• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Um WTF!?

HyBroMcYenapants

STEVE HARVEY = HOMOSEXUAL
http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/170213/

DRAMAH!

HyBroMcYenapants

It was something about pinkuh suing somebody or something and the original owner of FA shutting it down....

I remember reading "HOSTILE TAKEOVER OF FA IN 14 MINUTES... EVERYONE BE READY!" That was the title of the journal.

HyBroMcYenapants

Dramahfest 2007! More pwnage per cookie than november 2006!

HyBroMcYenapants

My friend Alkora started this web site a few years back and I was the first administrator. Since then he's been shit on by all the staff and the website has over time been hijacked. Alkora tonight offered the suggestion of selling the website and PREYFAR and the other administrators theatening to cut off all service and kill FA and slander Alkora. PLZ get the word out to everyone. I don't know how long before Preyfar takes this down and with LJ out it all depends on you. Pinkuh is threatening to sue.... all because Alkora offered the suggestion of possibly selling TO PREYFAR... he doesn't want to kill the site... all Alkora wants to do is collect a little money for the hundreds of hours he's put into this website.

[22:22] Dragarak: Hi you don't know me but my name's Red and I was FA's first administrator and stayed with the site for about 18 months. I want to know on what ground you feel you have legal action against a change of ownership?
[22:27] Pinkuh: the only thing in contest in the donmain name'
[22:28] Dragarak: The code aswell. Alkora sorta created all of it
[22:28] Pinkuh: It's Extortion
[22:28] Pinkuh: plain and simple
[22:29] Pinkuh: from here on out I will not be talking to anyone about this matter that is not directly involved. I am going to talk to my lawyer about this in the next few days and he will contact Alkora
[22:29] Dragarak: How so? All of you guys are volunteers. I don't see what's wrong with Alkora wanting to get some money for all his troubles. It's not like he's trying to kill it off... he just wants to sell it and be compensated.

EDIT

EIther Alkora cashes out now or else Preyfar kills FA. It's down to Blackmale now. What started as just an idea has now been blown out of proportions! Both Alkora and Preyfar have committed hundreds of hours to this website. Neither should be blackballing the other. If alkora doesn't except a deal from Preyfar within 18 minutes... FA will die. Please link this journal to your friends and get the word out

Alkora owns both the domain name and the code. Everyone here is a volunteer and does so out of there free will.

*ahem* ahh!...the 5 minutes of whiteness was so scawwy.

anywho, in all seriousness, it should really suck if FA went down for real...however, i feel that the current staff has a good enough grasp on the site to keep a permanent down at least from occurring.

sgolem

Wonder if it's real. Pardon my ignorance if this was supposed to be an obvious yes.

Edit: I guess it does look kinda real. Suppose I'll find out for sure soon enough.

Edit 2: Whatever it was, seems like it's okay for now.

DarkMeW

I've got a dollar fifty, I'll buy the site. Add a few more security holes and I'll throw in a back rub as well.

Aikon

DarkMeW said:
I've got a dollar fifty, I'll buy the site. Add a few more security holes and I'll throw in a back rub as well.

Oh yeah? I got two dolla! I'll gives ya two dolla if you wanna sell.

HyBroMcYenapants

Yeah, FOR NOW.

No, tree dolla and a happy ending!

EIther Alkora cashes out now or else Preyfar kills FA. ... all Alkora wants to do is collect a little money for the hundreds of hours he's put into this website.

That sounds very selfish to me. In fact, the first bit sounds an awful lot like extortion. If Alkora doesn't "cash out" on the sale of a community website, one which owes its success mostly to people who are not Alkora, it's somehow Preyfar's fault? If Preyfar can't afford whatever price tag Alkora comes up with, then it's Preyfar to blame if the site dies? I'd dare call that libelous, in fact.

I'm sure Alkora would love to collect a little money. FA doesn't exactly make a profit, though. I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to take it off Alkora's hands if he doesn't want it any more, but to expect to "cash out" on its sale is distasteful at best.

