frame, throw in a pair of 26 inch road bike wheels and throw on a pair of raod bike drop down handlebars. And presto, a dual suspension road bike.

blackfuredfox

is a Gunnery Sergeant now.
Probably a Geosynchronous Satilite, Ive seen some in orbit probably for GPS due to the formation, or just a few that happened to form a triangle. Though probably just a satilite or a weather ballon.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
Probably a Geosynchronous Satilite, Ive seen some in orbit probably for GPS due to the formation, or just a few that happened to form a triangle. Though probably just a satilite or a weather ballon.
True, although they're rarely that close in, maybe it's orbit was degrading?
I sell UFOs and UFO accessories
How much for?

blackfuredfox

True, although they're rarely that close in, maybe it's orbit was degrading?

Probably, the lights might have just been boosters trying to correct its orbit.

CannonFodder

Probably, the lights might have just been boosters trying to correct its orbit.
Yeah trying to keep a geosynchronous satellite from falling is a bitch.

blackfuredfox

Yeah trying to keep a geosynchronous satellite from falling is a bitch.

Soo, case closed, or should we get suits and wipe their memories first?

CannonFodder

Soo, case closed, or should we get suits and wipe their memories first?
Case close, just because my suit is in the dry cleaners and I need to get a new AA battery for the neurolizer.

blackfuredfox

Case close, just because my suit is in the dry cleaners and I need to get a new AA battery for the neurolizer.

Oh well then. So logic dictates it was a low orbiting satilite correcting its orbit, makes more sense than most other ideas of what it could be.

It can also be a meteor rush. You see one passes, then you see another.
It can't be a satellite because a satellite is too small to be seen.
Your eyes can also play tricks on you while it's nighttime, as human eyes were not made to see in darkness. Goes to everybody except blind people.
I don't believe in UFOs, and if at all, I don't believe they will always try to take you for experiments.
We are the only blue planet in a huge radius, it would take a few more thousand or billion years for them to find us, unless we of course find them first.

We are not alone - organism can be created as long as it has it's standards fulfilled. Standards must be somewhere in the endless space.

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
UFOs -> Random -> Bikes?
?_?
Wagh

Take note I am never the one to bring bikes up first in a thread.

It can also be a meteor rush. You see one passes, then you see another.
It can't be a satellite because a satellite is too small to be seen.
Your eyes can also play tricks on you while it's nighttime, as human eyes were not made to see in darkness. Goes to everybody except blind people.
I don't believe in UFOs, and if at all, I don't believe they will always try to take you for experiments.
We are the only blue planet in a huge radius, it would take a few more thousand or billion years for them to find us, unless we of course find them first.

We are not alone - organism can be created as long as it has it's standards fulfilled. Standards must be somewhere in the endless space.

If it were a meteor rush we would have seen more than one zip across the sky, not remain stationary in one spot. And why do you automatically associate UFO with aliens? Correct me if I'm wrong but UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object, which to me is basically anything you see up in the sky that you can not identify what it is.

and how fucking small do you think a satellite is? they ain't microscopic, and yes they can be seen.

LLiz

Use your flippers to get down!
I do believe in UFO's... people who I know that aren't crazy have told me some pretty interesting stories (to say the least) but also take this into consideration...

Going by our current understanding of the laws of physics, and understanding of the universe, the universe is probably teeming with alien life but the problem is that a consequence of our current understanding of the laws of physics, space travel as we currently imagine it (in sci-fi etc) is pretty much out of the question.

To travel between stars we need to let go of the concept of time, because we can get to distant places within a human's lifetime, but the price you pay is that on Earth hundreds of thousands of years may pass while these astronauts travel to their destination, everything that they know of may be gone (including the human race).

Add to this the problem of an aging universe that is slowly dissipating into cold nothingness (again to the our best current knowledge), our ability to see distant objects is very limited, and the fact that our species has been around for quite literally the blink of an eye, and we can assume other species are also only around for the blink of an eye, so with the wealth of variables us running into an alien species is extremely unlikely.

I think that our understanding of existence is going to undergo a huge upheaval, and that's why I do skeptically believe its possible to have alien visitors, because an existence changing discovery is just around the corner and it can't come soon enough.

PS. Sorry for the lecture but I really really love astro physics so I can bang on and on forever about this stuff...

Last edited:
If it were a meteor rush we would have seen more than one zip across the sky, not remain stationary in one spot. And why do you automatically associate UFO with aliens? Correct me if I'm wrong but UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object, which to me is basically anything you see up in the sky that you can not identify what it is.

and how fucking small do you think a satellite is? they ain't microscopic, and yes they can be seen.

If it's a cloudy night:
1) You won't see all meteors, and there might be enough so it would trick you to think something stays in one place.
2)It's small enough to not be seen in bright daylight, and only if it releases a big light at night it will be seen.

As far as I know satellites, they are huge and gigantic, but at night, out of the atmosphere - they don't seem that big.

Usually when I think about moving objects in the sky, unless they are stars, I would think that something flies them. Unless it's a UAV, of course. Unless.. you have really seen just a UAV that flied slow.

It can also be a very big star, very far away and that moves very slow.

Nineteen-TwentySeven

Four Eyes; Zero Soul
Personally I've never seen anything "unidentifiable" in the sky, but I fucking love those UFO shows on the History Channel.
It'd be awesome if there were other life out there, except for the fact that there's a good chance that they'd like to kill us.

Mikael Grizzly

Creepy Stalker
All of this hinges on "our current knowledge". I say, anything's possible, just give it time. One hundred years ago people said "Putting a man on the moon is pretty much out of the question".

Just look at a pendrive. That's a little over twenty years of science - and six hundred times more space than in a floppy disk (assuming it's a standard 2 gig one). And even the pendrives are ridiculous - in ten years, their capacity has increased by a factor of one thousand.

I'd say "It's possible, but we need to invent the tech first".

Saintversa

Can't keep a good dog down
i once was looking out my window and saw a red light, had no blue, just red light going pretty fast. then stopping... then going back the direction it came from? i remember asking someone and they said it was most likely a helicopter, but i dunno.

I

Ishnuvalok

Unidentified Flying Objects are very real. Are they alien spacecraft? Most probably not. Many UFOs are experimental aircraft. See the F-117 Nighthawk.
Most alleged UFOs are hoaxes, or people jumping to conclusions about optical, visual and celestial phenomena. But there are a few, real UFO sightings.

Status
Not open for further replies.