• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Unable to submit art: Error 524

Golecko

Hi,
Been having an issue now for a month or two where I have been unable to submit or resubmit artwork.
The issue begins with a long download period of around 2 mins to then a error page of a failed connection to fur affinity servers.
upload_2019-6-1_12-8-59.png

I sent a report through the user tab option of FA, however I have had no response for a week. During this time I have tried the following: using different browsers, removed all tabs to reduce any possible loading issues, tried the small variety of upload types and given it nearly a month check if the server were just in maintenance.
Unfortunately none resolved the issue in the slightest so the thought to ask via forums for possible answers or fixes.

Thanks.

Last edited:

quoting_mungo

Do you know what sort of number shows up for users online (total, not only registered users) in the page footer on FA mainsite when you get the error (provided you can still load pages as normal, and it's only uploads that're causing trouble)? The only possible factor I can think of offhand that you'd be in any kind of position to effect would be if you're trying to upload during peak hours.

Golecko

I have managed to get the submissions working now but not re-submissions, also thanks for the advice but during the submission issue I tried at a variety of times during the day. But I still can't resubmit artwork from the icon on the selected artwork, it just buffers and takes me to the time out page.

Golecko

ok now i'm confused, I tested it on an old submission by which I put a dot in one of the corners and resubmit and it works, it seems that some files don't allow me to resubmit, maybe the art program doesn't like it when I tweak art from an already exported file into Jpg

Golecko

So I think it is to do with 2 or 3 submissions, when I make a new submission I can resubmit stuff, however with the last 3 submissions it will not allow a resubmit, which is fine I guess, will have to delete them and resubmit them if they need changing.