• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

UI Update Requests

tato

Just some spud
Firstly thanks for all the Feb UI updates! I have some minor tweaks and suggestions though!

1. Previously, using "------" added a nice horizontal bar in journals, and now it just adds a blank line break. That line was really nice for separating content in my text and making it easier to read. Please re-incorporate that!

2. Can we please have a skin that is like the old Light Mode? The new light mode is a very 90s Macintosh grey... The old light mode had just enough tint to be unique, but not too much that it was distracting.

3. For light modes, please change the dark floating menu bar! It's very jarring in contrast and such a flat black that it really stands out.

4. We don't need the "nuke" to be red! Less is more when it comes to graphic design and UI color palettes; the red really throws everything off and stands out like a bug on my screen XD I don't think people are dumb and need it to be red to know what it means. Keeping the hover red is fine if red HAS to be incorporated but for the rest of us, please keep it clean and simple!

5. Possible to consolidate all the "Settings"? I've been using FA for YEARS and I can't to this day, ever get it right when I'm trying to look for a specific setting... The naming conventions have always been confusing to me. Like why is "User Settings" different from "Account settings?" Does not the account BELONG to the user? And wouldn't Skins and other preferences of the USER belong in "User settings" not "Account"?? That's the one that always gets me... I would think account would be for things like payment, password, and security.... Not profile information, signatures, skins etc which are unique to the USER interface. And "Global site settings" why is "display favorites" there and not in User info since favorites is part of the User's front page? It's all very very confusing, and hasn't had an update for years. I'd really like to see that consolidated or updated please!

Final thoughts: I just think the black floating menu bar reminds me too much of the new Deviantart UI which is such a hot mess. It's been a long time since FA has updated their new look yet I KEEP thinking I'm on a Deviantart page every time I click it.

And I'm sure I"m the minority here, but I really don't think the graphic header is needed. It reminds me a lot of inkbunny, which I find distracting to the rest of the art on the site. It's not a major thing but every time I see it, I do think that it's rather unnecessary and visually distracting.

Anyway, thank you for listening! I really do hope some changes can be made!

Lutro

Writer
Possible to consolidate all the "Settings"? I've been using FA for YEARS and I can't to this day, ever get it right when I'm trying to look for a specific setting... The naming conventions have always been confusing to me. Like why is "User Settings" different from "Account settings?" Does not the account BELONG to the user? And wouldn't Skins and other preferences of the USER belong in "User settings" not "Account"?? That's the one that always gets me... I would think account would be for things like payment, password, and security.... Not profile information, signatures, skins etc which are unique to the USER interface. And "Global site settings" why is "display favorites" there and not in User info since favorites is part of the User's front page? It's all very very confusing, and hasn't had an update for years. I'd really like to see that consolidated or updated please!

+1 to this, a thousand times. The settings are so scattered and all over the place, even the (admittedly-positive) changes the new UI offer barely make it easier to find anything. It's always a game of "which bucket did FA arbitrarily put this setting under?" whenever I'm looking for something. This is also true for journal management. But that's another can of worms.

Consolidation of settings would be the greatest thing.

quoting_mungo

+1 to this, a thousand times. The settings are so scattered and all over the place, even the (admittedly-positive) changes the new UI offer barely make it easier to find anything. It's always a game of "which bucket did FA arbitrarily put this setting under?" whenever I'm looking for something. This is also true for journal management. But that's another can of worms.

Consolidation of settings would be the greatest thing.
I honestly think there should be two settings pages - one dealing with things like email, password, and birth date, which reasonably should require one to input one’s current password to change, and one for public-facing and browsing experience type information/settings that there’s no good reason to require a password for.

Lutro

Writer
I honestly think there should be two settings pages - one dealing with things like email, password, and birth date, which reasonably should require one to input one’s current password to change, and one for public-facing and browsing experience type information/settings that there’s no good reason to require a password for.
I'm down with that. There's a lot of ways it can be sliced. Just make it easy to get to. Maybe a single settings page with tabs, where one can be account/require-password, and the other can be the rest.