• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

UK MPs to vote on Fox Hunting.

Volkodav

Dad****er
I have never, ever understood why the UK has left the Staff unbanned, so that's the only conclusion I've come to.
I'm guessing they'll never retire the good ole English Bulldog, either, despite that abomination being crippled from birth c-section.

Tao

Hare Boi
Use dogs to flush a fox out into the open where it'll be beheaded by sharia law. Classic.

If those MP's want to hunt foxes do it.
Without a dog
Or a horse
Or a gun , kill the fox with your bare hands.
Unless they're doing that ( or foxes are overpopulating) then they should not murdering the healthy foxes that probably haven't even done anything to bother people, why do you think Britain has no interesting animals? Because we fucking killed them all! Can we atleast not have the foxes wiped out? Seriously what did they do? Kill the occasional chicken?

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
I heard that alpacas will chase off foxes if they see them. My parents were considering getting some for that reason. Not to mention you can sell their wool for money. And not to mention they are freaking adorable.

I'm kinda pissed off with some of the arguments I've been seeing on the pro-hunting side recently. I saw this one poster which was like "this is the media image of a fox" and it had a picture of some cute cartoon fox from a show or movie, and then "this is the reality" in which it was a photo of a fox killing a chicken.

My main issue with that is that it's like poultry owners are supposed to be pro-hunting because their poultry can/will/has been eaten by foxes. We keep chickens as pets, and my favourite hen was eaten by a fox. I fucking loved that hen. Poor Bunty =(. But I love all animals. I won't stop loving foxes because they ate my Bunty, I won't stop wanting a fox as a pet when I've got the resources. Foxes eat chickens, that's nature. We aren't the only animals that are allowed to eat them. Fine, use population control as your argument on the pro-hunting side but I can't be expected to want foxes to be mauled to death because they do what is totally natural to them.

The other reason I feel really passionate about this is because the hounds are bred for stamina, and the fox is fast but doesn't have the stamina... imagine that... being chased by what is tadamount to ravenous, bloodthirsty cannibals that you KNOW will tear you to pieces when they catch you and only being able to run away, until you just can't run any more. I have no stamina and I can't run for endurance and so that sounds like torture. That's gotta be right up there in the worst ways to die.

Good news, everyone! [/Professor Farnsworth]
The attempt to change the hunting bill has been shelved indefinitely!

The SNP said they would block it, because the Tories have been jerks to them.
The Tories saw that they could not possibly win now, and cancelled the whole thing.
There's talk that they're going to pass a law stopping Scottish MPs voting on English matters before trying again.

So. Mature.

But for now, such cruelty in the name of fun remains illegal.

-----

@Alexx: They could show a "this is the reality" poster of a badger killing a pet rabbit or a bird of prey carrying off a chick. These people just want the slightest excuse to chase something fast for lols.
Unfortunately, a lot of people have never seen footage of what actually happens on a fox hunt and just figure it's a quick kill to get rid of a pest.

I'm sorry about your Bunty hen. :c

Last edited:

Khaki

AFP's Most Unwanted
If those MP's want to hunt foxes do it.
Without a dog
Or a horse
Or a gun , kill the fox with your bare hands.
Unless they're doing that ( or foxes are overpopulating) then they should not murdering the healthy foxes that probably haven't even done anything to bother people, why do you think Britain has no interesting animals? Because we fucking killed them all! Can we atleast not have the foxes wiped out? Seriously what did they do? Kill the occasional chicken?

Maybe I should start making a sport out of catching the foxes here and sending them back to the UK in a cardboard box.

Maybe I should start making a sport out of catching the foxes here and sending them back to the UK in a cardboard box.

EDIT: I missed that you said "send back".
Send foxes to London so they can form chav gangs and harass people for kebabs. x3

Last edited:

Khaki

AFP's Most Unwanted
Did you know that foxes are only in Australia and other colonies because people wanted to hunt them there?

