• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

"Unfamiliar Frontier" RP thread

Corrupt-Canine

I decided to make my own RP thread. It will be focused on a setting that takes place in a futuristic alternate world but still has many modern world technologies. So let's get to the point:
Your characters will be put into a strange world that doesn't even look like it appears on the timeline of Earthly reality. They will venture an ever expanding and unexplored world called Atlas, due to its unnatural stretching across space like an infinitely big map. Humanity looks forward in excavating its resources, colonizing land, and moving forwards to a new frontier. But the task in trying to achieve these goals come at big costs. New creatures continue to pose a threat to anyone wanting to explore, hostile groups like pirates prey on incoming cargo, survivability is low for unprepared individuals, the scenery seems alien in nature, and some go insane from the trauma experiencing Atlas' landscape first hand. It's a gamble. A gamble for explorers to get rich.

"How can my characters survive?"
Many things such as medicare has made many things possible. The ability to completely regrow limbs, immunity to most known diseases, and fast healing. Weaponry ranges from modern tech, to lazer based weapons. However, the more powerful and useful, the more rare it is as well as the difficulty obtaining it. Odd items that could seem like magic exist too, same rules apply. Biotechnology has made biological enhancements possible. Cyborg tech exists too to improve overall performance. Magic? If that's something your characters does sure fine, there are some unique people in-story.

Your characters will meet and work with a medium-sized ambitious group called North Side Company, an exploration and "prospecting" company. They'll gather in a large complex located inside a human civilization where an instructor will soon meet up with them.

---
Name:
Background:
Abilities:
Weapons:
Bio: (optional)
Pictures are fine. Just make sure they aren't so big, we don't want lag on here when scrolling.

*Just a note. The most a character in this story usually should have is 2 or less main weapons, 4 abilities at max. Just trying to keep that part simple and believable.*

Julen

✮ Banter Squad Member ✮
Name: Julen Hartsock A.K.A Red

Species: human male

Background: (reveal through the story)

Abilities: extreme accuracy with firearms. Good with explosives. Mediocre with meele.

Weapons: normal military equipment. (including bayonet and 'nades) service rifle M16A2 with grenade launcher and colt 1911 old model

Bio: overall smartass psycopath. "First shoot then ask"

Corrupt-Canine

Name: Julen Hartsock A.K.A Red

Species: human male

Background: (reveal through the story)

Abilities: extreme accuracy with firearms. Good with explosives. Mediocre with meele.

Weapons: normal military equipment. (including bayonet and 'nades) service rifle M16A2 with grenade launcher and colt 1911 old model

Bio: overall smartass psycopath. "First shoot then ask"
This can work here. B-)

J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

I'm coming in !

NAME (along with pic as well) : Jin Lust-Sin

BACKGROUND : Not much is known about him, other than him volunteering to join the excavation in Atlas, though his motivation may be just as good as that of any mercenary signing up for a job that involves any sort of fighting, as if simply to "give it a try because why not". One reason could be so that he can support his family. The other reason, however, is usually hinted when he brutalizes his victims with a passion.

ABILITIES :
o Void Black Hole - Jin wraps himself in a black sphere, vanishes out of sight and enters a parallel dimension (known to his kind simply as “the Void”), in which he can still view and move around the surroundings normally. As soon as he enters this dimension, his HP, stamina and mana is instantly refilled, he gains complete immunity to AOE effects, cancels out all status effects he is suffering from, and becomes completely undetectable. His next attack would force him out of the dimension, but also cause x10 the damage he normally does.

o Blade Black Hole - Jin opens numerous black holes in the vicinity, which can shoot out waves of silver blades in a straight line at wherever he aims.

o Astral Black Hole - Jin opens a black hole with a white outline that can completely absorb all non-physical attacks. The attack, when absorbed, will "charge" the black hole up, until there's a white cross at the center. At this point, Jin can send out from it, Jin fires forward a massive blast similar to a shotgun / blunderbuss. The closer the enemy is to the black hole, the higher the damage.

o Grave Black Hole - Jin flaps his wings together outward, creating a massive black sphere with a blood-red outline that emits an orbit of energy of the void that drains the enemies' HP, stamina and mana in the vicinity, physically pulls them towards it, reduces their combat stats (damage, defense, resistance, speed, etc.) by half, and negates all their powers (including natural ones). Those coming in contact with the black hole are paralyzed.
After a short duration, the black hole "explodes", damaging and knocking all the enemies backward.

WEAPONS :
- A pair of wings made of individual blades that can be fired out and freely controlled from afar through electromagnetic force
- A massive chainsaw katana that does explosive damage on impact

BIO : Wild, feral and bestial in both behavior and mind ; unable to speak, only (try to) communicate with animal-like noises, but still understand human speech

Last edited by a moderator:

Julen

✮ Banter Squad Member ✮
I'm coming in !

NAME (along with pic as well) : Jin Lust-Sin
BACKGROUND : (reveals throughout the RP)
ABILITIES :

WEAPONS :

BIO : Smart-ass asshole XD
42746658.jpg

C

chiz

OKAY SO I DECIDED TO TRY THIS OUT YO

Name: is only known by his nickname "smokey"

Background:

Born on Reach, The son of a swedish human man and an anthro "North Swedish Horse" mare. At early age he started to serve in the UNSC marines across different UNSC systems. Due to his performance early in his military career he got promoted, but he didnt want to become a "document pusher" so he filed to become a ODST ( Orbital Drop Shock Trooper) where he later chose to go into the special operations division, he is now at Warrant Officer rank and also works as a military police when needed. He willingly went into medical research which got him fitted with augmentations and cybernetic implants for research purposes.

