• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Unpopular fursonas

Cyanomega

personally everyone with a wolf has no imagination. its like going to learn an instrument, picking guitar and only playing smoke on the water.
Or they are just infatuated with wolves?
I think I have plenty imagination. What with my writing adventures for my D&D/Pathfinder/Shadowrun and call of Cthulhu campaigns. I also have paintings, statues, plushies and even a snow globe of wolves. I just love them and don't think imagination comes into play in that respect.

PrincessParrot

800 Salted Almonds
Anyone ever seen a Tapir? I think that would make a cute fursona! <3 Or a pelican.

PrincessParrot

800 Salted Almonds
As in "acutal birds". Which means no fluffy paws with pawpads, and no big furry ears. Why do peopla have to stick ears and paws on everything?

I feel like there are so many gryphons because people want he best of both worlds. Dirty little birdy feet are cute enough though!

Roadkvlted

Dumpster Dweller
I can never see enough opossums. I mean there is a steady growing number.

But like, rodent and reptilian fursonas - the really obscure reptiles, not lizards or snakes - are so unpopular for some reason.

Ratical

Badgers and wolverines are kinda in short supply now that I think about it. There's lots of cool design potential for both, but I think they too similar to other animals in general. Kinda bearish, kinda raccoonish, ferocious but lack the regality of wolves/big cats. But I'm sure they appeal to someone.

I can never see enough opossums. I mean there is a steady growing number.

I posted this in another thread, but my very first 'sona ever was a possum. I didn't have it very long, just chatted a few times on Furcadia while everyone thought I was a mouse cuz of how limited the characters were then. I think possums are awossum, but in the end I succumbed to the rodent side.

SodaBubbles

I will deliver the explosion
Snakes.

Frankly this thread gives me a lot of fodder for art in general. I love drawing all kinds of things, and some days I don't want to have to google around to think of what to draw.

Vineheart01

Ive never seen a wolverine or other Mink-related animals. Or a beaver lol.
Part of me didnt want to use a fox as my fursona because theyre pretty common. But i decided screw it and went with it since irl a Fox has been my favorite animal since i was a little kid and i even have some traits a fox would be depicted as having (my friends swear im a wannabe ninja or something because i just "smokebomb" out or in of places even though i dont try to be sneaky lol)

There arent enough synapsids i think ive maybe seen one gorgonopsid character actually fleshed out enough to be called a fursona but thats it. come on people theres a ton of cool synapsids out there like gorgonopsids therocephalians lystrosauruses dinocephalians diictodons goddamn dimetrodons and edaphosauruses people! and with synapsids being a halfway point between mammals and reptiles theres a ton of room for artistic liberty. i guess most of them being scary looking with hard to spell names pushes people away a damn shame id love to see more of them especcially adorable little diictodons.

Yarra

Fuzzball
I was going to say snakes but Soda got it first. Vultures. I haven't seen that carrion-eating bird yet.

Anyone ever seen a Tapir? I think that would make a cute fursona! <3 Or a pelican.

I am amazed there are not more tapirs. You'd think everyone would want a penis longer than their arm ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

N

Nyro46

Minks. They're probably the most underrated mustelid. Excluding the stupid Sonic Fan Character Wiki, where everyone there decided to make crappy mink characters because my former friend who was popular there made her main characters minks because of my character, Tito. Who has nothing to do with Sonic. But non of them even look like actual minks anyway... and whenever I try to look up actual mink characters, like cartoon mink characters or even fursuits, I'm always bombarded with freaking Minerva Mink! Like seriously?!
Also I want to see a naked mole rat.

Mei

Aderpable Fluffbutt
Or they are just infatuated with wolves?
I think I have plenty imagination. What with my writing adventures for my D&D/Pathfinder/Shadowrun and call of Cthulhu campaigns. I also have paintings, statues, plushies and even a snow globe of wolves. I just love them and don't think imagination comes into play in that respect.

THANK YOUUUUUU. I just absolutely adore wolves. I think they are elegant and majestic. They are pretty much my favorite mythical creature, next to Ligers. Wait, what??

I almost, ALMOST did a Red Panda (I haven't personally seen many people do this), but I couldn't tear myself away :<

ShioBear

EH b0sss
Banned
THANK YOUUUUUU. I just absolutely adore wolves. I think they are elegant and majestic. They are pretty much my favorite mythical creature, next to Ligers. Wait, what??

I almost, ALMOST did a Red Panda (I haven't personally seen many people do this), but I couldn't tear myself away :<
what? mythical means made up in myths...... wolves are real.... not mythical in any way... and the fact that at least 60% of noobs make a wolf persona pretty much makes them unoriginal. its like cars, just because you like honda civics does not make your car choice original seeing there are millions of skidds driving them around everywhere.

Mei

Aderpable Fluffbutt
what? mythical means made up in myths...... wolves are real.... not mythical in any way... and the fact that at least 60% of noobs make a wolf persona pretty much makes them unoriginal. its like cars, just because you like honda civics does not make your car choice original seeing there are millions of skidds driving them around everywhere.

I was making a joke ;) Just trying to keep the conversation light and fun.

Ratical

Oxen, bison, yaks, and other large bovines aren't seen much. Neither are camels. Single or two-humped.

Also, we have decent amount of deer, but usually just the normal variety. Caribou, elk, and moose are barely represented. There's a shortage of walking coat racks.

Last edited:

DisneyMudkip

I haven't seen many chipmunk fursuiters. I plan to make one someday :)

Wolf-Man-Kyle

I can agree that there's way too many wolves, that don't stop me from loving them tho.
Honestly tho, I wanna see more avians and ferrets. And goats.
Avians are amazing, especially when they're actually full on avian. Ferrets and Goats are just awesome though. I've seen a few goats before, but never really a ferret.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Huh, there's quite a few I'd like to see more of:

Some animals that I think should be seen more often as fursonas:

-Mongoose, especially the ring-tailed Mongoose
-Fossa
-Weasels

...and of course...more skunks!

Caribbean

King of this Hologram
This may sound weird but.... piñatas. Its so wild I've never seen a piñata as a sona before. And I don't mean a piñata animal, I mean like a viva piñata species. I've considered one in the past, but I'll likely avoid doing so until I grow out of my current one. Sure they're based on living animals, but aren't most mythical creatures that're inevitably used?
I'm just. Very passionate about Viva Piñata.