• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Uncommon Species

CursedFire

I'm working on getting some variety in my works, and I am curious what kind of uncommon species do you guys wish you saw more of?

I personally would love to see some takes on aquatic mammals like sea lions! And maybe reptiles (like maybe some fun anthro leopard geckos!)

What is it you all wish you saw more of?

fralea

Y'all took my suggestions. Hmm... chinchilla? Or if that isn't rare enough how about viscacha?

Procompy

Dino Drawer
Birds.
There's plenty of some birds, like parrots, corvids, phoenixes, and raptors (not to mention griffins and other hybrids) but there are so many that I don't really know any examples of. Usually long necked birds because it's hard, but also some that just aren't popular, like shrieks and sparrows. Ever seen a waxwing fursona? Dang hard to find.

Ijaron

me^^ Ijaron
I'm working on getting some variety in my works, and I am curious what kind of uncommon species do you guys wish you saw more of?

I personally would love to see some takes on aquatic mammals like sea lions! And maybe reptiles (like maybe some fun anthro leopard geckos!)

What is it you all wish you saw more of?

i do know something either the excation or the exkharab the excation is a alien species created by BreknaExca on FA and the exkharab is a species created by me, inspired by the excation for the most part. i did not draw it though.

this is the exkharab:
hringos.jpg

SpasticGinger

I’m working on an aardwolf right now, but I’m always surprised I don’t see more okapi.

I’m also partial to prehistoric mammals, and other than the smilodon I don’t see that many.

ThunderSnowolf

Dead Account
My two main fursonas are a kaiju named Shadow, and an Australian Shepherd jinmenken named Frederick. I guess the jinmenken is a bit more uncommon if you don't count the fact that they're basically human dog hybrids; which sometimes you get criticized for having a dog OC since there are so many. I personally don't care, though.

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
Ferrets. I mean I’ve seen a few but.

More aquatic ones...I have been tempted to make an oscar character.

Marsupials. I haven’t seen hardly any, but maybe it’s different in countries where they appear more? I also want to see chinchillas and small rodents that aren’t mice/rats. (Love them but)

And birbs. Always want to see more birbs.

I’ve seen a total of one snail in my life too. So gimme more weird things.

ThunderSnowolf

Dead Account
Ferrets. I mean I’ve seen a few but.

More aquatic ones...I have been tempted to make an oscar character.

Marsupials. I haven’t seen hardly any, but maybe it’s different in countries where they appear more? I also want to see chinchillas and small rodents that aren’t mice/rats. (Love them but)

And birbs. Always want to see more birbs.

I’ve seen a total of one snail in my life too. So gimme more weird things.
Snails are cute, not weird. :(