• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Uncommon/Mythological Sonas?

KyooTea

~PM me song recommendations!~
Hiya! New to the fandom. I was wondering what uncommon species you have or have heard of? Hybrids work, but I'm more looking for animals that already exist in nature (although nature would be SO much cooler if our hybrids did exist.)

I ask because I'm a Wolpertinger myself (made a slight variation, based it around the clouds, thus Kyoo for Cumulus) and haven't seen but a few when I use google.

What unique sona's do you got?~

David Drake

Representative of Naboo
Wolpertingers are one of my favorite vanity pets in Warcraft. <3

I mean I almost never see dinosaurs of any kind so I feel kind of unique.

KyooTea

Wolpertingers are one of my favorite vanity pets in Warcraft. <3

I mean I almost never see dinosaurs of any kind so I feel kind of unique.
They're just so cute to me! Nothing like an antlered, fanged, bunny bird!

I haven't seen many dinosaurs as well, usually what I see tend to be a mix of a raptor and something else.

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
I Knew someone once that was a unicorn.

There’s lots of dragons and I feel like I remember a jackalope somewhere but I can’t recall.

I’m just a winged ferret not sure I count.

KyooTea

I Knew someone once that was a unicorn.

There’s lots of dragons and I feel like I remember a jackalope somewhere but I can’t recall.

I’m just a winged ferret not sure I count.
I think that's still unique. Yeah, seems like dragons are probably the most popular mythological being.

GarnetFerrum

Seven-tailed Fluffbutt
My sona is a hybrid, but also mythical. Half-based on the Japanese kitsune (Fox spirit or Nine-tailed fox spirit)

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
A fly. I wanted something weird and daring to make that probably does not fit in here.

GarnetFerrum

Seven-tailed Fluffbutt
Good mythological! I wouldn't have thought about a Kitsune.
Yep, it especially makes for a unique combination when hybridized. I mixed the Kitsune with a wolf for some shape and fur design.
1532112767.kaicoffeecat_garnet.png

KyooTea

Yep, it especially makes for a unique combination when hybridized. I mixed the Kitsune with a wolf for some shape and fur design.

I like it a lot! I'm still working out the design for my Wolpertinger. Making my first sona has been a lot more challenging than I thought it would be!

Enoch1135

Knowledge Bows To Spirit
Helloooo!
I have two Sonas, a Dragon-Panther (mountain lion) hybrid, and a Utahraptor - I like to think neither are really common, since there’s a ton of characters of the more popular few species out there (foxes, wolves, plain dragons). Yours all sound pretty cool!

KyooTea

Helloooo!
I have two Sonas, a Dragon-Panther (mountain lion) hybrid, and a Utahraptor - I like to think neither are really common, since there’s a ton of characters of the more popular few species out there (foxes, wolves, plain dragons). Yours all sound pretty cool!
Utharaptor! That's super awesome! I would have never thought to do something like that!

KyooTea

I hadn’t heard of a Wolpertinger before now, it really looks like a unique kinda Sona xD
Honestly, I've only seen a few others from just like a google search. Initially I was going to make a rabbit/crow hybrid, but then I saw it already existed, just with fangs and antlers and went with it.

Enoch1135

Knowledge Bows To Spirit
Huh, a rabbit-crow is something I haven’t seen before either lol. But fangs and antlers make me imagine a vampiric, flying jackalope xD

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
Hiya! New to the fandom. I was wondering what uncommon species you have or have heard of? Hybrids work, but I'm more looking for animals that already exist in nature (although nature would be SO much cooler if our hybrids did exist.)

I ask because I'm a Wolpertinger myself (made a slight variation, based it around the clouds, thus Kyoo for Cumulus) and haven't seen but a few when I use google.

What unique sona's do you got?~
Dragon human hybrid