• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

UK Memorabilia show, 22-23rd of Nov, whose going?

Harbinger

The Last of Us.

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
I'm gonna be there with a few friends of mine. Just on the Saturday, though.
Gonna order some priority tickets online so I can get in the hour earlier.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Well i just had some bad/good news, applied for a job, and the only time they can do is tomorrow which is too fucking typical. I might still be able to get down there, although it might be way later, what time you gonna be there from?
My interviews at 10 :(

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
Well i just had some bad/good news, applied for a job, and the only time they can do is tomorrow which is too fucking typical. I might still be able to get down there, although it might be way later, what time you gonna be there from?
My interviews at 10 :(
I'm gonna be there from when the doors open. No clue when I'm gonna be leaving, but naturally it'll be some time in the afternoon before 5pm.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
I'm gonna be there from when the doors open. No clue when I'm gonna be leaving, but naturally it'll be some time in the afternoon before 5pm.

I havent looked what time it opens yet, my appointments at 10, its out in the fucking middle of nowhere, and it takes 2-3 hours to get from gloucester to birmingham i think. I was going to snag a lift with my dads friend whose going but think hes going early.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Yeah and my bastard appointments at 10, be at least an hour there and getting back to gloucester i think.

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
I...thought British people were exempt from cringeworthy grammatical errors.

jtrekkie

Feathered
I...thought British people were exempt from cringeworthy grammatical errors.

You're supposed to put a space before and after an ellipsis unless the next character is a punctuation mark, according to Random House. Then again, what do they know? Whose to say their English is gooder than anyone elses....

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
You're supposed to put a space before and after an ellipsis unless the next character is a punctuation mark, according to Random House. Then again, what do they know? Whose to say their English is gooder than anyone elses....
No offense to the OP, but it really bothers me when foreigners know a language better than it's native speakers. Like...how the hell does that happen?

MalletFace

The slave of the Jlfksjlfl
Banned
No offense to the OP, but it really bothers me when foreigners know a language better than it's native speakers. Like...how the hell does that happen?

Written and spoken language are not the same thing. Spoken language is more natural and engrained into a culture than is written language. The OP almost certainly speaks perfectly proper English because they speak what is actually spoken.

It makes perfect sense for a native speaker to write poorly in comparison to a foreigner, especially because a foreigner likely learned an amalgamation of what is accepted in most English-speaking nations. It is easy for anybody to do so if they ignore ending sentences without a preposition, not splitting the infinitive, avoidance of passive voice, presence of whom, and the beginning of a sentence with and, but, or because.

"It's" is a contraction of "it is" or "it has," by the way, and it is not a way to show possession. That would be "its."

And I've never heard of it, but I love events. I obviously won't be going, though.

Last edited:

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
"It's" is a contraction of "it is" or "it has," by the way, and it is not a way to show possession. That would be "its."
You son of a bear! That was a stab to my heart. I think I'm depressed now.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Does it seriously fucking matter if someones writing a forum post and not a friggin book, oh wait it doesnt.