• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Unpopular fursonas

Summercat

Former Motterator
1287157145.animal-crackers_summerchimeralowres.jpg

I swear, one day I'll find someone who'll ask to be one.

Valery91Thunder

Slasher Movies & Devil's Music

I think it looks too much like a sparklehybrid to be chosen... but hey, sparkledogs are pretty much used, there must be one who'd love it! x3
Also, among those tails, I've spotted a scorpion one, and that reminds me: we need more scoprion sonas. xP

There aren't a lot of little lizards. I haven't seen an anol fursona before. Skyrim might increase that though.

Also bugsonas. There aren't many bug fursonas or personas of other small skeleton-less things. But then again, their design would look pretty freaky unless the design is just a human with antennas. They could look pretty cool with more buggy parts, but it's not really the kind of look someone would want for their persona.
Oi! Now I'm thinking of a lot of fursonas I haven't seen before!

I haven't seen an Eastern dragon scalie before, though I know there are some out there. Also fairy/faerie dragons are apparently a thing. A thing that I'm waiting to become scary popular as a fursona. I'm sure once people start hearing about it, it'll become as popular as western dragons are as fursonas or scaliesonas or whatever.

I'm a tiny bit surprised that I haven't come across a Neopian furry yet. Xweetoks and Meercas are too cute NOT to consider. But I guess ever since the redesign, they've lost a bit of their furry charm.

The closest I've come to seeing a shrimp furry were those two gay shrimp from Happy Feet 2 and the logo for Bumblebee<?> tuna.

Speaking of Happy Feet, does anyone have a penguin fursona? And where are all the robins? I swear, even with the almost endless selection of bird species, we only see the same four birds fursonas.

C

Cid_Nielcen

Anything crossed with a tiger, a wolf, or a fox is not unpopluar or rare.

Need more ligers. It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic. :v

I'm sure there have got to be some out there, but I've never seen anyone with a flying squirrel fursona.
Also never seen an armadillo.

Symlus

Sophisticated Snake
Holy crap this thread is old. For a rare 'sona, I've never seen a Pangolin sona. I love pangolins- they look cool. But I guess they're just too rare to be popular.

NerdyMunk

Only a Book Smart Nerd
<---- See poster here.

F

FangWarrior

Not many water creatures, I also do not see many rats, rats are cool, I've only ever seen one.

Zan'theros

Fiery Wanderer
Would be interesting if someone chose a rhino, or perhaps a buffalo, or maybe even an elephant.
You know, just to mix things up a little bit.

F

FangWarrior

Don't see many bears, but I've seen some. But not once ever have I seen a hedgehog, porcupine, or any griffons

Last edited by a moderator:

Zan'theros

Fiery Wanderer
But not once ever have I seen a hedgehog, porcupine, or any griffons
That's because it's hard to make those look cute and cuddly. I mean really, would you WANT to snuggle with something that can stab you with ease?
But for the gryphons, I guess it's because they can't decide whether to be mammalian or avian creatures. Too confusing for small minds.

Krysch

That's because it's hard to make those look cute and cuddly. I mean really, would you WANT to snuggle with something that can stab you with ease?
But for the gryphons, I guess it's because they can't decide whether to be mammalian or avian creatures. Too confusing for small minds.

Who said people only wanted fursonas that were cute and cuddly, and just to snuggle with?
What about fursonas that go for more the adventurer, fighter (seen a few of them around) or just plain different personality route? They don't needa be cute and cuddly...