Yes, at least they help keep the rabbit population down when they're not eating native fauna.

I'll make sure to stamp "RETURN TO SENDER" on the boxes and have them mailed to your address.

EDIT: I missed that you said "send back".
Send foxes to London so they can form chav gangs and harass people for kebabs. x3

Maybe I should capitalise off of them and advertise them on infomercials,
"Boxes o' Foxes - The next greatest thing since a barrel of monkeys, get your BOX FOX today!"

Last edited:
A

And

The amount of completely detrimental bullshit that goes on in this world - "because it's our culture," or "because it's a method of our religion," - is mind-numbing.

Volkodav

Dad****er
Id love to hunt some cats and foxes in Australia
imagine the cat fur blanket i could make

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Good news, everyone! [/Professor Farnsworth]
The attempt to change the hunting bill has been shelved indefinitely!

The SNP said they would block it, because the Tories have been jerks to them.
The Tories saw that they could not possibly win now, and cancelled the whole thing.
There's talk that they're going to pass a law stopping Scottish MPs voting on English matters before trying again.

So. Mature.

But for now, such cruelty in the name of fun remains illegal.

-----

@Alexx: They could show a "this is the reality" poster of a badger killing a pet rabbit or a bird of prey carrying off a chick. These people just want the slightest excuse to chase something fast for lols.
Unfortunately, a lot of people have never seen footage of what actually happens on a fox hunt and just figure it's a quick kill to get rid of a pest.

I'm sorry about your Bunty hen. :c

I am conflicted. D:

For a long time I thought the west-lothian problem was unfair on English people [English people don't get a say on matters which only affect Scots, but Scots do get to tell the English what to do on matters that only affect the English],
but now Nicola Sturgeon has deliberately used this power to prevent fox hunts, and most English people are in agreement with her.

How bad is our political representation that we have to rely on the SNP to speak up for English interests?

Alexxx-Returns

Nothing has been prevented by this law passing in the first place though. Here in the South West, not a single prosecution has been made for breaking this law and they break it all the time.

Volkodav

Dad****er
Nothing has been prevented by this law passing in the first place though. Here in the South West, not a single prosecution has been made for breaking this law and they break it all the time.

This
I still see people hunting foxes with dogs. Most often terriers down holes.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?

Furthermore a lot of drag hunters use fox-urine as the drag scent, and deliberately sprinkle it near known fox-dens, so that the dogs end up killing foxes 'by accident', and prosecution is avoided.

Alexxx-Returns

Furthermore a lot of drag hunters use fox-urine as the drag scent, and deliberately sprinkle it near known fox-dens, so that the dogs end up killing foxes 'by accident', and prosecution is avoided.

Well that seems pretty pointless. Aside from the killing of course, so fun ^.^

You know what would be really cool? If people did what they did in that episode of Top gear where they "hunted" the off-roader car with the foxs' piss on the back of it. The toffs got to dress up in their silly uniforms, ride their horses and go out with all their dogs and hunt, but better yet, Player 2 enters the game! Another party gets to try and "survive" as long as possible, driving all over the countryside as fast and skillfully as they can, god that sounds fun. No killing, extra thing to enjoy, everyone wins!

The only downside to this is that it would probably decimate the countryside.

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
How about this: You can hunt, but only if you make use of the animal. The power elite would get sick of fox meat so quickly, and they would lose their desire to hunt.

Khaki

AFP's Most Unwanted
How about this: You can hunt, but only if you make use of the animal. The power elite would get sick of fox meat so quickly, and they would lose their desire to hunt.

It would just mean a surplus of fox pelts and well fed dogs.

But funny that you mention that since there was talk about eating feral cats in the Eastern states on the news recently.

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
It would just mean a surplus of fox pelts and well fed dogs.

But funny that you mention that since there was talk about eating feral cats in the Eastern states on the news recently.
Mmm, cat.