• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Umm...yeah...hey

ElricStrot

Hello all, after having the forum open for a hour or so I decided to join, which then I sat on that screen for around 30 mins.

I'm new to this whole thing, I've seen others partaking and talking about it but have always looked at it from the outside. Since I was younger I always been enamored by any character from games that I guess would be considered a furry (pls correct me if I'm wrong or misspoke). I've always seen myself as a fox type just because of being obsessed with Tails from Sonic.

I'm here to learn and figure things out about myself that I've been Suppressing for years. I hope that covers something's about me, if you'd like to ask anything feel free too. Thanks.

LeFay

Professional meme inspector
Well welcome to the forums my dude. Theres no need to be nervous friend, people in this community are generally friendly. It's probably fairly intimidating coming into something so new, but once you get to jiving with people, chatting and having fun you'll feel a lot better ^w^

trivean

Engineering Wolf
Hello, and welcome to the forums (took me an hour after I signed up to post anything so you're good).

And it's cool if that's what got you into the fandom. I actually liked (and still currently like) a lot of characters from video games (Tails is amazing tbh, only second fiddle to Shadow from SA2).

I hope we can help with finding things out. I'm kinda in the same boat but with, what I'm assuming, to be different things. We're generally friendly here and can try to help you with any questions about the fandom. If you want to ask me something directly you can always PM me instead of a large public chat (or ask me to make one if you don't know how to do that) feel free to.

ElricStrot

Well welcome to the forums my dude. Theres no need to be nervous friend, people in this community are generally friendly. It's probably fairly intimidating coming into something so new, but once you get to jiving with people, chatting and having fun you'll feel a lot better ^w^

Thanks, for me I'm guessing baby paw steps into it will be the best course for me.

Hello, and welcome to the forums (took me an hour after I signed up to post anything so you're good).

And it's cool if that's what got you into the fandom. I actually liked (and still currently like) a lot of characters from video games (Tails is amazing tbh, only second fiddle to Shadow from SA2).

I hope we can help with finding things out. I'm kinda in the same boat but with, what I'm assuming, to be different things. We're generally friendly here and can try to help you with any questions about the fandom. If you want to ask me something directly you can always PM me instead of a large public chat (or ask me to make one if you don't know how to do that) feel free to.

Thank you, as a kid playing Sonic with my brother on the sega, he always thought it was weird that I would always want to be the be Tails, cause in the end Tails did do much in Sonic 2 other then follow Sonic around lol.

trivean

Engineering Wolf
Thanks, for me I'm guessing baby paw steps into it will be the best course for me.

No problem, some people take it slow and easy, just testing the waters and such. Then there's those that run full force into it. I may fall into the latter.

And yeah, he is really better than Sonic in some ways. I'm not saying that just because I'm also an Engineer that tinkers with machines like him all the time. (I'm saying it because it's true).

ElricStrot

No problem, some people take it slow and easy, just testing the waters and such. Then there's those that run full force into it. I may fall into the latter.

And yeah, he is really better than Sonic in some ways. I'm not saying that just because I'm also an Engineer that tinkers with machines like him all the time. (I'm saying it because it's true).

I'm sure as soon as I get past that certain point in testing the water I will go ahead and take one last breath before I submerge myself completely.

LeFay

Professional meme inspector

Thank you, as a kid playing Sonic with my brother on the sega, he always thought it was weird that I would always want to be the be Tails, cause in the end Tails did do much in Sonic 2 other then follow Sonic around lol.

Baby steps are still steps. Do things at your own pace and just have fun with it

Thrashy

The Drunk Metalhead. FckNzs.
I guess, the Sonic games were a huge influence on me too, but also games like Conker's Bad Fur Day :D

And yes, I like Tails too ^^

Welcome and have fun :)

P

puddinsticks

I think Sonic was my introduction into furry characters. :) I grew up playing the games on the Genesis with my family.
My little brother and I were pretty obsessive with the series until we hit our teens.
All the characters are really good, but I think I tend to favor Shadow.

I never considered Mobians to be 'furry' though, for some reason. Even today they're just 'Sonic' people to me. lol
It's weird, they're definitely anthropomorphic animals, but it just doesn't click in my head. Maybe because they're so stylized and unique?

I guess, the Sonic games were a huge influence on me too, but also games like Conker's Bad Fur Day ...
Ah, another BFD fan! :) One of the first games my dad got for my little brother and I when we got our N64 (my parents were liberal with ratings as long as we behaved).
BFD is one of my stylistic inspirations, actually. I love the stubby grey squirrels and how stout Conker is. lol

XanderBoi

Your Friendly Goat-Coon
Greetings friendo!

It's just a hobby, my dude. It seems intimidating at first because of the stigma and internet hate, but don't think of it as more than it is! We're all about having fun and being floofy!

Welcome aboard! I think I speak for most of us when I say, we're glad to have you!

Cosmonaughty

Finally comfortable in my fur!
Hey ^v^ Dont sweat it dude! Took me.. a while lets say, to come to terms with myself too. Just have fun with it, people here are incredibley welcoming!

With that said, welcome to the party ^v^

ElricStrot

No problem. Nice profile pic.

Thanks, thought a lot about my fursona since last night, ok maybe it's all I thought about at work >.>
Put a little of me and what I feel I'm lacking into him, other then the hair this is halfway what I was thinking.

Hey ^v^ Dont sweat it dude! Took me.. a while lets say, to come to terms with myself too. Just have fun with it, people here are incredibley welcoming!

With that said, welcome to the party ^v^

trivean

Engineering Wolf
Thanks, thought a lot about my fursona since last night, ok maybe it's all I thought about at work >.>
Put a little of me and what I feel I'm lacking into him, other then the hair this is halfway what I was thinking.

Still looks good (and better than anything I can draw tbh). And yeah, it look me a while to make Trivean and my other OCs. And it's kinda normal to day dream at work about it (or at least I do it too).
And I get that putting things into your sona thing. Triv and I are both Engineers, have similar interests and such, but Triv has some things I don't. It's understandable.

ElricStrot

Still looks good (and better than anything I can draw tbh). And yeah, it look me a while to make Trivean and my other OCs. And it's kinda normal to day dream at work about it (or at least I do it too).
And I get that putting things into your sona thing. Triv and I are both Engineers, have similar interests and such, but Triv has some things I don't. It's understandable.
I can't draw at all just have the ability to access Google images lol.
I have yet to write anything down or put anything in stone, but for now I'm enjoying the process and so far the outcome.

trivean

Engineering Wolf
Just be careful about using Google images. Some people don't like it if you use their art without their permission. I would just draw your own placeholder and try to get someone to draw a better version tbh. Just a head's up.

And yeah, but you can make different variations and updates to your sona and such as well. I had V0, V1, and currently on V2 of Trivean.

ElricStrot

Just be careful about using Google images. Some people don't like it if you use their art without their permission. I would just draw your own placeholder and try to get someone to draw a better version tbh. Just a head's up.

And yeah, but you can make different variations and updates to your sona and such as well. I had V0, V1, and currently on V2 of Trivean.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll take care of it.