Cray

I urge everyone to remember that there are three sides to every story: the accuser's, the accused's, and the truth. A little more of the third version has come into view, though still tainted by the first:

http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/170255/

Basically everyone involved with FA got thrown into a frenzy and everyone was worried about FA's future and FA getting screwed over.

I'm sorry to Preyfar that things happened as they did, though I'm not all to blame. I reacted in a panic, because for a little while my apartment became defcon whatever XD. Yeah... Alkora and I were in panic.

Here's the story.

Alkora who owns this place has been considering selling it for quite some time. Many of his friends saw the ammount of stress it's been causing him, plus the hundreds of hours of work he's put in it. His friends all thought it would be best if he passed off FA and perhaps saw a little compensation for all the time and stress.

He decided to go to Preyfar with the idea... which was just an idea and no doubt sent him into a panic. He paniced to his friends, while Alkora and I paniced to ours. Lots of panicing was done and Preyfar set a deadline of 30 minutes... sell FA to him for the ammount of money he was offering or FA would cease to be.

I perfectly understand Preyfars reaction to all this seeing as it's important to note that although Alkora's investment in FA started off big, Preyfar has fronted more and more money into keeping this place alive and having the owner show any sign of instability isn't a good thing.

I think everyone over reacted and played against fears and HOPEFULLY everything can now be discussed calmly. Don't worry, no one wants FA to die... we're all just really passionate about it.

Bye for now

-Aerak (former admin)

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
DuncanFox said:
FA doesn't exactly make a profit, though. I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to take it off Alkora's hands if he doesn't want it any more, but to expect to "cash out" on its sale is distasteful at best.
I pay for all of FA's needs that the community doesn't. We're currently at $800 expenditures a month, going up to $1,000 before the year is over. Anybody who'd buy FA would be crazy. There's too much loss for a lack of any sort of capital return you can get. I've done the math. We can stagger the costs, but not turn a profit short of opening up a full bona fide store, and I think the community would turn on FA if it sold out and became a commercial site.

Besides, the current code base is not properly implemented in any sort of condition to support a retail marketplace.

Arka

Ah, yes, well. That was an awful lot of drama for today. It's time for bed.

Preyfar, it's time to relax with some tea. Let's hug things out.

Dragsooth

I'm a sorcerer <:3
I really have no idea what's going on, but I hope FA doesn't go anywhere....I love drama and all but that drama was just plain stupid go to another site please, cause some people care about this one ^.^

o.o http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/170302/

"UPDATE!!!! THE DRAGONEER HIJACKED FA FROM ALKORA

HE NO LONGER HAS ACCESS TO THE ADMIN CONTROLS!"

Aikon

This is beginning to get freaking ridiculous.

garra

What in the name of k'sharra is going on here?
Could communities cease croaking whenever I finally got myself to register? >_>'

acru

Oh this is so not surprising, with all these admins I've seen lately, too many cooks spoil the broth...

Oooops the furry broth...spoiled...._again_ Wonder if FA will survive or a *new* archive will pop again and lose a ton of artists in the process....blaaaahs

Kitstaa (S.L.A.B) said:
http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/170213/

DRAMAH!

Wyrwulf

It's like a head on collision between two short buses.

Could someone more familiar with dates and such tell me if FA lasted longer this time around, versus the last time the site dissolved into administrate petty feuding? Near as I can tell the cycle around here is pretty regular.

Sslaxx

I respectfully offer my two cats, Gypsy and Blue, to be considered for the position of administrators on FurAffinity, because fuck knows they could do a better job than this sorry lot.

Aikon

Wyrwulf said:
It's like a head on collision between two short buses.

Could someone more familiar with dates and such tell me if FA lasted longer this time around, versus the last time the site dissolved into administrate petty feuding? Near as I can tell the cycle around here is pretty regular.

You mean this happened before? Interesting. There's saying about history, and repeating,... and whatnot. You've heard it before I'm sure :)

So how long did that little feud go on? I'm just trying to get a feel for how long it will be so I can come back when these two kiss and make up.