• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Underutilised Animal Posting

The_biscuits_532

Eternally Confused Feline
Red-Ruffed-Lemur-2-1.jpg

I DEMAND MORE LEEM SONAS

LOOK AT THIS BEAUTIFUL MADAGASCAN TREE BABY WITH HIS SNAGGLE TEEFS

(Its a red ruffed lemur (Varecia Rubra), native to a smol peninsula in northeastern Madagascar. There's also Black and White Ruffed Lemurs (Varecia Variegata) down the entire Eastern Coast)

But anyway yeah post uncommon animals you want to see more sonas of

D

Deleted member 111470

Vervet monkeys.

More primates in general - both apes and monkeys.

The_biscuits_532

Vervet monkeys.

More primates in general - both apes and monkeys.
I think Gibbons and Siamangs could work quite well with their goblin-esque stature and poofiness

But yes, especially Lemurs. Give us more Leems. They don't even look vaguely humanlike, which I think is the issue most primates suffer from in this community.

Except maybe the Babakoto. It literally looks like an Anthro.

D

Deleted member 111470

I think Gibbons and Siamangs could work quite well with their goblin-esque stature and poofiness

But yes, especially Lemurs. Give us more Leems. They don't even look vaguely humanlike, which I think is the issue most primates suffer from in this community.

Except maybe the Babakoto. It literally looks like an Anthro.

I started a thread here some time ago, asking why so few primates in the fandom. Their closeness to humans was the most common factor.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
It probably is. I just saw an opportunity to spread skunk second so I took it

I really haven't seen that many skunks but I've only been here a few days, so hopefully that'll change.

There's a few of us around here, but all in all, it doesn't seem to be among the most common species.

@Thrashy and @Pygmepatl are the two other skunks who've been active most recently, around these parts. But it's always good to have more skunks; we especially need to keep an eye on the foxes and wolves!

Punk_M0nitor

Resident Edgelord
Reptile that are not a gator, cobra, or dragon. What I would really like to see is characters based on lesser seen reptiles that are super pretty like Lace monitors, Andros Island Iguanas, and Blue Beauty Ratsnakes
My sona is a lace monitor! There are so many gorgeous reptiles people overlook. Ever seen a Mexican alligator lizard? What about a red-eyed crocodile skink? Real lizards that look just like tiny dragons
1610405939631.png

1610406014991.png

Don't even get me started on white-lipped pythons. They're iridescent
1610406391658.png

So are Brazillian rainbow boas
1610406521188.png

Monitor lizards have an incredible amount of variation too
1610406763146.png

(Blue tree monitor)
1610406953748.png

(Earless monitor)
1610407329622.png

(Ackie monitor)

Spend the time looking around. There are so many reptiles that nobody even knows about that could easily become an interesting sona!

Attachments

• 1610407185152.png
    1610407185152.png
    542.1 KB · Views: 7

The_biscuits_532

My sona is a lace monitor! There are so many gorgeous reptiles people overlook. Ever seen a Mexican alligator lizard? What about a red-eyed crocodile skink? Real lizards that look just like tiny dragons
View attachment 98659
View attachment 98660

View attachment 98661

View attachment 98662

View attachment 98663
(Blue tree monitor)
View attachment 98664
(Earless monitor)
View attachment 98666
(Ackie monitor)

Spend the time looking around. There are so many reptiles that nobody even knows about that could easily become an interesting sona!
Honestly I spent years debating whether to go for a feline or reptilian sona. The former may have won out but I'd like to revisit the latter at some point.

Also check out Basilisk Lizards. They're pretty cool

Tacoshark

Defender of the Sacred Nuggs
View attachment 98659
View attachment 98660

View attachment 98661

View attachment 98662

View attachment 98663
(Blue tree monitor)
View attachment 98664
(Earless monitor)
View attachment 98666
(Ackie monitor)

Awesome. My parents are looking after a Green Tree Monitor at home and my alt sona is partially based on this. More reptiles I think deserve more love are

Fijian Banded Iguanas
fiji-banded-iguana-04.jpg

Natalia's Mountain Horned Dragon
DSC_1448_xlarge.jpg

Carpet Chameleon
Carpet-1.jpg

Pygmepatl

Spotted Skunk
The fandom certainly needs more colorful and hypnotic animals, like cephalopods with the ability to change color and shape.

maxresdefault.jpg

Flamboyant-Cuttlefish-Shutterstock.jpg

While it's almost impossible to anthropomorphize them in a good way, I still feel that seeing sonas with similar traits would be pretty cool!

Sam Akuchin Wamm

Banned
Banned

Mr. Fox

Cheeseburger Pride
There are a lot of animals nowadays that are being underutilized. There are many obscure ones that would look good in real life but everyone is about dogs, cats, angel dragons and so on and so forth. I mean, yeah, it makes sense most identify with those creatures because we'll, most grew up with them, but a little more diversity wouldn't hurt. I quite like birds myself, I wonder what a cockatoo would look like as a fursuit...

Spitfire110

Bersaglieri
98% of all ocean life.
Essentially we need more sea life outside of sharks and dolphins.
For example...

Attachments

• header-porpoise-clicks.jpg
    header-porpoise-clicks.jpg
    478.5 KB · Views: 7
  • lg-90108-Golden-Moray.jpg
    lg-90108-Golden-Moray.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 78e5a3738e2b95ce310486d8d2426791.jpg
    78e5a3738e2b95ce310486d8d2426791.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Pomocanthus_imperator_facing_right.jpg
    Pomocanthus_imperator_facing_right.jpg
    761.5 KB · Views: 7

Punk_M0nitor

Resident Edgelord
Some more reptiles people should consider:

Sunbeam snakes
1610743988582.png

Western hognose snakes
1610744093218.png

King's dwarf monitors
1610744133461.png

Shieldhead geckos
1610744241406.png

Day geckos
1610744319767.png

Dragon snakes
1610746967305.png

Leaf-tailed geckos
1610747075172.png

Hogo

Unrespectable Member
Expanding on what was posted above, I definitely think anyone into colorful animals would love the Satanic Leaf Tailed Gecko and Giant Leaf Tailed Gecko.

Satanic:

Giant:

Bonus appeal if you're into hypnosis.

The Union Island Gecko is also an under-known but very colorful gecko: