• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Unpopular movies you enjoy

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets has been a favorite of mine just because of the creativity on display with the special effects, but it's probably not getting a sequel with how it performed at the box office.

It remind me of The Fifth Element, another favorite by Luc Besson.

F

Fluxbender

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets has been a favorite of mine just because of the creativity on display with the special effects, but it's probably not getting a sequel with how it performed at the box office.

It remind me of The Fifth Element, another favorite by Luc Besson.
Wait, that movie didn't do good?!! I thought it was really creative! Sure the two main characters were kind of 'Spy Kids' material but with all of other weird stuff going on they managed to fit in. Stuff from old French sci-fi comics (or movies) are always a treat. I wish they made more movies like Valerian!

Last edited by a moderator:

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Wait, that movie didn't do good?!! I thought it was really creative! Sure the two main characters were kind of 'Spy Kids' material but with all of other weird stuff going on they managed to fit in. Stuff from old French sci-fi comics (or movies) are always a treat. I wish they made more movies like Valerian!
It didn't make enough to justify a sequel; the massive special effects budget and screening delays were blamed.

But one of my high school French teachers had introduced me to the comics and I've been a fan since.

I also generally like Luc Besson's filmography.

Silverthunder

Dr. Inkwell
Covenant and Prometheus!

Sure they rely on certain tropes heavily to advance the plot, but they're pretty solid cosmic horror-esque movies. I don't hear people complaining about the cringy tropes in Avatar >.< plus, the alien designs in both were glorious additions to the alien universe!

BadRoy

Snake awakens
I really enjoyed the movie Splice.
Splice-poster.jpg

It's not great, but having studied biology I got a kick out of some of the lip service they played to actual concepts. The creature is perfectly uncanny given she's literally a human mutant creature. It also has some of the most uncomfortable sex scenes maybe ever. Cool/10.

Tetrachroma

"nEw UsEr"
Equilibrium. Haven't seen it in a long time but I think it's a great movie despite its abysmal ratings. It's got gun-fu, what's not to love?

MidnightBlueWolf

Will deny everything

Momentum completely bombed at the box office, but it's actually a really decent movie.

It didn't try to copy every other movie at the time and actually did its own thing, so it wasn't predictable or boring like more popular movies.

Zehlua

Magepunk Fashionisto
p64653_p_v8_ar.jpg

beauty and the beast: the enchanted christmas is hands down THE best chrsitmas movie ever to exist and it legit pisses me off that people talk about how "great" movies like "home alone" and "bad santa" are but totally ignore enchanted christmas despite it being THE perfect christmas movie that also adds to the lore of ANOTHER classic movie. this movie deserves FAR more respect than it get's.
YAAAAAAAASSSSSSS!!!!!!

Zehlua

Magepunk Fashionisto
I really enjoyed the movie Splice.
Splice-poster.jpg

It's not great, but having studied biology I got a kick out of some of the lip service they played to actual concepts. The creature is perfectly uncanny given she's literally a human mutant creature. It also has some of the most uncomfortable sex scenes maybe ever. Cool/10.
Have you heard of the movie Thale?

JackieJack

The Lobster is one of my favorite movies, which is underrated and unpopular. It's quite a good thread to find something interesting to watch.

RamblingRenegade

Just a Horse Trying to Avoid Life's Manure
Jaws the revenge.. it's known as one of the worst rated movies of all time, yet I still like it

RamblingRenegade

Just a Horse Trying to Avoid Life's Manure
Michael Caine when asked about his role in the movie:

"Somebody said, 'Have you ever seen Jaws 4? ' I said, 'No. But I've seen the house it bought for my mum. It's fantastic!
Yup that quote cracks me up

PeppermintSwirl

Jumper
images

People think it's a terrible movie with a lot of plot holes but I personally like it. Has a great plot and I don't think I've seen anyone go forward with the idea or make a sequel besides this 1 film

Sodasats20

“D a t t e b a y o”
Fritz the cat

Masterpiece

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Hellraiser : Inferno
It seems Event Horizon is considered as goofy and poorly made by a lot of people too but it's a favorite of mine.
And a movie called Taxandria, not unpopular because it's disliked that I know of but because it's such an obscure movie, hard to find

Minerva_Minx

Explosion loving skooma cat
I saw Ballistics: Ecks vs Sever and used to like it for its explosions and fights. Yes, they were corny and boring, but Lucy Liu and Antonio Banderas phoning in performances while other just totally overacted, it was like watching a "fun" train wreck on loop. Up there with wanting to run and hode at wanting to watch Battlefield: Earth. Watching it until you finally cringe out with someone else is an ok time.