• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Unpopular opinions 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlooferWoofer

Depressed. Going back into lurk mode.
The video games industry as we knew it is dead. Creativity in video gaming is deemed "too risky" by investors seeking a return. If you want video games to NOT suck, you need to kick big money and all the suits out.

Good games don't need big budgets, studios, teams, timelines, or good graphics. FFS, it took way too many keyboard jockeys to make a broken pile of unpolished crap like Fallout 76. Compare it to Undertale or Minecraft which was made with a fraction of the team, budget, of everything used to churn out shit AAA games and you see the real cancer is big business.

Sadly, it might be too late to excise.

For example Minecraft has "Bad" graphics, no quests, yet is worth billions. >>>>>> Cyberpunk 2077/Fallout 76 which has good graphics but are tedious to play and both lost millions of dollars.

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
Videogames are for children.

*runs for cover*
Somebody better tell that to the ESRB then for rating games that were intended for people that are 17+.

Last edited:

FlooferWoofer

Depressed. Going back into lurk mode.
Somebody better tell that to the ESRB then for rating games that were intended for people that are 17+
Nonsense. Leisure Suit Larry, Hatred, and Conker's Bad Fur Day were totally intended for an impressionable young demographic. :rolleyes: I expanded my vocabulary with quite a few colorful words from these games.

(Sarcasm is fun.)

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF
Nonsense. Leisure Suit Larry, Hatred, and Conker's Bad Fur Day were totally intended for an impressionable young demographic. :rolleyes: I expanded my vocabulary with quite a few colorful words from these games.

(Sarcasm is fun.)
I don't understand it, so it must clearly be invalid and without merit. Checkmate Videya games.

Last edited:

Lucyfur

United forever in friendship and labour
puberty blockers are completely fine to give to children who request them.

Hogo

Unrespectable Member
I think the Final Fantasy 13 trilogy was good, especially FF 13-2 and Lightning Returns.

The sauce is the best part of pizza and I ask for extra.

Chairs are better than booths.

I don't have too many unpopular opinions but it could also be a lack of self awareness and I will find out more.

I think the Final Fantasy 13 trilogy was good, especially FF 13-2 and Lightning Returns.
1610594577891.png

what'd you even enjoy about that game? the only thing i liked about it was that black guy with the afro and the dual pistols, he was cool as shit.

Hogo

Unrespectable Member
View attachment 98906
what'd you even enjoy about that game? the only thing i liked about it was that black guy with the afro and the dual pistols, he was cool as shit.

I had the most issues with 13, a bit hallwayish but the awkward vibes with Sazh and Vanille (she felt awkwardly sexualized?) brought down a lot of respect for the game. That being said, I think the setting and music were amazing and I loved all the references to Hinduism in the enemies, and the game could be genuinely challenging at moments compared to last FF titles and I think the combat system was overhated. Design philosophy of the game is the second best in the series, behind 10. Everything looked so cool and unique.

FF13-2 I love the time travel and soundtrack and the characters and their dialogue felt well written this time around. I also greatly appreciate that they pulled off a male and female main character duo without them becoming love interests and idk the game came out at a dark time in my life and the messages of hope and stuff from the main characters unexpectedly cheered me up? Monster taming and growing was fun. Caius is a great villain, one of the best in the series. And Hope was one of my favorite FF characters by the end of this game which is such a turn-around from FF13.

Lightning Returns is the closest thing we have to Majora's Mask in gameplay and that's a big plus since MM is maybe my favorite game of all time. My only issues in the entire game were some of the outfit designs and some NPCs having some awkward designs. And I really like the cosmology it expanded on. Yet another fantastic soundtrack and setting design. Wraps things up rather nicely. The battle system was well done despite my concern of it being boring because it's a solo party. The main city and its atmosphere was really well done.

The big sin is that 13 itself was super problematic and a lot of people wouldn't be willing to play the sequels which I think are genuinely fun and redeem some earlier issues.

Grivies

Give me Tschik, or give me death!
Free will is a lie, every single action you take has already been prepared in your subconsciousness and is a product of evolution and environmental influences. You don't decide to "lift an arm" or "sit down", the decision has already been made before you think about making it. Taking this further it means that no person is accountable for their potential crimes since it is their subconsciousness (again formed from outside influence and evolution) that makes these "bad" decisions for them. For the sake of society we have to keep up this charade of free will and the illusion of "accountability", civilization could not exist without it.

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
Free will is a lie, every single action you take has already been prepared in your subconsciousness and is a product of evolution and environmental influences. You don't decide to "lift an arm" or "sit down", the decision has already been made before you think about making it. Taking this further it means that no person is accountable for their potential crimes since it is their subconsciousness (again formed from outside influence and evolution) that makes these "bad" decisions for them. For the sake of society we have to keep up this charade of free will and the illusion of "accountability", civilization could not exist without it.
That would be like saying water doesn't exist, because it's actually formed of molecules

Jackpot Raccuki

Aka the hot single in your area. (Not Single)
The video games industry as we knew it is dead. Creativity in video gaming is deemed "too risky" by investors seeking a return. If you want video games to NOT suck, you need to kick big money and all the suits out.

Good games don't need big budgets, studios, teams, timelines, or good graphics. FFS, it took way too many keyboard jockeys to make a broken pile of unpolished crap like Fallout 76. Compare it to Undertale or Minecraft which was made with a fraction of the team, budget, of everything used to churn out shit AAA games and you see the real cancer is big business.

Sadly, it might be too late to excise.

For example Minecraft has "Bad" graphics, no quests, yet is worth billions. >>>>>> Cyberpunk 2077/Fallout 76 which has good graphics but are tedious to play and both lost millions of dollars.
Nothing new.

It’s why indie games have been on then rise since 2010, they do better generally speaking and have more creativity and due to either lack of developers and money some aren’t intense in graphics like undertale or even in cases like Cuphead people put a lot of work and effort into it and despite the risk manage to come out on top.

Only reason I want to work in the industry is to mostly have a decent paying job than what I have currently, plus odds are I might meet peeps and make our own game together, otherwise I’d advice peeps to go indie game, platforms like Steam let us upload to a wide range of people and youtubers help publish it with a genuine reaction and may get it picked up by others.

Even if you get a Fall guys, you’d of made a decent amount. But just know some trends don’t stick, but never chase it either.

Yakamaru

I put the fun in dysfunctional
What's a vine video? Like time-lapse videos of vines growing?
Used to be shorter videos. Thomas Sanders had a lot or fun ones.

GUYS IM GONNA DO IT IM GONNA SAY IT RGGHHHH!!!!!!!
ZACH SNYDER IS A GOOD DIRECTOR AND RESPECTS SUPERMAN
I'm just kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.