• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Under estimated.

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
Do people close to you under estimate you?

My dad does. As many of you know I am a very keen bicycle enthusiast. I recently had 18 bicycles (including frames). As you all will also know by now I fix up old bicycles I get for free (or cheap) and sell them off on ebay when they are ready. But everytime I buy a bicycle my dad is like "Whatcha by that piece of shit for? you wont get much for that!" blah blah blah basically he has little faith in me for some reason, either that or he likes trying to burst my bubble.

Anyway to prove to him I KNOW what I am doing after ten years, I recently bought a dual suspension bike for 10 GBP (around 20 usd) all I did was replace a few parts and clean it up, I spent no money on parts as I al ready had them in my parts collection. When I put it on ebay it sold for 32 GBP (about 60 USD) pretty much triple what I paid for it.

I made 82 GBP this week on ebay just from selling three bicycles (about 165 USD) This is where I wish I had more storage space and a better flow of bikes to sell.

Anyway, it got me wondering if anyone has ever been under estimated by friends or family or by anyone?

Leon

Hot sammiches and cold beer.
All the time for me, my dad's just like that. =/

Leon

My dad is being quite a dick at the moment, so glad I am old enough to be living in my own place.
Things between me and my dad have been kinda intense lately, a few weeks ago he pushed me and I thought we were going to start swinging. XD

Foxy_Boy

Honest Foxy
Take his money, its the only way.

CrispSkittlez

Unprincipaly principled.
I get underestimated all the time; usually because I suddenly become good at something I used to be able to never do.

Like French. :V

Darkwing

By my mom, all the time.

She always thinks I'll hurt myself, usually when I do something, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing, sometimes.

Randy-Darkshade

Bike riding squirrel thing.
By my mom, all the time.

She always thinks I'll hurt myself, usually when I do something, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing, sometimes.

I don't do anything unless I KNOW I know what I am doing, for example I don't use chain saws or angle grinders because I don't know how to use one properly.

I need a new engine in my bike, but the spare I am getting needs the head oput back on, which I know how to do, I also know how to fit it to the bike, but it needs the timing chain set back up, which I wont touch because I know shit about setting up timing chains.

Foxy_Boy

Honest Foxy
I'll teach you all a valuable life lesson, take your parents shit so you can get favors when your moved out & you can't trust your parents at all because they always want to protect you.

Hey if they're that bad you can pick the retirement home....

Leon

I'll teach you all a valuable life lesson, take your parents shit so you can get favors when your moved out & you can't trust your parents at all because they always want to protect you.

Hey if they're that bad you can pick the retirement home....
:v

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Anyway, it got me wondering if anyone has ever been under estimated by friends or family or by anyone?

Yep, quite frequently. Used to amaze my grandmother all the time with my tech knowledge and skills.

San-Ryuuk

Just another smiling face
Lol, my parents don't know anything about what I do. They know what happens at school, and that's about it. They don't know that I make furry art (or any art for that matter), they know hardly anything about the company I keep, and they haven't noticed that I've started practicing/conditioning for parkour/free running. So, yeah, they're kind of oblivious. Although they generally try to make me try harder in my school related activities (academics and sports), because they think I'm not trying hard enough. It can be a bother.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Underestimated is one word.

Joeyyy

Fresh Prince of FAF
I get underestimated all the time. its when you completely blow the persons expectations of you that makes the sadness go away.

San-Ryuuk

Just another smiling face
I get underestimated all the time. its when you completely blow the persons expectations of you that makes the sadness go away.
My rational is that for the most part, someone's "underestimation" is just an estimation, and therefor not accurate. Besides, life sucks when you try to live following the standards of others.

blackfuredfox

is a Gunnery Sergeant now.
yes i often get underestimated, most particularly with when i get shipped off to Parris Island.

torachi

no, never. everyone sees me and says "now that guy, he can do anything"

actually its a little frustrating looking a lot younger than you are. people tend to think you havent seen nearly as much as you have.

DolphinSpirit

MOZZARELLA SUPREME
My friends underestimate me all the time but that's because they all have huge superiority complexes. =\

I wonder really..
Nobody shows a sign of underestimation or overestimation.
It's too plain to be true, I can see through lies and I can grab people's intentions. Though, I'm too plain myself - I don't estimate people at all. I am a mean liar with multicore simple heart.

B

BroadSmak

My dad both over- and underestimates me.
He assumes I know how to do everything he knows how to.. Like changing the tires on a car, He doesn't give me a clue on how to do it, and if I do it wrong, he gets mad..

Also, He keeps saying that I'll never be able to live in my own apartment, just because sometimes I forget to clean my room, that I would be living in a landfill, and that I can't take care of myself and blah blah blah..

He's a downright asshole, and He really thinks I'm gonne live with him until I'm 30 (no, really, he said that I would, that it's not up to me..)
He doesn't seem to realize that when I turn 18 I'll be an adult..

Lemoncholic

If anything I'm overestimated, but I prefer that because it means I have more of a drive to push myself more. And heck sometimes I meet these goals I didn't think I could!

Kampfisken

A Humungus Fungus Amongus
:V People dun' dare underestimate me.

Not that there's many left around to do that - moved out at the age of seventeen, and me and my friends are rather relaxed - we don't really weight each other up and down. =P

I skipped seventh grade, and attended Norway's premiere university when I moved out. I don't think I could have managed to keep going at such a high gear rate thorough school, if it wasn't for parents being somewhat OVERestimative, if anything!

If you fail at proving to people who underestimate you, that they are wrong, then they are right. :V