• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Unpopular movies you enjoy

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!
What are some movies you all enjoy and like that everyone else doesnt like? For me it would be:
Prince_of_Persia_poster.jpg

p_johncarter_19880_db4d22d7.jpeg

QueenSekhmet

A Nightmare Dressed Like A Daydream
p64653_p_v8_ar.jpg

beauty and the beast: the enchanted christmas is hands down THE best chrsitmas movie ever to exist and it legit pisses me off that people talk about how "great" movies like "home alone" and "bad santa" are but totally ignore enchanted christmas despite it being THE perfect christmas movie that also adds to the lore of ANOTHER classic movie. this movie deserves FAR more respect than it get's.

Weed_kangaroo

Weed n hoes dealer
The film's name is "the snow queen", as far I know this movie is russian but the first time I have found the full movie it was dubbed in croatian. I liked the movie, the 3D was not the best but some char.designs looked good to my eyes, and the story and world building was kind of weird, but I found this movie entertaining to watch (i am not good at making rants, sorry :"u). Some prople do not like this movie because "it looks like a cheap frozen".
thumb_338_390_500_0_0_crop.jpg

beanie the sleepy kitty

a cat who loves naps!
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind is an amazing movie. As a child I watched the English dub, but as an adult I saw the one with the original Japanese dialog with English subtitles. All I've got to say is that the one in Japanese is 100 times better because in the English version they changed nearly the entire script.

Screenshot_20220610-163353_Gallery.jpg

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind is an amazing movie. As a child I watched the English dub, but as an adult I saw the one with the original Japanese dialog with English subtitles. All I've got to say is that the one in Japanese is 100 times better because in the English version they changed nearly the entire script.

View attachment 133359
They came out with another English dub, actually, that was approved by Miyazaki himself later on. I saw it with my girlfriend when she was introducing to his work since I hadn't seen Studio Ghibli's films before. We also saw Princess Mononoke, which I also liked and had amazing voice talent.

What are some movies you all enjoy and like that everyone else doesnt like? For me it would be:
Prince_of_Persia_poster.jpg

p_johncarter_19880_db4d22d7.jpeg
The source material is iffy, but the movie was good. It's a shame it didn't get a sequel.

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!
They came out with another English dub, actually, that was approved by Miyazaki himself later on. I saw it with my girlfriend when she was introducing to his work since I hadn't seen Studio Ghibli's films before. We also saw Princess Mononoke, which I also liked and had amazing voice talent.

The source material is iffy, but the movie was good. It's a shame it didn't get a sequel.
Disney had just bought Star Wars and bad advertising is what sadly killed it from getting a sequel. They were planning on making a trilogy.

SystemSearcher

Variety Artist and Vector Angstist
The mothertrucking Bionicle trilogy. Those three movies, while overall mediocre-to-decent, are an integral part of my childhood, to the point that, back in the day, there was a period in my life where I watched all three daily, back to back, for at least a month, without getting bored.
url

QueenSekhmet

A Nightmare Dressed Like A Daydream
The mothertrucking Bionicle trilogy. Those three movies, while overall mediocre-to-decent, are an integral part of my childhood, to the point that, back in the day, there was a period in my life where I watched all three daily, back to back, for at least a month, without getting bored.
url
though i can't say i'm a big bionicle fan as a whole,those trailers they did with the music for the toys were fucking on point (most of all "creeping in my soul").

SystemSearcher

Variety Artist and Vector Angstist
though i can't say i'm a big bionicle fan as a whole,those trailers they did with the music for the toys were fucking on point (most of all "creeping in my soul").
You should listen to some of the first three movies' soundtracks. Nathan Furst made some of the absolute best orchestral soundtracks I've ever heard with those, to the point that they're close by with John Williams for me.

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!
url
Im a huge Bionicle fan, I even have some of the original storyboards from the second movie!

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!

TrishaCat

The Iron Masked Cat in the FAF
The Book of Eli
Its a stupid movie but I really liked its depiction of a post-apocalyptic US and the main character was very likable.

BadRoy

Snake awakens
For some reason I love M. Night's The Village. I think it's a combo of the performances, the old New England aesthetic, and the voilin-heavy soundtrack.
I don't even care about hwo stupid the twist is.

L

LameFox

For some reason I love M. Night's The Village. I think it's a combo of the performances, the old New England aesthetic, and the voilin-heavy soundtrack.
That one was a victim of the idiots responsible for marketing it IMO. The plot is nothing special but the rest of it was good enough that it's not an awful film—except that from the ads you'd think it was a horror movie, and the people who went to see it wanted a horror movie. It was basically engineered disappointment for the sake of protecting the 'twist' which was probably the weakest part of the film anyway.

Baron Tredegar

Ukraine Strong!
The Disney movie The Black Hole. It is a blatant rip off of Star Wars but it has the honor of being the darkest movie Disney has ever made. If you dont believe me this is the ending:

Kumali

Lupine-American
The Pianist, 2002
i cried all movie

Great film. Whatever Polanski may or may not have done in his personal life, the man's a brilliant director.

X

Xitheon

The Village is actually one of my comfort movies. I love the atmosphere and the characters. It has a mournful and sad feel and I agree that the soundtrack is amazing.

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
The Village is actually one of my comfort movies. I love the atmosphere and the characters. It has a mournful and sad feel and I agree that the soundtrack is amazing.
I liked it, and Signs. I hear a lot of hate for Signs, but it's one of my comfort movies.

The one I never hear anyone talk about, like it's totally forgotten, is Pleasantville. I loved it, it is still so relevant to things happening today.