Abilities:

active abilities (weapons): Bulletstorm - reduces assault rifle spread, causing accuracy and damage to go up for a limited time.
steady shot - reduces Battle rifle recoil immenseely, allowing for more rapid fire without losing accuracy, for a limited time.

passive abilities:

cybernetic vision - cybernetic eyes allow for nightvision, heat vision and zoom capabilities, this adds a small ammount of accuracy bonus.

Sturdy core - Cybernetic lungs heart and a strenghtened spine allows for massive amounts stamina, allowing for peak performance for long periods of time, this allows for much faster stamina recharge rates in addition to having maximum stamina.

Weapons:

MA5D Individual Combat Weapon System
BR85N Service Rifle.

(i added this just because lol) Gear:

standardized UNSC/ONI ODST uniform and armour with certain personalized additions which includes but are not limited to:

writing, painting and symbols.

Bio: www.f-list.net/c/smokey%20the%20odst/ is under "BIO" section. the kink list is if you REALLY wanna know that much LOLOL THERE ARE ALSO PICTURES OF HIM HERE

so yeah that is my character, i actually is very interested to try this out since ive never done naything like this. hopefully my character will fit.

even though i realize he seems a bit OP he is not he is very much killable so yeah hopefully you people think he will fit for this! :)

Julen

✮ Banter Squad Member ✮
OKAY SO I DECIDED TO TRY THIS OUT YO

Name: is only known by his nickname "smokey"

Background:

Born on Reach, The son of a swedish human man and an anthro "North Swedish Horse" mare. At early age he started to serve in the UNSC marines across different UNSC systems. Due to his performance early in his military career he got promoted, but he didnt want to become a "document pusher" so he filed to become a ODST ( Orbital Drop Shock Trooper) where he later chose to go into the special operations division, he is now at Warrant Officer rank and also works as a military police when needed. He willingly went into medical research which got him fitted with augmentations and cybernetic implants for research purposes.

Abilities:

active abilities (weapons): Bulletstorm - reduces assault rifle spread, causing accuracy and damage to go up for a limited time.
steady shot - reduces Battle rifle recoil immenseely, allowing for more rapid fire without losing accuracy, for a limited time.

passive abilities:

cybernetic vision - cybernetic eyes allow for nightvision, heat vision and zoom capabilities, this adds a small ammount of accuracy bonus.

Sturdy core - Cybernetic lungs heart and a strenghtened spine allows for massive amounts stamina, allowing for peak performance for long periods of time, this allows for much faster stamina recharge rates in addition to having maximum stamina.

Weapons:

MA5D Individual Combat Weapon System
BR85N Service Rifle.

(i added this just because lol) Gear:

standardized UNSC/ONI ODST uniform and armour with certain personalized additions which includes but are not limited to:

writing, painting and symbols.

Bio: www.f-list.net/c/smokey%20the%20odst/ is under "BIO" section. the kink list is if you REALLY wanna know that much LOLOL THERE ARE ALSO PICTURES OF HIM HERE

so yeah that is my character, i actually is very interested to try this out since ive never done naything like this. hopefully my character will fit.

even though i realize he seems a bit OP he is not he is very much killable so yeah hopefully you people think he will fit for this! :)
(sec 26) the BIO was LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

RileyTheOtter

The Autistic Otter
Name: Ryo Crueger
Species: Demon Wolf (self-description but actually biotech/cybernetically enhanced against his will by an illegal experiment)
Background: A shinobi during a war long since ended, upon dying (actually captured after being pummeled to near-death) he found himself in hell (the illegal lab which he considered hell) where he became a demon wolf using his skills as a shinobi to escape. Now he finds employment as a mercenary for hire often doing security or "wet-work" for companies and wealthy individuals. Currently on a job as hired muscle to protect cargo for a company setting up operations in a newly discovered land.
Abilities: grew wings after becoming a demon, and puts his "demonically" altered physical capabilities to use with his martial arts. Voluntarily had his eyes replaced with cybernetics to keep up with his newly enhanced body.
Weapons: 1 plasma edged sword, plasma based sniper rifle and carries numerous monofilament edged throwing knives as sidearms for stealth ops, carries a few small baseball-sized smoke/flash bombs as well.
Outfit: Custom made combat suit keyed to his unique genetic signature (that due to his "demonic" alterations can't be duplicated or faked) serves as skin tight body armor with 4 different modes.
Bio: A fiercely loyal shinobi even in death, always completes a job even if it means a one way trip to hell. Smart-ass with a dark and sarcastic sense of humor.

Last edited:

Julen

✮ Banter Squad Member ✮
Apparently everyone is a smart-ass here XD. Not even kidding

RileyTheOtter

The Autistic Otter
And me too....
And Jin....
Yay! We have to create a Smart-ass Community.
but i'm the worst kind of smart-ass. A sarcastic smart-ass with a dark and often cruel or sadistic sense of humor that doesn't know when to shut up, and more often than not (without even trying or meaning to) always instinctively finds the one thing to say that can either instantly piss someone off or shut them up in disbelief using minimal if any effort.

Julen

✮ Banter Squad Member ✮
but i'm the worst kind of smart-ass. A sarcastic smart-ass with a dark and often cruel or sadistic sense of humor that doesn't know when to shut up, and more often than not (without even trying or meaning to) always instinctively finds the one thing to say that can either instantly piss someone off or shut them up in disbelief using minimal if any effort.
Meh. We're all smart-asses after all :3

C

chiz

y'all just be dead smartasses if you cant be as good at fighting as you are at being sassy :p

Zipline

Noodle Fish
oh oh, do me! :D